CH9: Wasp Love
2k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The paper cone of the hive was more than large enough for the wasp to stuff him inside one of many egg chambers. Queen wasps fanned their wings to cool down the nest as one after another inspected him. Then, in the dark, suffocating chamber of the hive, he saw a uniquely colored queen approach him. A shiny metallic blue wasp stared at Silas with its beady black eyes. He watched it clack its pincers in over Silas’s lone eye before it left. Finally, with the latest wasp gone, he was left alone with his thoughts.

 

Every sound of creeping wasps fried his nerves as the venom from the earlier sting paralyzed him. Even if he managed to get free, there was no getting away. There were wasps everywhere, and he wasn’t getting any new skills to help.

 

He wanted to shake or panic, but he couldn’t move, and the wasps weren’t giving him any attention. Every thudding landing or crawling wasp could mean the implantation of their parasitic young. The irony of being devoured from the inside out wasn’t lost on him. Silas didn’t think he had a way forward to get him out of his situation.

 

Being a leech, even a slightly tougher-than-average one, didn’t mean he could ignore large pincers and paralyzing stings. Maybe if he had increased his constitution to 25, he might have gained some resistance to the poison, but that wasn’t in the cards.

 

“Too bad, and I thought you were clever.”

 

“And I thought you were giving me the silent treatment. Can’t you see I’m having a panic attack?” Silas said.

 

“Such a drama queen. This wouldn't have happened if you hadn’t stepped on land before you were ready.” Mother said.

 

“So it's my fault a wasp stung me. Can’t you do something? I’m out of options.” Silas said.

 

“You have 48 mana before your first rank. I didn’t have high mana until I was rank 3. There is a skill you can get with 25 charisma and 50 mana. At your low level, you should develop it the second you put the points in and focus on making people love you.”

 

“Where did you hear about this skill?”

“Irrelevant; put in the points, or you’re going to die.” Mother said.

 

Silas felt he was about to throw away an extremely precious resource on a gamble.

 

Silas dumped the points in and shook from the feeling of advancement. His mana and charisma reached E- rank but wouldn’t be a solid E until those stats were up to 100 for mana and 50 for charisma.

 

When the metallic blue wasp returned, Silas opened his yellow eye and willed the creature to fall in love with him. Instead, he felt the dormant mana in his body come alive.

 

New Skill

Charm: Beginner 0% - Make monsters with low mana resistance become infatuated or more suggestive with the user.

Initiate Threshold: Charm 10 animals

 

He felt his charm take effect, and the wasp flew at him. Suddenly he realized that charming a queen wasp looking to lay her eggs into becoming infatuated with him was a bad idea. Infatuation had a lot of different meanings, especially with a helpless target.

 

The wasp managed to squeeze itself in the hole with him as it tapped its stinger against his body, looking for something.

 

When it stopped, Silas opened his eye to see a protrusion just above the base of the wasp’s stinger. His hentai skill immediately activated as a pink, bladed, and dick-shaped ovipositor stabbed into his side. 4 tags appeared automatically as some of the worst situations in his late-night searches appeared. His skin only toughened up enough to make it a challenge for the wasp.

 

Each stab of the wasp’s piston-pounding ovipositor drove the organ like a drill into Silas’s flesh. He blamed his ex-wife as a pop-up appeared.

 

+2 Charisma

Charisma 27

A fifth tag appeared as the ovipositor buried the head of its bladed member into Silas’s flesh below his eye. His pupil shrunk as he watched bulges travel down the tube from the wasp into his wound. Burning fluid poured out of the wasp as its legs wrapped around his body. It nuzzled its pincers against Silas’s suction cup while the wasp’s eggs expanded the wound and the fluids burned.

 

The wasp rested on top of him while it came down from its experience.

 

+3 Charisma

Charisma 30

 

After resting on him for a while, it pulled its organ away, pushing it forward a few times while Silas’s regeneration tried to fight it.

 

Impotent rage filled his body at the injustice roiling in his guts as surely as the wasp eggs. He remembered the caterpillar and knew what would happen next. Soon enough, they would hatch and eat their way out of him.

 

After discovering it, he pulled at his mana thanks to his charm skill and tried to do anything. There was more of the mysterious energy in him than before but doing something with it that wasn’t a skill illuded him. Touching it instead of moving it to his eye felt impossible, like trying to cup water in his hands. Doing anything with it in its current form besides stirring it from place to place was impossible, or he lacked the knowledge to do anything meaningful with it.

 

“Do you think if I raise my charisma more, I could get the wasp larvae to not eat their way out of me?” Silas asked.

 

“If you had followed my instructions instead of being foolish, this wouldn’t have happened. But, fortunately, you aren’t as important as I let on.” Mother said.

 

“You were lying to me from the start,” Silas said.

 

“There is another who fell in my blood, and he has followed my instructions diligently. You’ve already ruined the build I had planned, but at least you’ve located some dangers in the area. All I need to do is warn him to stay in the water until they rank up. This is the last time we will speak; you will suffocate before the wasp larvae hatch.”

 

His rage turned to the spirit in his head. “Did you know the wasp would rape me?” Silas asked.

 

“At this point, the chance was high that would have happened regardless. Pitiful child, you were unlucky and took too many risks.”

 

Silas cooled his rage and decided to attack from another angle. His mother was a prideful 7th rank monster spirit, and she hated any show of weakness.

 

“Will you stay with me until the end?” Silas asked.

 

He felt emotions not his own roil over him until he realized she was laughing at him. “No, you are a failure and no longer deserve my help. I won’t waste my time with a failure when my other child is obedient.”

 

Something left him then as the blue wasp returned and put its pincers against his suction cup. It puked a predigested sweet slurry filling him with energy and stopping the slow decline of his bonus health from Gluttony. If he wasn’t paralyzed, he would fold himself into a smile.

 

Since the eggs were implanted in his body, his hentai skill had rapidly increased. In addition, several tags were active while the eggs were inside him. Those tags were wasp, oviposited eggs, S&M, hypnotism, impregnated, and alien parasitic life cycle; combining those factors, his flesh was rather durable.

 

Hentai: Initiate 1.23%

Gain instances of Iron Defense for each tag from online searches.

Raise the effectiveness of Constitution +1% for each tag experienced under this skill.

 

Constitution 11 F+ 120% effectiveness

 

Hentai had crossed into the initiate rank freeing him to continue to level and eventually get a class. And his effectiveness raised how his stats impacted his body. A leech with EX constitution might survive being stomped three times by a human with all their stats under 10. Before it confused him, the wasp managed to sting him when it should have given him several instances of defense.

 

After his recent rank-up in the skill, he had instances of iron defense for every tag. Even with that, it's likely the wasp could still sting him. Stats were limited by the materials they had on hand. Effectiveness was a workaround but not a good one. Maybe it would be better when his skill reached apprentice rank. Though he had the eggs inside of him, he had 6 instances of iron defense. Before he managed to entice one wasp into infatuation. It had been painful, but it gave him boosts in hentai and instances of defense. But the blue wasp had to struggle to implant its eggs. All the while, Silas gained 5 charisma points.

 

If he could form himself into a smile, he would; it was time to charm some wasps and see if he could become a queen bee.

54