Chapter 49 – First step toward becoming the Eminence in Shadow
57 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Comment down how the chapter was! It gives me motivation. Also, don't forget to give this Fanfic a good REVIEW!! I am hungry for 'em!

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

=====

With quick and swift movement, a person clad in black instantly entered the Imperial Capital. Avoiding any bright light, the figure quickly moved through the shadow and quickly reached the inn in which 'Ryo' was living in.

Just as he reached to the window, the window opened and with a quick grab, the person was quickly pulled into the room. With a quick pull, Ryo hugged the person tightly.

"Darling~! Why did it took you soo long!?"

Although one may be confused with two Ryo's, the Ryo who accompanied Sudou to Imperial Capital was none other than Zero Two who disguised herself in Ryo's place as Ryo went ahead for his part of the plan.

Ryo smiled and rubbed Zero Two's head in awkwardness. Although Zero Two was disguised as him, looking at his face hugging his body, it felt a bit weird for him.

Sighing, he kissed Zero Two on cheeks and broke out of the hug as he walked upto the table in the room and took out some books, a huge locker and a small scroll with a small seal over it. On the other side, Zero Two followed Ryo to see what he had bought with him.

*Clank*

With a swift slash, Ryo slashed the safe in front of him, causing the outer layer of the safe to instantly cleave into two part, revealing hundreds of thousands gold coins glittering in the candle light.

With a quick look, Ryo estiated that there were around 5 to 7 thousand gold coins in the safe. He then looked at Zero Two, who was looking at the safe with bored expression and said, "Zero Two, will you be willing to help me for the plans I have?"

"Hm!? Yep. Just tell me what do I have to do, Darling!"

This caused Zero Two's eyes to flash with excitement, she quickly nodded her head in affirmation, making Ryo smile.

-

(A week later)

"Halt! Who the hell are you!? State your purpose this instant!"

Two guards instantly blocked path of the person in front of them. When they looked at the person in front of them, their eyes shot up.

In front of them was a beggar like looking guy with hunter green eyes and hair. He looked someone suspiciously similar to someone which they couldn't put up their mind on. He looked familiar and not at the same time.

'It's not possible...'

They shook their head and continued to stop the person. The only problem was that he was trying to enter the mansion which they were guarding. The mansion behind them actually belonged to a wealthy noble with an Viscount title. One mistake and they will be fired.

"You! Do you know who you are stopping! I am Ryan! I have an important message for the Viscount!"

With an fierce expression, the person, 'Ryan' shouted to them. Listening to what he said, the two guards showed an expression of distain. It was impossible for a beggar to have something of interest with a noble.

Bam! "Ahhhh!"

With a swift a punch, the guard hit the beggar in his face, making him fall on the ground, "Do you think we are a dumbass? Bastard, scam quickly before I kill you right here now!", the guard threatened Ryan. The kick was so strong that Ryan started to bleed from his mouth because of the punch.

"You-! You-! How dare you hit me!"

"What is going on?"

Listening to the commotion, a person who was just passing by asked what the hell was going on. The person was wearing expensive clothes, which were stuck tightly to his round belly. The person was none other than the Viscount himself.

"Lord Viscount!"

As if surprised by the sudden appearance of Viscount, the guards quickly sweated and straightened themselves and replied, "Lord Viscount! This bastard was causing a commotion in front of your mansion! He is saying that he had something of importance to the Lord. We apolise for not handling the situation quickly."

The Lord Viscount in question narrowed his eyes as he listened to the situation. It was surprising even for him as he usually would be uninterested in such things but today, he found himself attracted to the commotion, "Hmmm..."

He then looked over to the person in question and asked, "You told me that you have something of importance to me, right? Tell me.", with a friendly smile he asked. Although he was bored, he thought, 'Hehe. This person looks so innocent. I hope he provide me with some entertainment...'

As if he found the hope of his, 'Ryan' quickly brightened up as he quickly searched through he old rough coat and quickly bought a scroll out from his clothes and gave it to the Viscount. "Lord Viscount, I am from the Campbell town that is actually managed by your brother. I was guarding the Lord but due to the horde attacking the town, I had to escape. I hope this will clear up your doubt."

Then with another quick search, Ryan took out a small bottle in which contained several blue pills. Extending his hand, Ryan gave it to the Lord Viscount, "There is another thing that Lord had given to me."

Taking the scroll and the small bottle from the person, the Viscount looked at the seal which was made up of the melted wax and hummed. "I see. Good work, soldier. Guards, take the person and give him some hospitality."

With a quick wave of hand, the Viscount left the scene and entered his study room and opened the scroll. Looking at the content of the letter, his face turned a bit grim.

The letter explained on how his brother discovered a bottle containing blue pills from the market by some coincident which was being tracked by some kind of organization which had been helping the Revolution Army.

He quickly took the bottle into his possession and tried to find the purpose the pill but he was soon hunted by the organization. In starting the organization sent some weak assassins which were killed before they could reveal anything but soon more powerful assassins were sent after him. In fear of being killed by the assassins he sent it to him in hope of helping him.

Furthermore he had gained some knowledge regarding the recent assassin sent after him. Which he had attached at the bottom of the scroll.

This made him curse his younger brother in anger of giving his such a dangerous item as he looked down the scroll where a poster was glued to the scroll with an angry expression.

' SHADOW. Wanted: Dead or Alive.'

Placing the scroll on the table, the Viscount looked at the pill in the bottles. And after thinking for a second, he asked one of his soldier to ask for someone who will help him for the task he had on his hand.

-

Night fell as the Viscount was sleeping on the bed with a carefree posture. Due

*Creak*

The window by the Viscount's room slowly opened as a person wearing a clad stylish overcoat entered the room. The sound made due to opening the window was so small that it was impossible for anyone to be alerted by it.

With a swift but soundless way, the assassin quickly reached to the bed where the Viscount was sleeping on and held out his sword.

*Bang*

Just as he was about to kill the Viscount, he heard a band noise as he suddenly felt an shard pain in his hands. Then suddenly he felt someone hitting his head, then everything went dark for him.

-

"Ugghhh."

"Where am I... Huh?"

Feeling his legs and hands tied to a steel chain over a laboratory bed, Sudou looked around in confusion. He saw how he was in a laboratory with completely white wall room. Clarity slowly returned to his mind as he quickly tried to free himself, 'How the hell did I got caught!? I have to quickly escape!'

"Oh? You are final awake! khehehe."

Sudou's eyes widens as he looked at the glass widow by the laboratory bed on which he was attached to and grimaced as he looked at the crazy scientist looking person. His heart started to beat fast, but realizing his 'mission', he acted crazily, trying to break free from the straps put on him. His mind was in confusion as if it was a mess. He knew the reason why he was there and not at the same time.

"This is great! Now I can take out information from you. Kehehe. I hope you don't reveal anything hehe. The more you resist, the more fun it would be kehehe."

"Hmm! Mhhuh!"

*Swish*

With a swish sound, a door suddenly opened up in the room as the crazy scientist enters the room, followed by two soldiers, making Sudou struggle more. But the more he struggled, the more the scientist smiled in craziness.

'Why the hell did I even entered the mansion and tried to assassin the Viscount?'

What he didn't knew was that his previous brown eyes has now turned into a bit aqua color. His body was more toned, his teeth were sharper while he looked younger. It was as if he was reborn-ed and had his body redesigned from the very core.

He though about how he was in the place he is now. The last suspicious thing he remembered was the 'Ryo' guy making food for him when he himself was ready to make food for both of them.

---

"Hmm. So you are saying that this is the information that was understood by the torture, right?"

The Viscount looks the report with a hand over his mouth as he takes a deep breath. His eyes had turned sharper as he looked at the report. After going through the report again, he looked up to the crazy scientist in front of him, who was sweating with a scared smile standing between two soldier.

"Take care of him. Send some other guards after you leave this room."

"Yo-Your majesty! You can't do this to me! I am from the main healer team itself! Others will become upset on this! You can't kill me! Your Majest-! Muff!"

The soldiers quickly took hit the cheeks of the scientists, making few of his teethes fall on the ground. They then quickly dragged him out of the room, leaving behind the noble with a hand on his face.

"Hehehehe! Hahaha hehehe hahahhahaha!"

With a creepy grin, the noble wasn't able to hold back his laughter. As he laughed he stood up from his chair, making it fall on the ground and danced to the middle of the room. On the other hand, soon four or so soldiers enters the room and were astonished on seeing their master dance in the middle of the room.

"Kill the two soldiers who are taking care of the person who I ordered them to."

"As you wish, Lord Viscount."

*Door closes*

"Hehehe... Hehahahhahahahaha!"

In excitement, the Viscount smiles and with a swirl, he reached to his desk and hit it with such a force that it breaks in two, revealing the bottle containing the blue pills and without any hesitation he pops the lid off and drops the content of the bottle in his mouth while smiling crazily.

From what he learned from the assassin was that these pills were actually the result of their experiment. But out of greed, their lead researcher sold the pills to the black market but before the news can go out, he was murdered while the 'Shadow Garden' started to hunt for the pills.

What amazed him was that this pills turned out to be something amazing. It was said that each of these pills increase the power of the consumer by twice and the assassin sent for the hunt for these pills had actually consumed one of the pills, which was evident on how strong he was. Alongside the strength, it also increase lifespan of the consumer by a decade.

This made him feel incredible. Who doesn't want to live longer and have more power!?

What he didn't knew was that on the other side of the mansion, a guy with hunter green hair and eyes was also looking at his direction with his eyes narrowed and a gleeful smile.

'Hehe~ It was all worth it~ I was amazed on learning that the mayor was actually a family member of the Viscount and to not get killed in the competition for becoming the heir, he decided to leave and become the mayor of the Campbell town. Although I do have to say that even in this corrupted world, family members do care out about each other, which is quite opposite to what I had though.'

'Anyway, I not have the pathway for my plan. It could have been a bit too interesting if everyone was a bit too smarter and cautious. My mind suggestion might have become useless on people who have strong willpower and mind and I would have to work out on another plan which would have been more entertaining. Hehe~'

The person then retracted his mind manipulative waves that he had been sending to manipulate the Viscount to make him a bit braindead and not suspect the report.

=====

[2350]

What is the situation, tell me your thoughts!

How was today's chapter? Don't forget to leave me a good review, it motivates me a lot.

It seems like you have power stones in your possession. Give it to me. I will be requiring them to reduce half of the universe to the dust.

Don't forget to join my now-dead discord, give me a comment, reply, or power stone! They give me motivation!

Link to Discord: https://discord.gg/yTbN7maSme

Thank you!

-SR_2027.

3