CHAPTER 5: Aftereffect
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elvin leaned towards the door and tried to hear the sounds outside. At first, it was utterly silent but later she could hear someone walking toward her room wearing heels. Gilbert's calm voice could be heard after the sound of heels stopped. His voice wasn't clear as they had a door separating each other so she couldn't make out what he was talking about. 

She lean more towards the door hoping to hear something, but much to her disappointment the conversation didn't continue at all and she heard both of them outside walk away.

"sign... I guess that's all" Elvin slowly walked to her bed and lay down. She stared at the ceiling and was thinking about what happened before. 

'Gilbert and mom were the only ones whom I met today and Dad's probably busy, so the person with heels on might be mom...but what was Gil talking about? also I don't remember mom wearing heels at home '

Elvin was mentally exhausted from a nightmare that felt real and her brother acting suspiciously. She slowly started suspecting her own family without realizing it. Elvin also started feeling as if something is missing about her family. Everything was completely normal to her a day before but because of a nightmare, she felt everyone around her was lying and couldn't trust anyone anymore.

"what the hell am I doing now...?" 

Elvin got up from her bed and searched for her phone. Finally finding her phone underneath her bed, she checked her notifications to just find her friends miss calls and messages, along with it there were notifications from other apps as well. She replied to every message one by one.

One of her best friends, May, called her as soon as she replied to her.

"hey, Ellie! where have you been? we waited for you so long!" May's voice could be heard just as Elvin connected the call.

"Sorry May, I oversleep"

"Seriously the person who was so excited yesterday overslept?"

"well yea and also had a nightmare that felt so real"

"Are you okay tho?"

"um, well kinda exhausted for no reason"

"then I won't disturb you too much. Yesterday we divided the work with each other, so you have no choice but to take up the last topic for the presentation! "

"I am fine with but who's doing the ppt?"

"It's Larry, he is more creative than most of us"

"I see"

" Anyways on Monday, we will be doing our presentation! so prepare yourself very well."

"of course, I will"

"Bye then, you take a good rest. You sound tired"

"Yeah Bye"

Elvin hung up and checked the date.

[Saturday, February 25, 2023]

Elvin took a short nap and woke up around 1 pm. She washed her face and went downstairs. On the way, she could hear her parents and her brother talking. As she walked by the stairs a part of her dream suddenly came to her mind, in which She walked down the stairs to the living room. It was silent as if she was the only person in this whole house...

Elvin suddenly started feeling hard to breathe and...

"El?!" 

she could hear her father's voice and subconsciously responded 

"eh..? dad..?" 

and everything became black.

---

The next day, at 4 am

Elvin slowly opened her eyes, her blond hair was shattered around her. She felt confused as the ceiling was different from her room. She looked around and found that it was her parent's bedroom. 

The door opened and Irin walked in.  

She saw Elvin who is wide awake and went back, later came with Albert and an old man who introduced himself as a doctor. 

"Are you okay dear? does it hurt anywhere?" Albert threw many questions at her while Irin stayed behind him watching her. Elvin felt weird about her father's concern. She thought it was all fake but still, she smiled and reassured him that she was okay. The doctor checked if she was alright and gave her a few pieces of advice before he left. 

Albert and Irin went to sleep in the guest room after confirming Elvin is completely okay. Before leaving they left hot soup and a sandwich to fill her empty stomach.

After having some food and feeling more energetic, she took her phone and started searching on google. She didn't believe that she fainted because of stress but rather it is probably due to that nightmare which has been haunting her for a while now.

' I wonder if I am traumatized by the nightmare, I have heard of things like that before.'

Elvin read everything related to nightmare trauma on google and later started searching if it can cause mental illness or if it can affect our daily lives and related things

Elvin read everything related to nightmare trauma on google and later started searching if it can cause mental illness or if it can affect our daily lives and related things.

Elvin read everything related to nightmare trauma on google and later started searching if it can cause mental illness or if it can affect our daily lives and related things

Later, she started searching for solutions other than consulting a psychologist and found some methods

Later, she started searching for solutions other than consulting a psychologist and found some methods. Elvin soon thought of making a schedule to try these methods. After searching for more information, she went back to sleep.

--

Gilbert on the other side couldn't sleep at all. Hence, he started painting. Since he was 5-year-old he had unique painting skills, all his painting was done with blood-red paint which makes it hard to tell whether it was red paint or actual blood.

"Sister would definitely like this"

It's been a long time everyone! I was busy this week with my school works. Hence the update was delayed. Hope you all are doing well and once again thanks for reading my work!  ^^

To be continued...

0