C14 – Monster and Mana Snakes
1.7k 4 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Davron found more ways to use his mana. He was inspired by the mana string he used to form runes.

In fact, with AIS, Davron had become better at using the mana strings. What first took him a lot of effort was now child’s play.

Furthermore, this made him come to an idea, which motivated him a lot. Davron asked himself if he could use the mana strings to scan other things with AIS. Currently, he could only scan his own body and Truth Seeking didn’t give him the possibility to see inside of others.

To test his theory, Davron went out looking for prey. He wanted to test his theory on an animal corpse. He had already tried it out on non-living things, but it was not helpful, because they were of the same material outside and inside. He needed something biological.

It was a hot day. The red treetops were providing some shade. Sweat was flowing down Davron’s neck. The summer was extremely hot and the winter extremely cold in this world.

Davron had his bow and a knife with him. The bow was worlds better than his first one. Davron had made big steps in bow crafting. Its body was smooth with no imperfections. The handles were custom-made by his mother. She used the leather from Davron’s game to make them.

Not to forget the arrows. They were as important as the bow itself. Like the bow, the new arrows were worlds apart from his first arrows. Davron had even bought some arrows from the smith, to learn from them. Currently, he could only craft simple full wooden arrows. The smith was also selling arrows with iron tips, but it was too expensive for Davron to buy those iron tips to craft superior arrows.

Davron was walking through the bushes. He heard sounds coming from his right side. At first, he thought, they were from a deer like animal, but he was wrong!

“Krakahrahaka”[??]

Suddenly, a green humanoid jumped out from the dark bushes. It was goblin!

“Whaat, how did it get here?!”[Davron]

Goblins were usually deeper in the forests. They were weak humanoid monsters, which mostly moved in groups. Usually, merchants would be assaulted by them on their travels. The goblins kill the men and steal the women. The men were eaten, and the women were used for breeding, because the goblins born by women were a lot stronger than normal goblins.

The goblin in of him front looked at Davron mischievously, his tongue was wetting his dirty lips.

“Hmm, aren’t they normally in groups?”[Davron]

Davron was already composed after the unexpected scare. He was confident in his skills.

The globin was in a bad shape. Its clothes were torn apart. Blood was flowing down his arms. In its right hand, it held a wooden club.

Both parties were in a stand still, staring at each other and waiting for their opponent to move.

Davron drew quickly his bow. The goblin noticed him moving and ran to its opponent.

The arrow was shot..

Whoosh

It missed.

Davron throw his bow to the side. Then he took his knife out of his belt.

The goblin tried to hit Davron with his wooden club, but Davron stopped it with his left arm. He pushed the goblin arm to the side.

With his knife in his right hand, Davron stabbed the goblin in its lower belly.

“AHHHHAA”[Goblin]

The monster cried out in horror.

Davron rotated his right hand, which was stuck in the goblin’s stomach, to the left and right.

Then he used his strength and slowly pushed the knife from the stomach upwards to the goblin’s chest. It took Davron a lot of effort cutting the flesh and muscles. The goblin was struggling to get away from Davron. However, Davron held it in place with his left hand.

Horrific cries sounded through the Red Woods. Birds were flying away out of panic.

“HAAAAhhhhh”[Goblin]

“Die for me”[Davron]

Davron pulled his knife out of the goblin, just to stab him again.

The goblin went limb after the third stab.

[After host killed the target, a part of target’s soul was collected]
[Host has enough soul pieces. 1 soul point was created]

It was Davron’s first time killing a monster. On the contrary to the first time, now he felt good. Maybe it had something to do with the pent-up anger and anxiety, or maybe he just liked to kill.

Davron took a piece of cloth from his sack and used it to wipe away the monster blood on his arm. He will clean the cloth, when he passed the creek.

He picked the bow, which he threw away, after he missed the first shot. Despite missing the shot, he felt great, for he used his knife skills to kill the goblin.

Davron went to the goblin corps. He went down to his knees. After searching the goblin for any valuables, he had found absolute nothing. Even the clothes weren’t worth anything, who would want to wear goblin clothes?

“Now, we come to the main course”[Davron]

Davron moved his hand above the goblin chest. Out of his hand came multiple mana strings looking like little snakes wiggling in the air.

He slowly touched the goblin. The little mana snakes went inside the corpse.

AIS scan the body and show me the inside”[Davron]

[Command accepted]

AIS scanned the goblin corpse through Davron’s mana strings. Inside of his mind appeared the information and view of the goblin’s insides.

“Yes!!”[Davron]

He was overjoyed. This meant so much to him, now he could see inside Luna and get one step nearer to cure her illness.

Davron stood up with a jump. He was so excited, he didn’t want to waste his time. In fact, he currently couldn’t think about anything besides coming home to Luna.

Davron went at first to the creek to wash the blood traces off of him and then went straight back home.

72