Chapter 19 – Training
340 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, SR here. I wanted to say that since it has been a long while since I last saw the Darling in The Franxx anime, I might name some of the stuff wrong, but I will still try to seek ways to as accurate as possible to the canon. I don't want to make it too much AU influenced as possible.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027. 

=====

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

Suddenly multiple footsteps were heard, gaining all their attention.

As soon as all of them looked at the direction of the stepping sound, they saw 8 people enter the room. Each of them looked the same age as Ryo and Zero Two, but as soon as Ryo looked at the person in the lead of the group, an quick answer appeared inside his mind when he saw the blonde hair and emerald green eyes.

'The members of the 9's from the anime. The special force which directly worked under the instructions from the highest members of APEs, the Seven Sages. They were the clones made from the DNA of Zero Two, and probably mine too. Does that mean that I am their father? Pfff-'

*Ding*

[Congratulations! For bringing a significant change in the course of history, you gained 5,000 UP!]

[UP: 22,500-->27,500]

As the group entered the room, Ryo's eyes narrowed down for an instance as he gave the group a quick observation. The member of the newly arrived group adored a special Parasite uniform emblazoned with white and gold, instead of the typical gray uniforms that other Parasite squads use. This made them the point of focus as they looked like some sort of children with special privileges.

If one goes by the involvement of Ryo, the team will be called 10's, turning the names of the group members to be affected as well.

The blonde boy in the lead was a bit taller than his anime counterpart, probably because of the use of Ryo's genes and DNA being in effect. The young man's skin was as pale as it could be. He has honey blond hair which were at the length that the long bangs low above his green eyes. He gave off the aura of innocence. This boy was none other than the leader of the future 9's group in the anime, 9-Alpha, who should become 10-Alpha because of the involvement of Ryo.

The boy next to the Blonde boy, with light blue hair was none other than Beta. Beta has light blue hair swept over his right eye while he has grey eyes. This gave him a very charming look.

The next male on the group was Gamma. The boy has dark pink hair, which looked like Maroon in color and he had dark olive green eyes. He is the second tallest member of this APE Special Forces squad.

The last male on the group was Epsilon. He had has purple hair and grey eyes. He was also the most tallest person of the group. He gave off the looks of a clumsy person.

The next of the group was Delta. She has short, light green hair and eyes of the same color. She was the shortest of the group.

The next three members of the group were quite surprisingly looked the same. If Ryo remembered correctly, their names were Zeta, Eta and Theta. They are actually the triplets that have white hair, grey eyes, and silver masks. If one don't notice their body movement properly, one could easily get confused about the who is who.

As soon as the group entered the center of the stage, the blonde boy, Alpha walked forward from the other members of the group as he bowed a little, placing his right hand over his left chest and said, "Pleased to meet you. I am Code Alpha. I believe that Dr. Franxx and Papa might have filled you with our information.", with that, Alpha looked up with closed eyes and continued, "Hope we get along well, Instructor Arato and instructor Kiara."

Then he looked at the group of his future team member and replied, "Guy, why don't you introduce yourselves to the instructors? Afterall, we will be working alongside each other for several years."

"It is pleasure meeting you, instructors, I am Code Beta. Hope we get along."

"It is pleasure meeting you, instructors, I am Code Gamma. Hope we get along."

"It is pleasure meeting you, instructors, I am CodeEpison. Hope we get along."

"It is pleasure meeting you, instructors, I am Code Delta. Hope we get along."

"It is pleasure meeting you, instructors, our names are Zeta, Eta and Theta. Hope we get along."

With the introduction done with the instructors, Alpha then looked at both Zero Two and Ryo. As he looked at them, his calm smile widen a little as he walked up to Zero Two and extended his hand and tried to take Zero Two's hands.

But as soon as he lowered his body a little to try take Zero Two's right hand, a fist directly came into his cheeks, and before he could react, he found himself fallen on the ground with his right hands covering his right cheeks as he looked at Zero Two in anger.

"Heh"

Looking at Alpha looking at Zero Two in shock and anger, Ryo scoffed. Zero Two just experienced a surprise attack from Kiara just a few minutes ago. Taking her hands to give it a kiss is like asking for getting one's ass kicked, specially when Zero Two was angry.

*Ding*

Ignoring the system notification, Ryo on the other hand, looked at the remaining members of the group, who seeing their leader getting punched on his face, calmly surrounded both him and Zero Two, while Zeta, one of the triplet, helped Alpha up his feet.

"Stop it!"

Feeing chaos being ensued in the room, Arato scoffed and loudly ordered all the members of the group to stop. But the group hesitated a bit and looked at Alpha for instructions.

Feeling the looks of people, Alpha's anger resided a little as he took a quick breath to calm his anger, and then returned to his calm state and smiled a little and replied, "I apologies for my sudden action. I am sorry for surprising you by taking your hands. I though you knew about a bit of courtesy, Code 002-"

"Well whatever. Lets cut the talk short. We have more important task to do than to talk about some 'courtesy'. Afterall, we are here to learn, not to perform courtesy."

Cutting off Alpha mid-sentence, Ryo walked up to the frowning Zero Two and while placing his hands on her shoulders, he replied bluntly about the reason for them being. If he let Alpha continue, he might get an advantage in insulting. So he used an easy way out while countering the insult that was about to fall on Zero two, and that was to cut off Alpha mid-sentence.

*Ding*

With that, Ryo took Zero Two's hand and tried to walk out of the circle, only for Delta to try block his way. Sadly for her, she choose the wrong person to mess with.

As soon as she tried to stop Ryo, she suddenly felt her life feel flash before her eyes. Sweat poured down her body as goosebumps rose all over her body.

'W-What-!!'

Staring coldly, Ryo tried to 'made-up' thoughts of killing Delta on the spot. It was one of the technique that he learned when doing various different experiments with Zero Two. This technique requires him to have an eye contact with his enemy and the enemy having the same bloodline as his, Klaxosaur bloodline.

With how the Klaxosaur is able to use her telepathic abilities over huge range, his bloodline was hybrid, reducing the effect by a huge margin but still, it can be used over the people having same bloodline as him. Thankfully since Alpha and other members were actually had their bloodline too corroded by the Humanoid DNA strands, they cannot use the same ability to read or share their thoughts.

This ability can also be used to convey his mind, read the mind of his Klaxosaur hybrid friends and also decode that orders sent by the Klaxosaur Queen regarding the strategies of the attacks which was sent telepathically for the Klaxosaur to follow.

With that, his thoughts of 'killing' were directly transferred to Delta's mind, as she was essentially made up from Ryo's and Zero Two's DNA strands.

*Bam*

Falling on her butt, Delta looked fearfully at Ryo as he gave her a silent warning look as he took the smirking Zero Two to the other side of the room.

*Ding*

All this while, Alpha and the others looked at the scene in confusion. Then with a bit of difficulty, Delta stood up and while looking fearfully at Ryo, she walked up to the now gathered group. Making Alpha

-

It took some time for the chaos to settle down.

With the peace returned, Arato started to introduce various basics of hand to hand fighting to the people of the group.

It was decided that the group will be divided into two group, the male group and the female group. The male group will be taught by Arato while the female group will be taught by Kiara for the first week. And after the first week, the instructors will be changed when they will start to feel comfortable with their instructors to help them adjust to unexpected situations.

Thus began two hours of regular hand to hand combat training, where the instructors continued to beat down the students excepts Ryo, but he too took several hits to pretend as an amature in the field.

After the two hours of intense training, both Arato and Kiara let them all take a break for half an hour. Leaving the mentally tired members to rest on the soft seats as a few robotic cars entered the room with water and provided to them with energy drinks.

-

As soon as half an hour passed, Arato and Kiara reentered the room and then started their weapon training.

In this training, they were trained to use several different types of weapons, from cold modern weapons like guns and cannons, to medieval hand-held weapons like knives, swords, spears, knuckle wears, katanas and many many more.

One might think what was the use of these medieval weapons?

The main reason for them to be trained with them was to help them getting adjust to using these weapons when operating the FRANXXs mechas. Although the guns do indeed do good damage, but the medieval weapons were just much more effective when used to eliminate the Klaxosaurs.

-

After few more hours of training with these weapons and getting used to them, Arato noticed that the group had done well the whole day.

"Congratulations! You guys have shown quite outstanding results. Today was just the starting and warm-up. You can return to your respective dorms now. We will continue this same course for two more days. After that you guys will be trained how to control the FRANXXs through the Virtual Reality gears."

As soon as he announced the end of the training for the day, both Arato and Kiara left the room without wasting a second, leaving two hostile group in the room.

Looking at each other, Ryo and Alpha started at each other as tension rose between the two group, but suddenly Ryo smiled a little as he walked out to Alpha, who was standing in front of the others and extended his hands for a handshake.

"It was nice meeting you, Code Alpha. Hope we get along well."

Although a bit cautious at Ryo's action, Alpha smiled at Ryo in return and shook his hand and replied, "Likewise. It was great knowing you. Hope we get along well.", but he then tried to clench Ryo's hand, trying to learn about Ryo's strength and provoke him.

His reply and actions made Ryo smile go wider and he shook the hands without doing anything in return. Although Alpha might have used all his strength to make sure that Ryo feel at least a bit of pain, but to Ryo, who have trained his body from the very start, it felt like a child trying to hurt him.

With an awkward hand shake for a few seconds, Alpha let go of Ryo's hands and looked at his group and said, "Let's go.", and walked out of the room, leaving both smiling Ryo and Zero Two.

Ryo felt so happy today as he had finally found his UP farm. He had been constantly listening to the *Ding*-ing sounds from the System. When he impressed the instructors, he will get UP. If he go better than the Alpha and his group, he gets Up. If he do something outstanding, he gets an UP. Every actions of his gave him an endless amount of small waves of UP.

[UP: 27,500-->30,000]

=====

[2260]

We are now in an unknown territory! What will Ryo do? Will he be able to calmly face the calamities coming his way that had been planned for him? Continue to watch drago-*Ahem* Code: Infinity Reboot.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

15