Flying
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pef dragged the precious beast after him, slowly approaching the cabin when his new senses picked up some villagers, stealing maize corns and rummaging the cabin.

Maybe twenty of them, half of them younger than him.

'Damn idiots! The barrier was there to protect you' Pef thought as his pace accelerated.

He reached the cabin just as a couple of men were dragging out his mother, well, the newest mother, out of the cabin.

"What are you people doing?" he asked, just to make sure.

"Get out of here kid. This old sage must have some treasure inside her body" one man muttered, and clumsily tried to slap him away.

'Actually, it's very cogent deduction. Your parental unit does have a high energy artifact inside her. An arrowhead made of crystallized aluminum. Right in her dantian, below the belly.'

"Okay people, you can leave now. Don't come back, before the pyre is out!" Pef replied out loud, while grabbing the man's hand and slowly crushing it in the glove.

The man with the crushed hand began screaming for mercy, or cursing.

The villagers noticed the crazy kid bending a grown man upside-down, and began inching away with some trepidation.

"Run, now! Or I can add more bodies on the pyre..." Pef yelled much louder, and infusing his voice with some qi. The villagers dropped everything and ran away in panic.

"What about me?" the grave robber asked with a pitiful voice.

"Ah, yes. You came to chop up my mother and dig out the treasure, right?"

"I changed my mind!"

"Denied! I can't do this crap, but you volunteered. Take out that bone knife, slice her belly, take out the arrow" Pef demanded in an angry tone.

"Just, just remember, you told me to do it..."

"I know, just start already!" Pef demanded in a cold voice.

A minute later, the man extracted a bloody hand from the corpse, holding a bloody triangle.

'A sapphire?' Pef asked inward, the blue color of the gem being familiar.

'Yep, aluminum.'

"What is that gem worth?" Pef asked, just to make sure.

"Can't really say, boy. A thousand gold florins? Maybe more?" the man commented distracted, while eying his bone knife. Pef tensed, preparing the strike as well.

'Wait. Let him hit you.' the glove demanded according to the manual. Self-defense was always better.

A second later, the villager yelled demented and struck with the knife directly into Pef's chest. It broke at the hilt, since it was a normal bone.

Both men looked at the broken blade with amazement.

'Now it's self defense...' The glove explained, as the user hit back, and terminated the intruder.

'Don't bother to lie, glove. They trespassed and robed, and worst they killed my mother. It was self-defense an hour ago.'

'They didn't actually...'

'Blood, arrow, knife. Was the patient even remotely revivable?'

'Errrr. A tier 6 entity can still...'

'So, they killed my mother. Case closed. Now, let me arrange a travel pack, and a travois to carry the stove.'

'You want to fly to Lacrimosa City?'

'Of course! It would take me years to traverse 10 thousand kilometers of wild terrain. And likely die during the attempt.'

'Huh. There are also flying beasts. The skies are a bit safer, but not completely.'

'And we can drive around them.'

'That's not why...'

'Have you ever been sacrificially burnt on a pyre, my orange glove?'

'Now that my memories are much shorter, I can safely say no!'

'We will fly to Lacrimosa City.' Pef decided in a commanding tone.

'Yes sir!'

And hour later, as the pyre was burning hot and high, Pef realized the other part. 'Why was the arrow still inside?'

'It's a projectile weapon?'

'What would have happened if the arrow was on the pyre, right now, inside her?' Pef asked more to the point.

'Depending on its design and destination...most likely her soul would have been channeled as fuel, to one of this planet tier 1 gods. Attempting to ascend to Perfect Divinity is very costly' the glove explained with a more sober tone. 

'Which one?'

'Limited data. Female. Five candidates remaining.'

'So we'll need to find more arrows?'

'Or a live shooter.' the glove said, lying smoothly. The shooter would have divine guidance in any case. This user wouldn't be able to intercept, not at this low cultivation.

'What if we had extracted the arrow before my mom died?' Pef asked curious. 

'Unknown. Energy reading indicate we should attempt this at over a thousand kilometers from the nearest city. Fallout and radiation are...'

'Yeah. Nearest city is two thousand kilometers away.' Pef answered with a pained sigh. She was being careful, no doubt about it.

'Sir, once an arming code is acquired, the arrow will self-destruct anyway. Going by the incremental energy spikes, we have about 800 thousand seconds.'

'What's that, ten days, nine days?" Pef muttered out loud, trying to divide the seconds on his fingers. This kind of numbers were hard to do on one hand.

'Yes. We should go skin a snake now' the glove demanded a bit wary.

And so they did.

The badger's claws became his temporary weapon, along with a few longer bones.

Core beasts have pretty good bones, as a random fact. Their skins are also quite decent for making leather armor, on a planet without metals. In fact, they were comparable to bronze in durability.

'Why are you carrying those split stones?' the glove asked as they began skinning the large snake.

'Extrapolate and tell me yourself!' Pef demanded with a wry smile.

'Hmm, ballast for your zeppelin?'

'True, but stones are everywhere.'

'They are rather perfectly split, meaning perfect balance on both sides?'

'True again, but even neolithic hunters can balance rocks with two baskets and a log.'

'The split itself? A lightning strike or some event?' the glove conjectured in a more amazed tone. 

'Some event, then a lightning strike.'

'Ah, a Heaven Defying skill. And during the time the formation barrier was up!' the glove concluded after gaining sufficient clues.

'Very good. I split the rock. But I want experts to figure out how.'

'Oh. Oh! A Space Cutting skill. But those are not allowed in any tier 1 universe.'

'Because?'

'Because... I don't know. All tier 5 skills are banned. Maybe they can accidentally translate the user to other universes?'

'What about a tier 6 skill?' Pef asked, as he began inflating the brand new yellow zeppelin.

'You could translate universes at will?'

'Really?'

'No idea. Probably not at will. That's why the Legion needs a Captain to deploy safely to a new battlefield.'

'So, how could you tell if this was a tier 7?'

'Don't know. Ask a Captain?'

'I am one. I am asking you!'

'I don't know, sir. And you can't self promote, even with all the inventions. Your superior needs to...'

'I am the only Legion member here. So I say Captain, you say how high!' Pef yelled in his mind.

Captain Pef of the Veritas Legion had a romantic tinge to it. Especially if he could really earn it. One should remember Pef was only a young boy, and dreamed of glory and medals, like any boy of his age. 

'How high?' the glove asked confused.

'Maintain altitude ceiling at 3000 meters. And let's test this stove while airborne. Yupee!' Pef proclaimed gloriously while his airship began lifting into the air, powered by hot air.

'Oh my! We are actually flying! On a planet in the neolithic!'

'I know! And I can cook both beaver and snake meat on this stove. While flying!' Pef explained while grilling some meat on the stove, while the hot air rose the snake zeppelin ever higher.

0