Chapter 36 – Reason
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ok... looks like my bias for Zero Two got in my way while writing the personality and development of Ryo. I will be greatly editing the personality of Ryo and changing the planned plot that I had for both of them.

When this world comes to an end, I might edit the previous chapters when the world ends.

I am hating the current development. I was planning to make him a villain but he is a fake or pseudo-villain right now, not the true one. I might be making him the true one that I have in mind when the arc comes to an end.

Comment down how the chapter was! It gives me motivation. Also, don't forget to give this Fanfic a good REVIEW!! I am hungry for 'em!

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

"Darling... I believe in you. I hope you tell me about it when we reach the 'new world' that you said."

After a deep thought, Zero two finally replied. She knew that it was useless to cause any confusion and distrust between her and her Darling. Their bonds were stronger than a doubt, it is not so easy to bring any crack between them just because this small thing.

She believed in Ryo. They grew up with each other and she knew that he cared deeply for her. She believed that since Ryo promised her, he will tell her everything.

"Thank you, Darling."

Thanking Zero Two for understanding, Ryo felt an imaginary rock over his heart fall off, making him feel lighter and happier.

-

'Looks like I was thinking too much. How can Zero Two distrust me just because of this? This damn curse is affecting me too much! I will have to look a way to remove it! And from how strong it would be, it would be taking at least 100,000 UP to be removed so I was not wasting any time asking about it.'

Moving his finger through the neck strap of his clothes, Ryo made himself comfortable as he clasped the extended controller.

"Are you ready, Darling?"

"Eh. Let's show them who's the boss!"

With smile returning to their face, both of them returned to the battlefield.

-

"Instructor Toru, we are fine now. We will now be returning back to the battle zone."

"I see. The reinforcement has now arrived. If you are feeling any discomfort, report it back to me. You also have permission to return back to the harbor if you are not feeling good."

"We are fine, Instructor Toru."

"I see."

Looking at the now stable statistics of Strelizia, Toru replied.

With that, the voice call was disconnected, making Toru look at the screen by his side.

"Lord baboon, if you may allow, can I ask a doubt that is in my mind."

"Ask your doubts, Fujimoto Toru."

In front of Toru was none other than Baboon-masked individual, one of the seven sages. From the moment the Strelizia went offline, he quickly contacted his to ask for what to do in the former situation.

"From what I understood, we knew that Ayumi will be causing damage to transfer passage of the Energy, but still, we did not stop her after Alpha had reported about it. There are too many losses over advantage. Why is no action taken?"

"Well you see, life has any ups and downs. To prepare the younglings of the dangers to come, it was necessary to train their mind. If we had stopped Ayumi and her plans, the Special Task Force would have been more carefree and not so serious when facing the greater waves. If actions were taken, the Special Task Force would not be able to grow."

"All the Humanity depends on them. If they are not prepared to face death itself by the time they are assign to battle on the Gran Crevasse by the end of the next to next month, all our planning will be in mess."

"Well then. I will be observing the battle. Take care of Ayumi. We will take care of her."

(Toru) "Thank You. I will do so."

Toru silently listened to what Baboon said and nodded in affirmation. He then returned to assisting the FranXX-es to establish better strategy for fending off the Klaxosaurs that were attracted to the Energy leakage.

"Pair 10, 16 and Pair 18, help Strelizia by supporting her to fend off Klaxosaurs while Pair 11, 12, 13, 14 and 17; return to your position and help assist Special Task Force in eliminating the enemies."

"Copy that."

-

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom*

"Kriii!"

*Poof*

Finally stabbing the final Klaxosaur in its core, Alpha watch as the Klaxosaur explodes, making the whole area cover in blue blood.

"Report. All the Klaxosaurs in the parameters have been taken care of. Waiting for further instructions."

"All the parasites, pilot your FranXX to the FranXX harboring area. Your mission has come to an end."

"Affirmative."

As soon as they got their instructions, all the parasites including the Special Ten-s model harbored their respective FranXX and left it.

-

"Instructor Toru, if possible, I would like to know the reason for why the explosion at the Energy Transferring."

"..."

Looking at Alpha and the Ten-s members looking at him, Toru thought for a while. The reason for why Ayumi took part in the leakage was not something easy for the Ten-s to digest but since they have authority to know about it, he decided to answer about the incident.

"The reason for the explosion is Ayumi. The reason for her actions is that just 5 years in past from now, she lost her partner in a Klaxosaur. Although she suffered from the trauma, she was still able to operate normally. It was just that she had too much hate toward Klaxosaurs. This hatred grew much until she learnt about some special parasites coming for operating on the Plantation."

Pausing for a second, Toru to observe the expressions of the Ten-s, he felt a bit astonished that none of them looked fazed, as if they have been expecting the news.

"It was due to the fact that the Special Team having the blood of Klaxosaurs, Ayumi's hatred that had been suppressed was released. She planted a bomb by the pipeline so that when the transfer happens, she can cause the leakage and attract Klaxosaurs and cause a small scale stampede, to try kill the Special Force Team, the Ten-s."

With a serious expression, Toru replied. It was hard for him to accept the current situation. Both he and Ayumi were from the same team of Parasite and were there from the start. They both lost their partner and were similar. Sadly, it was hard for him to digest the situation.

"I see."

Nodding their head, both Alpha and other asked a few more questions while Ryo stood there silently. He had already gone through the information and past of Ayumi from the access he had from Franxx, so it was not any new for him.

After some talk and questionings all the Ten-s finally returned to their dormancy after.

--

(After 20 days)

*DING!*

[UP: 30,000 --> 40,000]

"F-Finally!"

Looking at the blue skin human looking at him with emotionless eyes, Franxx felt his body tremble in excitement as he stood in front of a tube-like structure restraining the person.

The person in question was a female kid who was 10 years old. She had light blue skin with glowing dead-fish like red eyes with flowy black hair. Her under eyes had dark lines which flowed through various part of her body.

If one look carefully, she had a budding eight spider-like black appendages and a long thick black tail growing from her back while a long red horn was tearing through her skull as she bleed blue blood from her head.

The child didn't reacted to the pain as she was already broken and was barely able to think with how much she had gone through before the experiment.

"Ahahahaha!"

Not able to control himself, Franxx broke into a fit of laughter as he looked crazily at the child in front of him.

"Don't laugh like a savage."

Ryo said. He was just standing by the Franxx.

"Says the one with a crazy smile himself."

Franxx resorted and he quickly engrossed himself the holographical panel in front of the tube. Making Ryo huff as he continued to watch the black haired child as he felt an unusual connection to her.

As if feeling Ryo and the connection, the kid slowly lifted it's eyes and turned toward him and started back to Ryo. What came next made Ryo freeze in surprise.

<...Who are you...? And who am I...? And what is this voice in my head which is asking me about my identity..?>

Ryo froze for a second in astonishment as he listened to the voice projected in his mind. Although he was expecting that the Klaxo-Sapien made through the experiment will have psychic abilities, he was not expecting them to be able to use it through the self resonating material which he used to make the tube containing the experiment.

Ryo quickly looked at the Franxx.

"Franxx! We have a problem! Code 001 might be able to sense the birth of the new Klaxo-Hybrid mutant! We have to quickly prepare for escape!"

Grabbing all the stuff, Ryo quickly touched the tube.

'System, buy the protection for the experiment to keep her safe in the inventory.'

[Affirmative.]

[UP: 40,000 --> 39,500]

Franxx looked in astonishment as how the successful experiment vanishes in thin air as soon as Ryo.

"W-What w-was that! Space and Time time manipulating g-gadget!? How!?"

"Shut up! Quickly follow me and prepare the boarding ship! We need to get out of here quickly! Also, don't forget to bring Ayumi with us!"

Grabbing the Franxx by his collar and shaking him a little, Ryo bought Franxx to the reality. Then as soon as Franxx was shaken and affirmed, Ryo quickly walked out of the experimental room and quickly ran toward the dormancy as warning bell rang in his mind.

'Fuck! I was prepared and even made the tube mind wave proof and telekinesis proof! I do not know how the experiment was able to talk out of the tube! Thankfully, I had already prepared a Carrier planes for any unexpected situation.'

'I never though that the material to not work at all. Now I will have to work faster to quickly and escape the Plantation! This Plantation is doomed!'

'System, tell me, is the serum that we that was finally made by me and Franxx; is it perfect? Will it work perfectly if injected in mine or Zero Two's body? If it is not perfect, how many UP will it require for me to learn the things that it is required to be changed in the serum?'

As Ryo ran through the corridor, he quickly asked his system several question as he didn't wanted to waste time. Although he could have easily purchased the Klaxo-sapiens serum from store, but he didn't as he knew that if he depends on the store too much, he would face problem in future when he faces any problem.

Furthermore, he was almost at the required amount of UP to purchase the World Travelling ticket, so he didn't planned to waste any of them to purchase the stuff that he could literally purchase from the store.

[Host, the serum that you have made is almost perfect. To make it better and actually perfect, you are required to take two things into consideration. To learn about the two thing, you will be required to use 2,000 UP.]

'Hmm. Previously it was 30,000 UP but since I have almost perfected the serum, it has been reduced to 2,000, as expected, system takes various different aspects into consideration when prizing something. Anyway, system, purchase the knowledge.'

[Congratulation, you have acquired the required knowledge to make the perfect Klaxo-Sapien serum.]

Ryo felt a small sting in his brain as the memory poured into his mind, but it didn't slowed him down as he ran toward the dormancy.

-

*Bam*

"Wah!"

Slamming the door, Ryo quickly entered the door, making Zero Two, who was reading a book on the chair while swaying her legs to yelp in astonishment.

"Zero Two, let's go. I will tell you what is happening while we reach the harboring station."

"W-what?"

Ryo didn't gave Zero Two to ask any questions as he grabbed her and carried her and ran toward the harbor. As soon as he ran out, he saw a few members of the Ten-s looking out of their dorm toward them with frown.

"Ugh!"

As he felt a bit of stinging in his mind, Ryo decided to ignore them. He was able to feel it coming toward them, so did Zero Two as she looked wide eye as the direction it was coming from.

If the Special Team Ten-s dies now, it will only benefits Ryo, so he decided to not tell them, but suddenly the whole Plantation started to blare with alarm as the whole place started to turn red with alarm blaring.

"Attention! Attention! All Parasite! Report to the conference! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill! Also, Special Task Force, report at the Carrier Harbor location as soon as possible."

'Guess the Team Ten-s will be able to survive. Well they are of no use to me now but they can come handy in future.'

Ryo decided to ignore the Ten-s as he felt a huge presence approaching the Plantation as he ran toward the Carrier Harbor.

=====

[2350]

How was today's chapter? Don't forget to leave me a good review, it motivates me a lot.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

5