Forging Rebellion.
233 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While not Azazel's intention his training was doing more good than he expected. Akeno and Kurayami began to awaken trace amounts of their ancestor's power. This made Akeno more talented at magic and made Kurayami's flames and lightning stronger. As Amaterasu was their god ancestor they gained much from her inheritance. This along with his Sacred Gear filled him with ideas.

If his sacred gear made him a walking inferno and his lightning made him a living storm. Why could he not fuse both of the two into one better than both? It is easier said than done as when he tried his lightning or his fire just vanished.

His fire could not move like lightning and his lightning couldn't burn like his fire. However, he was taught by Azazel to keep trying as it may lead to something better. At home, their father taught him and Akeno how to fight at close range while their mother taught them what she knew about magic.

Her time in the clan had benefited her as she knew quite a bit about the history and some powers of their ancestor. The Himejima clan was descended from Amaterasu so Azazel wanted them to awaken as much as they could from her. At this moment Akeno was having a light spar with her father with a spear. He was not a spear user, but he was going to help her learn from experience.

He parried her blows and gave any advice he could to her. Not to push too much, but to keep an eye on her footwork. Kurayami and Shuri watched on as Baraqiel showed his millennia of experience.

Akeno stabbed at her father from all directions at extreme speeds yet this was nothing to Baraqiel. He kept deflecting her blows and pocked her where he could have killed her. Finally, Baraqiel destroyed her light spear and ended the spar.

She fell to the ground exhausted, but suddenly she was hugged by her mother. She ran her hand through her hair while Baraqiel kneeled down to check on her. Kurayami walked toward Akeno and looked her over and saw she was fine.

"You did well against father."

Akeno nodded with a smile.

"I am the best."

Shuri nodded.

"I am proud of you. I know you will be just as strong as your father."

Baraqiel disagreed.

"No. They will surpass me. This was just her without her magic which is her specialty. Kurayami is even stronger when he can go all out."

Hearing him say that made Akeno pout. However, she knew for a fact how strong her brother was. Baraqiel ran his hand through his son's hair. He was proud of both of his children and it made him happy at both of their progress. The thing was that Kurayami was already growing his third set of wings.

His father explained that a Fallen Angle that is born needs to grow and learn to retract them. It was to be expected, but he wanted to have his ten wings like his father. Which reminded him of something.

"Father. Can you show me your wings again?"

He knew his son admired his wings, so he did not mind. He turned around and spread his ten wings. They were black, but unlike Azazel's wings which looked like a night sky. His fathers looked like a dark shadow on a stormy night. Every fallen angel's wings looked different, but it was not easy to see. Only a fallen could see it as clearly as he could.

"Thank you, Dad. I want to finish growing my wings."

Baraqiel hid them again and kneeled again while running his hand through his son's hair.

"I know you will. Both of you will, maybe you two might even become Seraphs."

Akeno got in the middle which resulted in a family hug. She wanted to keep up with her brother's progress, but she was just growing her second set. Most would barely grow their first at this age, but Azazel just knew how to train people. Plus they had the genetic potential on their side.

However, she did have one insecurity.

"Dad. Will I be anywhere as strong as you and big brother?"

He wanted to say yes but being as strong as a Longinus user was not easy even with his heritage. Even more so when they were like Kurayami with a strong lineage along with their Longinus.

"Well maybe not as strong as your brother, but surpassing me is guaranteed."

She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Why not?"

Kurayami explained in a blunt way, but he did not mean it in a bad way.

"I have a Longinus and you don't. A sacred gear is an advantage you lack."

His parents looked at him with a look that said 'really.' Akeno looked at him a little mad.

"How do I get one?"

He shook his head as they can't just grow one, but she can get one implanted.

"You can't. Unless you-"

Before he could finish his mouth was covered by his father.

"Let's forget about that. She is too young."

Akeno was curious about what her brother was going to tell her so she would ask later. Kurayami moved the hand from his mouth and shrugged.

'Although Azazel told me that you can take the sacred gear from someone. Why not just give her one?'

Shuri clapped and made them all look at her.

"Come inside, it's time to eat."

They all went inside and after the meal, it was time to sleep. Kurayami and Akeno shared a room as they were very close to each other. He was trying to go to sleep with Akeno drooling all over his chest. She loved to cuddle and he did not mind, but he did not sleep much anyway.

He looked at her with his hollow eyes, but a faint smile was on his face. He wanted to go outside as it was something he did every night. Just as he was going to go outside, he overheard his parents in their room. 

What he heard made his hollow gaze gain a bit of shock. 

"YOU LIKE THAT. *spank*."

The squealing voice of his father yelled out.

"YES."

From what he could hear it was a paddle or something. Baraqiel was a masochist and his mother was a sadist. He shook his head as that could not be him. He ignored them and went outside as it was not his business.

He sat on a tree and looked up to the dark moon. It was a new moon tonight and it seemed fitting for a fallen angel and his namesake. He thought back to his old life and name and it seemed like so long ago. He looked at his reflection and he looked just like his past life with darker hair and violet eyes.

"Akuma. The name of a Devil and now I am a fallen angel. Is there such a thing as the opposite? If anything should I have been turned into a devil? However, they have weaknesses that fallen don't."

At that moment a few figures in Shinto dress approached his home, and they seemed annoyed. He jumped in front of his door while the leading man looked at him with scorn.

"So you are one of the dirty half-bloods. I feel sick knowing we share the same blood."

Kurayami squinted his eyes as he looked at the man.

"So you are my mother's old family?"

"Watch your tone dirty blood. We are her family and you are the foul offspring of her falling to the fallen tricks."

He looked at the man with his usual hollow look.

"Are you sure you are not jealous of my lineage? I know for a fact humans are the weakest race in the world and I am a powerful Fallen Angel with no weakness. I wonder why you care so much."

They seemed offended and drew their weapons.

"If you don't want to die, call Shuri here."

Kurayami drew his sword and pointed at his uncle.

"Well I would, but she is busy. They are consummating their marriage. I can entertain you instead."

They seemed sick by the thought. His uncle drew prepared to attack him as he saw this as an excuse to kill him.

"Fine. Have it your way."

Kurayami channeled his mana into his body causing his veins and magic pathways to fill with holy lightning and holy fire. His aura surged so much that it got his parent's attention. Just before they fought his parents went outside as Baraqiel had been alerted.

He knew his son was not one to stay out of a fight and while he could kill them that was not a good thing. The moment they were dead, their backers the Shinto gods would move.

"Foolish girl. Kill the dirty half-bloods and come home. You can still be forgiven and allowed back. However, those half-bloods must die."

The sky struck white lightning in between his legs which made the guy flinch.

"I will not allow harm to my children, brother-in-law."

He seemed offended at the insinuation that he was related to him.

"I am no family to you. You brainwashed Shuri and violated her. That can't be allowed. Mark my words I will be back, Decide Shuri."

They all rushed away and Shuri hugged her husband. She looked at Kurayami who placed his sword back on his back and relaxed.

"Kurayami, what did they want."

He thought about it.

"They wanted to see you. They annoyed me so I was about to kill them."

That worried her as she and Baraqiel knew their son well. He lacked fear and he never hesitated. Shuri knew her child even better. He didn't know self-preservation and he would fight foes stronger than himself. It was like retreat did not exist in his mind.

He would even take a hit to give one back and the pain was nothing to him. They worried, but that's just who he was. After this, they made sure they would not be found as easily and even moved to a different location for the safety of their family. As a result, Baraqiel picked up the pace with Kurayami's and Akeno's training.

--

One way to keep them safe was to get them better-forged weapons that Azazel was going to pull all the stops for. A month later Kurayami and Akeno were with Azazel in his lab while using his flames in a type of forge while Azazel worked on an alloyed piece of metal.

"Hey. Give me more fire here. Increase the heat as well."

Kurayami raised his hand and fired a stream of dark purple fire into the forge while Azazel made a sword. Using his fire was better and would make the metal stronger as the flames of a Loginous were the best for this kind of work. Not only that it would imbue it with powerful dual holy and Death as his soul was still a shard of Deaths. His real mother.

Azazel had picked out several great metals from his dealing as he wanted to make them both great weapons. For three hours he worked at his best and took the bright red blade and quenched it into the magical oil. When he brought it out he gave it a quick polish and was proud of his work. Kurayami's blade had turned out rather perfect. It was a gigantic blade that was over 9 feet long with a skull gazing out near the base.

Kurayami lifted the thing as if it was weightless, but that was not all. Rebellion's soul entered the new blade which Kurayami instantly noticed. It was like he was holding his blade for the first time all over again. It was a relief as he felt that his friend was back.

He still had Submission on his back, but he did not plan to get rid of it at all. It was the weapon that had served him for his life. Azazel knew that well so he offered something he thought Kurayami would like.

"I can tell you are going to keep your first one as a memento. How about at a later time I reforge it for you. For now, I got to start on your sister's weapon though. Now, how is my work."

Kurayami held the new blade vertically which was taller than he was by far. Even taller than his father which made him have to balance it carefully.

"It is perfect Azazel. Though, why is it so big?"

Azazel rubbed the back of his head and shrugged.

"I don't know. I did most of the forging, but the metal warped and devoured your flames to grow to this thing. Must mean this is the type of weapon you are to use."

Azazel turned to Akeno with a smile.

"So little lady, you want a speed or lance right?"

Akeno nodded frantically.

"YES, I do."

Azazel had already prepared the material and the forge was still hot enough because of Kurayami. The flames of Incinerate Anthem would not go out for a few hours so he was not needed anymore. Kurayami could not place his sword on his back as it was too big but quickly vanished in a surge of dark purple flames. He felt he could call on it at any time he needed.

"Perfect. Is there anything else you need for me Azazel?"

Azazel looked over and shook his head

"Not really, this forge was built to contain the strongest flames so it will stay lit like this for a few hours. Meaning you no longer have to supply the fire. Oh get ready, I feel that very soon you will be allowed to go on missions. Both of you"

Akeno looked at Kurayami with a smile.

"Me too?"

Kurayami nodded.

"If Azazel and Dad say yes, then yes."

Akeno hugged him real quick so he exited the lab. His father was never very far from his kids as he was extremely protective of both of them. Kurayami had found him sitting down at a bench polishing his own greatsword. It had served him well since the Great War, and it was a truly perfect weapon that had been reforged by Azazel several times. Even Kurayami was interested in it. When his father saw him come out h smiled.

"Is Azazel done with your new blade?"

Kurayami nodded and brought out his giant sword which was named Rebellion just like before.

(Image)

"So big? Can you actually use that?"

Kurayami showed off a few practice swings showing he was just fine. Baraqiel was curious about something.

"Mind if I hold it?"

"Sure."

His father took it and held it in his hands, however, the blade got absurdly heavy and ignited in flames making him let go of it. It suddenly floated to Kurayami's side so he took it in his hand.

The skull in the blade flashed with flames as if telling Baraqiel off.

"What did Azazel put in you?"

When he held the handle the blade drove spikes through his hand. It hurt but was not too bad. Suddenly he felt a connection to the blade and it sent its emotions to him.

'Rebellion?'

A voice responded.

'Yes.'

'Glad to have you back.'

The soul inside was still acclimating to the new sword and magic as it lacked this in the old world.

"Dad. Call Azazel here. My sword is alive."

Baraqiel watched as the spikes went through his son's hand and wanted to take the blade away, but his son seemed in a trance when he was just talking to his sword. They went to Azazel who looked smug while working on Akeno's spear. Akeno walked toward her brother and father with a happy smile.

"It already accepted you. Cool."

Kurayami seemed a little annoyed as he did not expect this.

"What did you use to make her?"

Azazel raised an eyebrow at hearing that.

"It's a girl? Neat."

Kurayami held the blade on his shoulder while he wanted to know more about it. Azazel was more focused on his work, but he still explained what he knew.

"Well, the metal I used was a mixture of Celestial Bronze, Bone Steel, Stygian Iron, Orichalcum, Adamantium, and a few other metals from around the world. That way it can kill both monsters and mortals. I even used the soul of a Grim Reaper to try to give it life. So it worked?"

Rebellion had devoured that soul, but in a different blade that would have worked. Knowing what his blade was made of made it all the better. Azazel was even curious about his creation's name.

"So what's this girl's name?"

Kurayami held it out with a proud smile.

"Rebellion. What name is better?"

When they heard the name they felt it was truly fitting. They were fallen angels and they rebelled against God. A sword used by a fallen angel is truly a perfect match for that name. The blade was proud she got the praise she deserved. However, Kurayami knocked on the blade.

The sword accepted his words as they had been together since he was 22 when he forged her the first time. The sword suddenly turned into smoke and became a tattoo on his right arm. He looked at the mark his blade left him and liked it.

"Hey, Azazel will Akeno's weapon be alive."

Azazel shrugged.

"I can try."

Akeno nodded.

"You better."

Azazel looked at Kurayami interested.

"How about you help me to experiment a bit more with weapons? Who knows I might be able to make your first sword even better. More living weapons."

Kurayami was very interested. He also had no reason to disagree at all.

"If you are going to make another living weapon why the hell would I not."

Azazel nodded.

"If you help I will show you my best treasure."

Baraqiel knew what he meant, and felt Azazel would turn his son into a pervert.

"Azazel could you not."

Suddenly Kurayami motioned for him to kneel. He whispered in his ear.

"Hey, Dad. Why was Mom hitting you? It sounded like you liked it. Can I tell Azazel? Maybe he can help you with mom's abuse."

Baraqiel went bright red and shook his head.

"No. No. That's not necessary. Your mother won't hurt me anymore."

Azazel and Kurayami began to laugh up a storm. Baraqiel got bright red as he knew his son and Azazel were close. He also realized that Kurayami had no friends his age. His best friend already was Azazel.

Kurayami left the lab as he wanted to explore more areas in Grigori. Even after being here for a few years, there were still a few places he had not been to. Might as well map it out.

8