Chapter 5: Is That A Freaking Meteor?!
669 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Skill's duration wear off, I returned to being Leon.

For real, I thought about my life from then on if I couldn't transform back, being stuck on Raven's body forever. Good thing it didn't happen.

My actual identity, Leon, can't be compared with heavenly beauty like Raven. Slightly disheveled short black hairs, ordinary black eyes, and average face, everything summed up to be an unpopular man named Leon. Though, the only good thing I can say about myself is probably my build. I occasionally work out every day so my abs are not that shameful to look at.

Talking about the appearance, next time, I will definitely look at myself in the mirror when I transform into Raven. I have to see it and remember every detail!

Regardless, I looked at my Personal Info and fell a bit disappointed.

==================
[Leon Collain]
Level : 1
Class : Raven's Inheritor
Guild : Otherworlder
Alliance : -
Title : Want To Do Some 'Research'
==================

After cursing at the Title, I focused my attention at the Level and noticed that it stays at level 1. I did hope for my level to increase after killing all those Demons, but it seemed like there is no short cut for me.

The Skill level of Raven's Form didn't increase either. Nothing changes at all!

As for the class, well, it's pretty accurate. However, I couldn't help but feel annoyed by its name.

With a look of dejection, weighing my options is what's important right now. If my destination is the North then I will be forced to participate in the war against the Demon Race for sure.

Fighting a whole army is different from fighting a group of ambushers, there is no way I can kill them all in 10 minutes.

While I do have some large scale destruction Skills to annihilate an entire army as Raven, it might also hit my allies, ending up as friendly fire instead.

My only chance to cast it is before the two side crashes, but judging from the fact that Sephena knows about the attack then it's highly likely that the war is already on-going. Also, the situation might not be favorable as the 1st prince or whatever has to go to the frontline and command the army himself.

Instead of bringing ruin to their entire army, assassinating their commanders one by one might be more realistic. I have to pin-point their location first though as I only have 10 minutes to act.

I continued my journey towards Rextras Fortress as I was pondering about the future.

.

While traveling lonely along the side of the road, my Minimap detected hostiles creatures.

I moved sneakily to investigate these mysterious enemies and I stumbled upon a dozen rabbits, mutated rabbits to be exact.

Their appearance is identical to the ordinary rabbit, but their legs are that of the frog.

==================
[Frogbit]
Level : 8
Class : -
Guild : Frogbit Clan
Alliance : -
Title : Currently Happily Eating
==================

Ignoring the weird title that makes me feel inhuman, I checked their level and grinned widely. The average levels of these Frogbits are only at 10.

Having enough confidence to deal with all of them without getting injured too much, I took out a level 1 sword from my Inventory.

From my previous experiment, slashing normally without activating the Skills will break the sword in 3 hits, so I have to be careful.

A total of 10 Frogbits were chewing the white grasses.

Locking on to my first prey on the far left, I dashed forward and pierce my sword at its forehead.

Blood spurted and the smell makes me want to vomit, but I have to endure because the rest of them are glaring fiercely at me as they watched their peer breathe its last breath.

Preparing to pull out my new sword from the Inventory at any moment, I fully entrusted my life to my Passive Skills as I rotated my whole body using the momentum of my speed to kill 2 Frogbits that leaped at me with one swing.

My sword broke and I pulled another one out immediately despite feeling a burning pain on my palm and feeling disgusted by the smell of blood.

Leveling up in Quintet of Symphony will recover all the HP and Mana, but it will only happen after the players have done engaging in a fight.

Seven more Frogbits left to exterminate.

The white forest was dyed red as I started my killing spree on these poor creatures that have no way to fight back.

.

After finishing my very first real fight to the death in 30 seconds, I stumbled down on my butt and gasping for air.

Even though my wounds were healed from leveling up, my mental exhaustion was not.

As my heartbeats began to quiet down, I checked for my losses and gains.

Two swords were lost. I have to find some time to craft a ton of low-level weapons inside my Personal Space, otherwise, I will run out of them at this rate. As an Advanced Blacksmith, I couldn't believe myself, having to mass produces low-level weapons for my personal use. What a waste of materials and time!

Another bad news is that Frogbits didn't drop anything. I thought having a Game System might allow them to drop some loots, but I was wrong. The only things that dropped as loots were the corpses of the Frogbits as it should be in reality. Having zero knowledge about skinning, I guess I will put them all inside my Inventory for now, even though they might not be valued much as they are some weak monsters.

As for the obvious gains, I commanded 'Personal Info'.

==================
[Leon Collain]
Level : 4
Class : Raven's Inheritor
Guild : Otherworlder
Alliance : -
Title : Want To Do Some 'Research'
==================

Level 4... I would be fine with it if this were to be a game, but fighting to survive is more exhausting than I thought. It is impossible to grind my level days and nights without sleeping just as I did inside the game.

Furthermore, the average levels of people who could fight seem to be around 30-40, judging from Thalma's and Sephena's levels.

With this question in mind, how could I find a place to grind my levels after I reach level 40 or more? I might have to venture across the ocean or dive straight to the bottom of the sea to kill an Ancient Being or something. I feel tried from merely thinking about it.

At this rate, it would take my entire lifetime to reach level 100, not to mention 200.

Oh... what a bright future awaiting me...

After confirming the state of my hand to be perfect, I continued my journey.

Along the way, I encountered more Frogbits and obliterate them all, increased my level to 8.

I should be happy, but I can't. My hand was still hurt with the same amount of pain. I couldn't predict at all on which level I would be able to fight normally without worrying about the recoil of my strength. It will be my eternal nightmare if the said level is at least 50.

For now, I have to reach the fortress.

.

After reaching the end of the white forest, Rextras Fortress came into view.

It's quite big for a Fortress, its size could easily rival that of a big city. The high white wall looks ancient and majestic with collapsed parts here and there as though it endured through a lot of hardship and dread.

Sephena said it's the frontline so I guess this is to be expected.

I could see a dim green barrier enveloping an entire fortress within, fortifying its defense and make it looks safe and sturdy. The wall is made from unknown white materials. Upon further observation from using my Object Info, it's a material called 'Wyronte'. Yeah, never heard of it.

One thing is for certain, the wall sturdiness is quite high. It could be compared with a Guild Base of a low-level Guild from Quintet of Symphony. It's still far shabbier than my Guild's though.

Another interesting thing is, the fortress has a lively atmosphere despite being located on the frontline against their nemesis. I could hear people laughing and bargaining even while I'm standing outside.

My gaze moved to the side and stopped on the huge blood-red rotten grass field.

I could see the remnants of war, with the corpses of both sides, piling up on top of each other.

Multiple huge holes on the group from the usage of Magic and siege weapons, as well as soldiers from both sides, collecting the body of their passed companions.

Demon Race... the more I look, the more human they appear to be.

Shaking off unnecessary thought, I moved closer to the gate, lining up together with random merchants, adventurers, and mercenaries.

At that moment, a luxurious carriage that's identical to Sephena's appear.

Setting my minimap to show the identity of every living being close to me, I checked for the one sitting inside the carriage. 

==================
[Sepah Valiania]
Level : 32
Class : Strategist
Guild : Valiania Kingdom
Alliance : Porsa Kingdom / Quest Kingdom
Title : Feeling Afraid Of Misfortune
==================

As I suspected, it's Sephena's brother, the 1st prince. Also, what is that Title want to imply? 'Feeling Afraid of Misfortune'? Was he haunted by ghost or something? As for his appearance, I couldn't see it from the outside, but I believe it must be quite identical to Sephena's. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to fool the Demons by disguising herself as him.

However, there are 2 more people seated opposite of him on the carriage. Feeling curious, I also viewed their Info.

==================
[Esant Merkia]
Level : 65
Class : Painter
Guild : Otherworlder
Alliance : -
Title : Feeling Afraid Of Misfortune
==================

Oh yes! Finally, the first otherworlder I have ever met!

His class is Painter? It's probably due to the cheat he wished for when encountering a God. I really want to know what Skills he has with this class. However, why is this guy also having the same Title as the prince? What misfortune they are afraid of anyway?

I cast my gaze to the Character Info of the last one.

==================
[Koris Q]
Level : 72
Class : Protagonist
Guild : Otherworlder
Alliance : -
Title : Feeling Dejected
==================

These 2 otherworldler's levels are quite high, but what kind of class is that? Protagonist? Seriously? Did he wish for a cheat to gain the power of Plot Armor and Friendship?

I still couldn't wrap myself up on why the first 2 were feeling afraid of misfortune though.

Before I could come up with any ideas, the sky was suddenly darkening as if the sun was concealed by something.

I raised my head and... What the actual-?!

A freaking meteor was falling directly at the fortress! Wait, no, it's not the fortress! It's falling straight into the prince's carriage!

14