C24 โ€“ Clowns In The Woods p2
2.3k 19 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The clown got off the front carriage and went to the middle of the caravan, to a huge luxurious carriage. The carriage was made of ocean blue metal and had thickly curtained windows on either side. When the heavy door of the carriage opened, the clown went in and came out again after a short time.

Now back on his front carriage smiled and said "You can hop on the trailer behind me"

Getting this good news made a huge weight come off the family's heart.

"Yes sir" said Davron, as he bowed again.

Davron and his girls went to the wagon and with swift movement he grabbed the girls one by one by their hips and put them on top of the wagon. For them it was pretty normal, but for the strangers it was a little bit too intimate.

"Let's go" said the clown leader and the caravan slowly started to move.


Davron was watching the tress go by, when he noticed a small, soft hand touch his. Looking to his left side, there was Luna sitting and looking away with a red tint on her young cheeks.

After the second treatment, she couldn't help but wanting to be closer to her brother. Luna always had romantic feelings towards him, but they had been barricaded deep in her mind until her treatment. She couldn't nor wanted to ignore them anymore, so despite being a shy girl, she tried to overcome her anxiety and be closer to Davron.


"Sir, are you part of a circus" Davron asked the leader.

"Oh you know what circuses are?"

"Of course! A few years ago, a clown visited our little village and told me about circuses and clowns"

"Oh haha we are a little bit more special" The leader laughed and left Davron wondering what he meant.

Suddenly, the clown stopped laughing and stared into the darkness. A cold gleam could be seen flashing through his eyes.

"Stop, we got visitors" He said and jumped off the front carriage.

The hearts of the girls and Davron stopped for a moment, fearing it was the village.

Rustle Rustle

A rustling came around them.

Suddenly, 5 wolves jumped out of the bushed. They were each 1 meter high and had blood-red eyes. Drool was dripping from their snouts. They haven't eaten a human in a long time.

While Flora and Luna were shaking, Ellena and Davron were preparing themselves. Although she hasn't been a mage for a long time, she had still been an adventurer in the past. Ellena kept her cool, while Davron was readying his bow.

However, none of them could have guessed that the clown would make the wolves' heads explode by snapping his fingers.

Davron couldn't believe it. In front of him was the strongest person the has ever met. "5 wolves with a snap of his finger.." he mumbled into the cold night.

The culprit turned around with a playful face and jumped back onto the carriage. As a clown, he of course liked to be in the spotlight.. even if his audience consisted of a young village boy and two women.

As the carriage started to move again, Davron couldn't keep himself from asking the clown leader "Sir, are you a wizard?"

"A wizard?" The clown laughed out loud.

"No no this little trick of mine was no magic, it was aura!"

"Aura?"

"Mhm aura is something only warriors can use ~yawn" He couldn't bother telling this village boy more about warriors, it was too much of a hassle.


Time passed slowly. The incident with the wolves was not the last. The caravan had to stop several times because of hungry predators, but all of them were successful.

As the sun was about to come out, sounds of hooves started to come from a crossroad.

Hearing the noises, Davron got a bad premonition right away.

"Lie down!" He commanded Ellena and the others. Right after they laid down, he pulled old sacks of them and himself.

A short time later, 30 men rode up. At the front was the village head with his bodyguards and behind them were a bunch of hunters.

The village head stopped in front of the clown and spoke to him in a condescending way, since he clowns were like bards to him.

"You there! Tell me quickly if you saw a village boy and 3 women!" The village spoke to the clown.

"Huh? Why are you searching for some village boy with such a big party?" the clown smirked at the pathetic village head.

"They killed a family and fled the scene!"

"You said they killed a family?" The clown glanced at the space where Davron was hiding.

"Stop wasting my time! Did or did you not see them?!" The village head was getting angry.

41