Chapter 18: Divine Power
161 15 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a smile on her face, Gawr Gura spins both of her tridents around, one after the other. As blue and red energy surrounds both her body and her tridents, she lunges towards The Ancient Ones, while leaving a crater where she stood. They block her tridents with one sword each, which creates a huge shockwave. While holding her short sword in her right hand, Mumei rushes towards The Ancient Ones, who were still clashing with Gawr Gura. She does a slash towards them, but a third arm juts out of the left side of their stomach, a sword materializes in it and they block her attack. 

AO:(This bird woman seems stronger than before… Neither of them have any wounds on them either. They must have done something while we were fighting that thing.)

Gawr Gura swings both of her tridents downward and pushes them away, then raises her blue trident and points its tip towards The Ancient Ones. A rapidly moving whirlpool forms in front of her trident.

Gawr Gura:” Torrent Bullets.

The moment she says the attack name, an endless stream of water bullets all shoot out toward The Ancient Ones. They quickly fly away and dodge them, but Gura’s bullets home toward them. One of them hits them on the middle of their stomach and a portion of it explodes, which leaves a hole in them and their eyes widen upon the damage. They speed up and gain distance between themselves and the bullets following them, then send dozens of tentacles from their back toward them. Each time they connect, the bullets explode and create huge holes in the tentacles. Gura stops her attack, and as the tentacles are about to reach her, Mumei flies at The Ancient Ones and swings a tornado down at them, which sends them flying into a building, along with their tentacles. 

AO:(We see now. Up until now, the shark had only been using the trident for physical attacks, however, if she uses it to control water, her water attacks are much stronger. We can tell, even a microscopic droplet of that water is strong enough to destroy the planet… The bird woman’s wind attacks are surely stronger while using her blade as well…)

Mumei points the tip of her blade toward the building and an enormous tornado forms around it, then shoots The Ancient Ones upwards. The tornado disperses and right away, The Ancient Ones can see Gawr Gura standing on air not far from them, with an ocean of water all around her. She raises her red trident and points the tip toward The Ancient Ones. The water around her 

Gawr Gura:" Cascade."

The water all instantly takes the shape of a cylinder and bursts at The Ancient Ones.

AO:(This attack! It is at least a dozen times bigger and stronger than when she used it with just her hand!) 

They quickly raise all three of their swords while covered in dark purple energy and swing them down at the stream of water, they manage to stop it for a few seconds, but the attack still continues and pushes them back.

While they struggle to hold the attack back, Mumei flies over to Gura and raises her sword up into the air, which summons an enormous tornado forming above it, along with lightning circling all around it. 

Mumei:” Heavenly Thunderstorm.

As she says the attack name, it goes even higher, all the way into outer space, until Mumei swings her sword down, directs it toward Gura’s and the two attacks become one. The attack turns into an even bigger and faster stream of pure light blue energy, with lightning circling all around it. 

As soon as The Ancient Ones notice the difference in the attack’s power and size, they start charging a black energy beam in front of their horns. At the same time, dozens of arms jut out of their stomach, with more arms branching off of them. The moment any of the arms touch their combined attack, all of them get vaporized. While clenching their teeth in rage, they send out numerous tentacles at the attack, but they are met with the same result, being unable to even make it budge. They strengthen the energy around their swords, and as the beam in front of their horns grows even bigger, they finally shoot it and swing down with their swords at the same time. All of their swords shatter in an instant and their black energy beam simply gets consumed by the attack in front of them. 

AO:(Impossible! This attack is… No, We will not be defeated by these lower life forms!)

A huge black arm wielding a bigger version of their sword appears in front of them, and it slices their head off, then punches it away from the beam. While their head barely escapes, the rest of their body, along with the sword wielding hand, get completely erased from existence. 

The attack continues to get closer toward the surface of the Earth, but the two notice their escape, swing their weapons upwards which directs the attack into the sky, then they swing them to their side, which separates their attacks. The wind disperses, while all of the water slowly rains down onto the entire planet.

Gawr Gura turns to Mumei, while shaking in excitement.

Gawr Gura:” Man, WE WERE AWESOME!! They got so scared they had to cut their own head off!” she says, then bursts into laughter.

Mumei had her eyes locked onto the place The Ancient Ones’ head went, while not paying attention to what her friend was saying. As she prepares to go after them, Gawr Gura puts her hand on her shoulder.

Gawr Gura:” Hey, calm down, there’s no point in going after them now. They probably went into a portal or some shit like that anyways. Either way, it looks like they haven’t caught up to us yet. And that was barely half of my power! But if it weren’t for your attack combining with mine, they may have been able to stop it… You weren’t going all out either, right?”

Mumei:” Don’t worry, I wasn’t, I can go even higher if I hold my sword with both hands.” (Still, Gura’s power now is insane. I can tell I’m a bit stronger since eating the apple, but she’s still on an entirely different level… I hope I won’t be holding her back…) 

Gawr Gura:” Ah that makes sense! I have two tridents now, so I can’t really hold one with both hands… Hmm, I know I can have one trident that’s both colors, but I wonder if I could just combine these two into a new weapon…” 


Sweat went down the spectators' faces, as they watched the combined attack inch closer toward the ground, until they saw them redirect it upwards and turn it into rain, they let out a sigh of relief.

Sana:” Phew, I thought I’d have to intervene there for a second!”

Kiara:” Looks like The Ancient Ones managed to get away though… “

Amelia:” Yeah, but did you see how AWESOME that attack was?? It didn’t even look like water anymore, it was like... An Ameameha!”

The girls, all slightly confused, looked at her with their eyebrows furrowed.

Kronii:” Uhhh you mean a Kamehameha?”

Amelia:” I said what I said! Hmmm, now that I think about it, an Ameameha should be yellow!”

Bae:” Wait, what’s a Kamehameha?”

Fauna:” Oh not again…”


While they were in the rubble regenerating, The Ancient Ones thought about what had just occurred.

AO:(That shark girl… She’s undoubtedly stronger than the Guardian woman, but even so, if We fought her alone, We could kill her. Together they are dangerous. We must find a way to get rid of that accursed Guardian woman!)


The two warriors continued to float in air, in wait for their enemy to reveal themselves. From behind Mumei, a portal appears, from which a pitch black hand with an enormous sword in its grasp emerges. 

The sword swings down at her, her eyes shift back and she quickly turns around to block the attack with her own sword. She clenches it tightly and a stream of wind acts as an extension of her blade. The wind wraps itself around the huge sword and as Mumei swings down her own, she shatters it into dozens of little pieces.

As the pieces fall, they surround Mumei and rush towards her from all sides. She quickly swings her sword downwards and gusts of wind deflect every single one of those pieces..

Gawr Gura clenches her tridents tightly as she looks into the direction where they last saw The Ancient Ones.

Gawr Gura:” Arghh you fucking PUSSY! Show yourself already, you COWARD!”

The Ancient Ones, along with a hand next to them wielding a massive sword, rush towards Mumei, but Gawr Gura swings one of her tridents to the side and sends a slash of water at them. They swing their sword at it and the water disperses, but half of their sword breaks and falls off afterwards.

Gawr Gura:” The size of your sword means nothing. And I can see what you’re doing. Trying to kill Mumei first, then take me on alone, right? I already told you before, I don’t plan on just standing here while you attack her!” 

Mumei:” The Ancient Ones.” she slowly says as she’s moving her left arm toward the handle of her sword.
Underestimating me would be a huge mistake.

Upon grabbing it with her other hand, the wind around her sword strengthens and makes a loud drilling noise. Mumei flaps her wings and quickly flies toward them. She raises her sword up, but The Ancient Ones materialize a sword in each hand and create an X with them. 

She swings her blade down at them, and as soon as it connects with their own, it sends out a strong slash of wind which breaks their swords and pushes them downward. The attack makes them crash into the ground and continues to make a trail in it with their body, until they get cut in half and the wind disperses. 

AO:(Incredible! By simply holding her sword with both hands, her power has increased tremendously! Even so, this does nothing to her defense! We can still kill her!) 

Their two halves combine and as they’re about to fly up, Mumei points the tip of her sword at them, creating a wind underneath them which propels them upwards. Without getting closer to them, she swings her sword down and numerous constant gales of wind cut them into a dozen different parts.

Gawr Gura blitzes toward them and swings down both of her tridents at the numerous cut up parts. She sends out two huge diagonal streams of water which combine and take the shape of an X. 

With one of their hands that has been cut off, they punch their head upwards out of the attack’s range, and it destroys the rest of their body parts.

Gawr Gura clenches her teeth in anger upon seeing them escape. 

Gawr Gura:” TCH this shit again!”

She quickly throws her blue trident sideways and it spins toward their head, then does the same with her red trident, except it goes past them and homes toward them from behind. 

They instantly spawn a huge black hand on each side and the tridents grind against them. As they’re cutting through the hands, The Ancient Ones smile and go into a portal. In the same instant that their portal disappears, the two tridents pierce through and connect, which creates a massive sphere of blue and red energy. The sphere gradually becomes smaller until it disappears, the tridents begin falling down, then disappear and appear in Gawr Gura’s hands once again.

Gawr Gura:” That slimy fucker! Always finds a way to run away!”

Mumei:” Gura, if we want to win, we have to find a way to stop them and then hit them with the absolute strongest attack we can think of. We’ve done it before, but I doubt the same technique will work on them twice.”

Gawr Gura:” Yeah, I didn’t think that would work again either… Maybe I can try using an ice attack again? Not sure how much of an effect that would have now, after they escaped Fauna’s ice attack…” 

Mumei:” That’s right, you can control ice too! And I can partially control lightning as well. We could use a combination of all four of our abilities!” 

Gawr Gura turns to her with a smile upon hearing that.

Gawr Gura:” Oooh yeah, I remember there being lightning in your attack! Alright, sounds like a plan to me! The only problem is… HOW THE HELL DO WE NAME THAT MOVE?!?!”

Mumei:” WE’LL FIGURE THAT OUT LATER!!” 

Gawr Gura:” Fiiine… Oh, I just came up with a way to catch them off guard!”


After a minute, while the two are talking, hundreds of pentagrams manifest all over the sky. They emit a glow, right before  unleashing an onslaught of red laser beams all toward Mumei. She quickly flies away from them in a zig-zag fashion, but they all turn and follow her everywhere she goes, with each second there being thousands of more beams following her. 

Gawr Gura tightens her grip around her tridents, when seeing her friend desperately trying to avoid the ever-growing rain of attacks going after her. 

Gawr Gura:” TCH attacking her while you’re in hiding again!”

Mumei flies higher into the air, but the laser beams suddenly speed up and surround her completely. She looks around everywhere, not knowing where to go to escape.

All of the beams go past Mumei and The Ancient Ones appear in front of her, while holding one massive sword. The sword absorbs the red beams, then glows in their color. 

The Ancient Ones swing the sword down and slice Mumei completely in half. Right after, the pentagrams in the sky stop shooting and then slowly disappear.

Gawr Gura yells out her name with teary eyes.

As the two halves of her body slowly fall, The Ancient Ones notice something.

AO:(Odd. There is no blood coming from her body.) 

Gawr Gura notices the confused look on their face and her expression changes to a smile instantaneously and she laughs instead.

Gawr Gura:” SIKE!”

Mumei’s body dissolves into water, which takes the shape of spears, they then freeze and pierce The Ancient Ones from all sides, with the ice slowly spreading across their body. 


A few minutes earlier

Gawr Gura:” Alright, I’ll keep it short, cause I don’t know if they’re watching us or not. First, you get out of here, fly waaay above us. Then, since they’re targeting you, I’m gonna make a water clone of you and once they think they got you, I’ll use that water for an ice attack and we’ll continue on with trapping them from there! “

Mumei:” Oooh, got it! I better get out of here quick then!”

Mumei instantly squats and as her wings flap, she flies up high into the air. Gawr Gura creates a clone of her using water that’s in the atmosphere and the two proceed to wait for The Ancient Ones to attack.


The girls all watched nervously and just stared at The Ancient Ones blankly upon cutting Mumei in half.

Amelia:” Wow, they’re not even moving away after cutting her. Looks like they’re falling for the water clone trick again.”

Kronii:” They’re not very bright, it seems…”


Mumei can be seen floating in place with her wings flapping, high above The Ancient Ones, while holding her sword with both hands and the tip pointed directly downwards. A gigantic tornado bursts from the tip of her sword and surrounds them completely, with lightning mixed into the strong winds.  

Gawr Gura leaps upwards and stands next to her. She points both of her tridents down and she makes the tips connect, which creates a cylindrical stream of water that’s at least twice the size it was before. She freezes parts of it, which makes it appear as a cylindrical avalanche. She shoots the stream and it connects with Mumei’s attack, but this time, it stays in the form of a tornado. A gigantic tornado, filled with water, snow, ice and lightning all together.

Gawr Gura:” DON’T DIE YET, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!”

The two fly away and descend to face them from further away, but their attack stays. 

Gawr Gura clenches her tridents and an enormous amount of blue and red energy surrounds her. She makes the ends of her tridents face one another, as she brings the two ends closer, they flash in a blue and red color, and combine into one weapon, a double sided trident.

She turns it vertically in front of her, holds the blue side of the handle with her left hand, and the red side with her right hand. 

Gawr Gura:” O, Poseidon, God of the Seas whose blood flows within my veins. Grant me the power to control all of water. Not just of this world, but all the water of this universe.”

She slowly lets go of the trident, then directs it with her hands to float above her head. The trident begins to spin so fast that it can be seen simply as the colors of blue and red, which then turn into purple. 

Gawr Gura:” All the waters of this universe… Become an extension of my weapon.”

Around the purple spinning disc of energy, a colossal layer of thick water forms around it. The water is not its usual color however, it was a combination of water of every single color that exists. The waters that were all a different color combine into one and together with the spinning trident, become completely purple. 

Mumei grips the handle of her sword tightly and holds her sword vertically in front of her, and white energy surrounds her completely, accompanied with lighting bursting next to her.

Mumei:” All the winds of this universe become an extension of my blade. Give me, The Guardian of Civilization, the power to rid the world of this evil!” 

A stream of wind completely surrounds her weapon and turns it into a massive wind blade, with lightning circling it.

The water around Gawr Gura’s trident spins so quickly that it converts into an enormous purple disc-shaped stream of energy.


The girls on the surface couldn’t believe what they were seeing, while some gulped nervously.

Amelia:” Woah… This attack is even bigger than Bloop!” 

Kiara:” This attack… It looks like it’s big enough to completely wipe out The Ancient Ones!” 


As their power grows bigger, stronger and faster, the attack that was surrounding The Ancient Ones weakens. They slice the attack from within with a huge sword which they held in their own hand. They see Gawr Gura’s massive attack and Mumei flying behind it, with her own huge sword.

AO:(So this is what they have been doing. Such incredible power! It would truly be a waste, if We were to dodge this attack! It appears We have only one option now.)

Gawr Gura & Mumei:” HERE, TAKE THIS! THE HOLY MERIDIAN!!!” 

Mumei swings her sword at Gura’s attack, then shoots wind and lighting into it, which makes it spin even faster, and propels it towards The Ancient Ones. After hitting it, the purple disc flips and spins towards them vertically.

The Ancient Ones cover their massive sword with dark purple energy and slowly raise it up, pointing it toward the incoming attack. 

AO:” Anti-Multi-Galaxy Obliteration Limiter.

As they release their limiter, a dark purple energy overwhelms them, and the energy around their sword grows even bigger.

The two girls’ combined attack clashes with the huge sword and proceeds to grind against it. Gawr Gura points her palms toward the attack and Mumei tightens her grip around her blade, which makes the attack bigger and faster, but the sword remains steady and undamaged. They both clench their teeth as sweat drips down their faces, as they try their best to make their attack stronger.

After a minute of their power struggle, The Ancient Ones swing their sword down and the moment they do that, their sword snaps in two. The attack destroys their head, but at the same time, it shrinks and completely loses its power within seconds, splitting the two tridents apart and Mumei’s sword losing its wind power surrounding it.

As The Ancient Ones’ head regenerates, Gawr Gura and Mumei slowly put their hands down while panting heavily. 

AO:” We must commend you for breaking Our sword and destroying Our head, even after We released that limiter. However, it is clear you have reached your limit. Now then…” they say as they dematerialize their broken sword and look at Mumei.
“ Nanashi Mumei. We recall you saying something about ripping Our heart out!” 

The Ancient Ones move their feet and Gawr Gura quickly turns towards her, but stops when she sees that they’re already right in front of Mumei. They shove their arm through her chest, rip her heart out and they crush it in their hand, as she spits loads of blood out. The Ancient Ones lick the blood upon it hitting their face.

Some of her blood splattered onto Gawr Gura, and her eyes widened at the sight.


The girls below couldn’t believe what they had seen and some had to cover their mouths at the scene.

Kiara:" Mumei!!" (Not only is she bleeding tremendously, but that was a huge amount of damage! She's won't handle something like that!)

Fauna:" NO!!!" she yells out with tears in her eyes. 


The Ancient Ones take out their arm and as soon as they do, Mumei begins to fall. They punch her away with one of their big black fists and she crashes into a building. Loads of feathers can be seen scattering about upon the impact.

AO:" That was the real one, it seems. " they say with a smug look on their face.

Gawr Gura:” Mu... MUMEI!!” 

She turns towards her, but then her left eye turns red and she instantly turns back towards The Ancient Ones, materializes her red trident in her hands and swings it at them, who block it with the side of their arm.

Gura:(Gawr?! What are you doing?!)

Gawr:(What am I doing?! Saving your life! If you don’t wanna end up like her, then don’t take your eyes off the enemy!)

Gura:(Bu-)

Gawr:(GURA! They ripped her heart out and crushed it! There’s nothing we could possibly do about that… If anyone can even save her now, it’s not gonna be us...)

Gura goes silent.

Gawr:(I know that was hard to see, but we have no choice but to keep fighting! At least until one of those down there decides to do something. I’ll just take over for now and you try to calm down...)

Enemy of Civilization… Confirmed. Entering total annihilation process.

To Be Continued…


New chapter finally out! Sorry it took so long! My 2 week break started on Tuesday, but I had other things to do and writing a 2v1 fight was just hard for me, I always have a hard time coming up with what to write for those. But ironically, even though I couldn't even think of what to write for 2 pages for a while, I somehow ended up writing 9 and a half... Anyways, I hope you liked it and I promise the next few chapters won't take so long! New chapter out by the end of the month! 


Oh and gonna go on a little tangent here, sorry about that, but I have something thing I want to talk about! Within the past month or so, the "Dropped" number went down by 2 and the "Reading" number increased right afterward each time. This means that 2 people who have previously dropped my story, decided to give in another try. And if either of you are reading this right now, I just want to say, thank you. You have no idea how happy that made me when I saw it, that some of you decided to give my story another chance. If it's not a problem, I would like to know what made you change your minds, or why you dropped my story in the first place. No hard feelings, especially since you started reading it too, I simply want to know if there's anywhere I can improve! You can dm me about it here, or Discord would be even better, username is Vitou777.

Oh and, if there's anyone who's reading my story without an account, which has happened before, PLEASE MAKE AN ACCOUNT! I want the reader count to be accurate! And I'd also appreciate some comments and feedback, but people aren't really talkative on this site it seems, so I'm not gonna expect it.

That is all, thank you for reading! 

5