Chapter 16 – Darling
384 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, SR here. I wanted to say that since it has been a long while since I last saw the Darling in The Franxx anime, I might name some of the stuff wrong, but I will still try to seek ways to as accurate as possible to the canon. I don't want to make it too much AU influenced as possible.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

Just as Ryo had expected, soon soldiers and doctors flooded in the room, capturing him and Zero Two, while looking at the scene of incident.

Soon enough, both Ryo and Zero Two transferred to another room with better security. The room was just like how both Ryo and Zero Two used to live in but renovated with better room paintings and toys to play with.

On the other hand, Zero Two was hugging Ryo and the book called 'The Love Birds' to her chest. Although she was confused by Ryo's actions, she still believed in him. Afterall, she never had anyone else who she can rely on, with the only exception of her 'mother' Stella who betrayed her expectations by leaving them.

Her eyes looked around, observing the guards taking them to another room by carrying them, while having their Electrocuting Baton ready for some unexpected circumstances, making her hug Ryo tighter, almost merging herself in him if she could have.

---

(7 years later)

*Trinng* *trinng*

Wincing in annoyance, Ryo slowly opened his eyes slowly as his face was married with a frown as he stared at the dark brown ceiling of the room. Feeling a weight on his right chest and hand, he looked to his right, only to find a beautiful sight which could have led to anyone feel like dreaming.

On his right side, a beautiful reddish pink haired girl with a bit of pale white skin, hurdled in his embrace, resting her head on his right chest. A frown was married of her face because of getting her sweet dream disturbed.

As if feeling annoyed by the sudden disturbance due to the sound of the alarm and breaking her dream bubble, she whined cutely and hugged Ryo tightly, trying to find the familiar scent and warmth. All the while, her legs pushed the blanket covering their body away, and placing them over his legs.

Looking at the scene, Ryo felt conflicted even after all the time they had spent together. It had been several years but the trauma from his past life had left a huge scar on his mind. It is not that easy for him to push aside his nightmarish experience.

After the incident 6 years ago, he had deflected the main plot by a huge part, making him stay low key for a while, while training his body secretly.

With the incident, the security around them was tightened but slowly and steadily, as both him and Zero Two had acted kinder and 'loyally' like a brain washed slave, they were soon given more freedom as the time passed by. But secretly, he had trained Zero two to act like a dog while actually being able to resist the brainwashing that they had put them through.

Two years after the incident, they were provided a better, or should he say, a normal living conditions and were implanted with an C-Rank Identity Pass in their right hand, just above their wrist, the same pass which can be used to access areas which were restricted to them. Sadly they were only able to move through a selective rooms.

They were given something like a small house to live in with a bed room with twin beds, a bathroom, a kitchen with a long table, and a main hall with two sofas, a table and an Holographic set which can be used to entertain themselves. The kitchen, a bathroom and the main hall were on the ground floor while the bedroom and one of the bathroom were on the next floor.

Furthermore, just next year, the experiments they had hone through were reduced by a huge margin. But then they were soon provided with various liquid serums which they had to consume through their mouths. These serums were explained to convert both his and Zero Two to look more human-like.

Although Ryo felt that it is just corrupting his genes, he decided to consume it. Afterall, he have to act like a slave to be on the safer side of the Higher Ups. Thankfully, after talking to the system and getting an answer for a 100 points, he found that although it will indeed affect his genes, but it will also destroy the chances of his clone being made while not much having an effect on his genetic.

This went on for a few months till he started to notice major change in his biology. His pure white skin got a skin color hue as his horns, which were previously long and growing uncontrollably started to slow down.

This went on for 4 more years as he was almost like a human but with horns.

-

Looking at Zero Two for an instant, Ryo signed. He had told her repeatedly that the small bed will feel uncomfortable and congested if they both sleep in the same bed, but he can only blame the book called 'The Love Birds' for this, as after seeing the images of two birds sleeping together in the cages, Zero Two started to follow the actions in the book.

With a deep breath, Ryo slowly moved the hands and legs over his body and rested his body by the bed headboard, pressed the alarm by his bed as he yawned, trying to clear his mind. But Zero Two hugged his lower body back, resting her head on his thigh and taking deep sniffs.

With the improvement in their bodies, their natural senses had also been improved, resulting in him being able to see long distances clearly, detect smells accurately, hear small movements clearly, and have higher body stats. This was not the end, he had sort of gained something like a danger sense, which he could consider as his sixth sense.

With the sixth sense, he could 'feel' where his opponent stands in predatory chain. He could see through whether the opponent that he was fighting is a prey or predator, whether they will be able to harm him or even kill him and stuff like that. Sadly it is not like the spider sense, he could only see whether the enemies that he had already sensed will be able to harm him or kill him or not.

But with this sense, he was able to assert the situation easily and eliminate enemies that pose highest threat first.

The second advantage that he had with this ability is that he is able to sense any attack made to him if he had already sensed the person making the attack.

But after all these abilities that he gained, his evolution had almost stopped. He can feel that the only thing that his bloodline had been providing him with advantage is the ability to digest food properly, heal super fast, maintain a perfect body filled with muscles and heighten stats and senses.

And the third advantage that his body had is that he was able to decode some sort of 'Mental Messages' that had started to appear in his mind. As soon as the first telepathic message popped in his mind, he understood that this message was from the one and only Humanoid Klaxosaur Princess, 001.

Sadly, his ability to evolve has stopped at this point. Other than the telepathic messages, he could no longer feel his body stats increase at this point, but even after being a 12 year old child, his body looks like that of a 15 year old teenager, quite a huge difference if one sees.

The same goes for Zero Two. Even after being a 12 year old, her body looked like that of a 15 or 16 year old girl.

-

Coming out of his thoughts, Ryo shook the girl embracing his lower legs and had already fell back into her sleep, he started to shake her shoulder, trying to wake her up as today was an important day for them.

That day they will be provided with more freedom as a gift for acting good. Their Identity Pass rank was going to be improved and they will be able to freely move through most of the faculties as long as they don't break stuff.

Whining in annoyance, Zero Two replied, "Darling. Just 5 more minutes."

The word 'Darling' made Ryo sign in annoyance. Just a few years ago, Zero Two started to call him 'Darling', just because of the stupid book that she makes him read every time when they were about to everyday. But this only bought bad memories of his love of past life, making him remember his trauma.

But probably because of the frequency of how much Zero two continued to call him 'Darling', he had been feeling as if his trauma had been reduce by a huge margin, although not completely cured.

Furthermore, by this time, he had already accepted the fact that he care deeply Zero Two but he deeply didn't wanted to develop in the path that it had been going. He wanted to be something like a brother or something but their situation and Bloodline didn't allowed it. And so he had given up on his feeling and had let Zero Two do what she wants.

Knowing quite well that if he doesn't force her to wake up, she will continue to sleep, Ryo decided to stand up, removing Zero Two from his body and started to stretch their body.

"Well, you can have your sweet dreams while I will go take a bath."

Knowing quite well that Zero Two will come follow him, Ryo said it out loud. From the very start, they had been together. So wherever Ryo went or whatever he did, Zero Two will try to follow him or mimic him.

But as soon as he replied that, Zero Two opened her eyes a little in resentment and pulled Ryo's body by his stomach, making him fall on the bed and started to lay on his chest by force like a dead body to show her resentment.

But knowing that if he spoil her a bit for today, they will be late for the important day. Zero Two didn't cared much about these stuff and is usually causes them to be late, but the same cannot be said for Ryo, who had made an image of an diligent child who act as dog to the APEs. Ryo had tried to do various ways to make her wake up fast, but she just doesn't care much until or unless he forces her to.

So he quickly rolled his body, capturing her hands and pushed them on top, such that he was on top of her while she was just below. Then he quickly moved his mouth to her ears and whispered, "If you stand up quickly, I will let you enter the bathroom."

Although he had been trying to bath alone, Zero Two always tries to find a way into the bathroom and try to have bath with him. Usually he would just let it be, but due to having a bloodline which is related to an 'extinct' species, his body gets 'excited' very easily even with just a small stimulus.

Because of his biology, his Billy is long and is accompanied by a two large fat friends who are much bigger and fatter than natural limits, probably to increase the chances of reproduce more off springs as much as possible to save their 'endangered' humanoid Klaxosaur Bloodline.

Thus he had never allowed Zero Two to enter the bathroom alongside him as the first time he did long ago, she started to ask stuff regarding his long stick while sitting in front of his little Billy making him Stand Proud in its full glory.

From then on, he had never allowed Zero two to enter alongside him. As he didn't want to walk out in tight suits with his stick standing out, making the female nurses and doctors stare at it, much to his embarrassment.

Although they were taught a lot of scientific stuff, they had been introduced to the biological stuff, seeing it with their own eyes is completely different. From then on, Ryo made a proposal. If Zero Two do anything good or follow his instructions, he would allow her to accompany him to the bath once a week. 

As soon as Ryo whispered in Zero Two's ears, a small blush married her face as she felt the soft breath itch her ears and make her feel tingles accompanied by her heart beating faster.

Just like Ryo, Zero Two shared the same bloodline as him, so the same effect which Ryo experience every time, she also feels the same.

As she had reached the age to do the deed 'Biologically' because of the Klaxosaur Bloodline, she had been feeling her Heart beats fasten up whenever Ryo do the actions which makes her feel itchy and chill run down her spine.

From what she had seen in the pretty book of their, Zero Two understood that this feeling was the so called 'Love' that the two love birds experiences. Making her try the same stuff that the two birds do when they do when they turns into human beings. This included sleeping together, bathing together and calling Ryo her 'Darling', much to his dismay.

But as soon as Ryo had started to deny her series of new actions, she saw how although Ryo shows annoyance and resist it, he at least doesn't threaten her or do some stuff which makes her sad. This had made her gain confidence and she started to act as my 'Lovey Dovely' as possible to show her love to Ryo as much as possible.

=====

[2430]

We are now in an unknown territory! What will Ryo do? Will he be able to calmly face the calamities coming his way that had been planned for him? Continue to watch drago-*Ahem* Code: Infinity Reboot.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

15