Undead Brawl and Destructive Tyrant.
77 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that they managed to escape from the angry hoard of Razor Tooth Fiends, they took a quick break to recover their fighting strength. Baraqiel healed his burns while Kurayami, Raynare, and Akeno focused on their stamina. They did not very long because none of them were human so they only rested for 5 minutes. When Baraqiel felt they were fine he stood up as it was time to find something interesting for Raynare as the death fields were nearby. 

She was extremely excited about what she would find.

"Let's find something just as cool. What options are there?"She was jumping in place as she looked up at Baraqiel. He shook his head as he explained why the death fields were called the death fields. 

"This place is the graveyard of billions so the resentment, magic, and blood gathered to form areas dense with death essence.  There you can find many types of undead. Some of them are quite powerful."

Akeno flipped through the book at the many types of undead that called this place home. From zombies, skeletons, and wraiths, to dullahans. She looked at Tyrant as she was determined to find something as cool as him. The little beast looked prideful and raised his head high. He was royalty among his race so his pride was on the level of a dragon. Despite the fact that when compared to a dragon he was lacking. 

They all rolled their eyes at his antics. When they arrived at the death fields, they got why they were called that. It was totally shadowy and all around you could see miasma and weak undead and zombies.

"Be careful here. Cover your bodies in a mana barrier to keep yourself safe. Well, except you Raynare."

They all listened except Raynare and Kurayami. Raynare as she was Azrael's granddaughter so this was her terrain. As for Kurayami, he was a user of Death Energy so he also had no reason to use a Mana Barrier. Plus, they all could use light and holy power to fight here the bane of the undead. Any zombies, skeletons, or even wraiths that attacked would be killed easily by holy lightning. 

They all entered the death fields and began to enter deeper within. Baraqiel and Akeno were using their magic barriers to keep the miasma away, but Raynare and Kurayami were not. This caused  Raynare to look at Kurayami who looked to be just fine like her. 

"How are you ok?" 

Kurayami saw how they were all curious so he used what came to mind. 

"Talent." 

Baraqiel shook his head and carried on. 

"Come on you show off. So, any kind of Undead that calls your attention Raynare?"

Kurayami looked at the page she was on. When he saw the undead she wanted he felt it suited her. 

"You want one of those?"

She nodded happily. 

"A Dullahan. They are strong and most necromancers have to have one to protect them. I think it is perfect."

Baraqiel had to agree with her assessment. They were quite strong and unlike the myths were not the result of someone losing their head and looking for it. They were just undead that became that way and do not need their heads. Their horses were bound to the Dullahan and if she tamed the rider the mount would be an added welcome. 

"They inhabit the area with even more death miasma. Let's go."

Just as he was going to lead them forward he paused when he saw Akeno pull something out of the ground. 

"Akeno, be careful. Everything here carries curses so d-"

He stopped when he saw what she pulled out. 

"Look dad, a white stick." 

Kurayami pointed at the end of the stick. 

"That is no stick. It's an arm." 

Akeno looked at the end and saw the bones of a hand. 

"Oh, cool."

Baraqiel for a second looked at Akeno as she was playing with it like a sword. She even began to poke Kurayami in the side with it. He sighed as he wanted her to rely on him, but she just did not have the fear of most kids. She had her dad and brother around her so she was rarely afraid. They just thought this place was really cool even more so for Kurayami and Raynare. 

While Baraqiel thought about that, Kurayami was noticing some changes occurring. The Miasma he breathed in, did not come out. His soul was devouring it. It was like his soul hungered for the miasma which once again raised questions. Why was he so damn good at using Death Energy to the point that his soul ate it like a snack. 

'What am I really?' 

He walked as he thought of this question, but he wondered if his Longinous would react negatively to it. Holy and Death energies did not mix well, but in his body that was not occurring. Both were making way for each other and interacting in sync. If he stayed here, Kurayami felt that he might even unlock a new fire and lightning type. 

He raised his hands in front of him to begin to play around with Death Energy. He brought it out of his body, but he combined it with his lightning and fire. In his left-hand miasmic lightning began to crackle while in his left miasmic flames burned. Baraqiel watched as Kurayami did this which made him feel that Kurayami was blessed with even more talent than he thought. 

"Don't forget this feeling son. Raynare, try to do the same."

Raynare nodded as she tried to do the same with her cursed flames. Curse magic and death magic were two different things so even she needed to work on it a bit. As for Kurayami, he put his hands down as he got the feeling right. Though, he felt there was more to it than just perfect control. Something was granting him this perfect affinity to Death Energy, but what? 

He stopped pondering on this as it would not help him figure out the answer faster, Besides they had already arrived at the spawning grounds of Dullahans. But what they saw when they arrived was rather surprising. Over a hundred Dullahands and their horses were locked in deadly combat. Baraqiel was confused at the sight as this was not normal.

"What is happening? Undead rarely fight each other so what are they doing?" 

Kurayami looked at the large hoard and noticed two unique undead. One of the Dullahans and his horse were far bigger than the rest. It wore heavy plate armor while it fought with a giant battleaxe that it used to slice and smash the other Dullahans. Even its horse was covered in heavy armor, while it towered over the other horses looking like a draft horse. 

In its left hand, it held a black tower shield which it used to bash, block and kill the others around.  The other Dullahan rode a smaller horse while it battled with a bone whip in its hands. As for the other, it held the reins of its horse which was far faster than the others. These two special Dullahans killed any who came near them while avoiding each other. 

Raynare had an idea. 

"I think they are fighting for who gets to be my familiar." 

"They are fighting over who will be my familiar."

Barraqiel felt it was too odd, but she was the granddaughter of Azrael. They watched on as all, but the two special Dullahans remained. They locked eyes with each other and prepared to attack each other. The winner would devour all the dead around them and each other, but Kurayami stopped them. 

"Hey. You don't have to fight. One of you can join me and the other can be Raynare's." 

Hearing his words, the two Dullahans accepted what he said. The axe wielder raised his axe to the sky and absorbed half of the Dullahan bodies while his horse absorbed the horses. The other one took the other half which caused both of them to directly evolve. The armor of the axe wielder grew a shade darker. 

It even grew a helmet from which a giant pair of horns grew. As for the horse, a large black horse grew from its forehead while black flames burned on it. As for the whip wielder, its armor got shinier, but it did not get any large. Only its aura grew so Kurayami directly choose the axe wielder. 

He walked toward the former Dullahan which lept off its mount to kneel before him. It presented its shield and axe as a form of a pledge. 

"From this day forth, your name shall be Abel." 

He placed his hand on Abel's chest and signed the second familiar pact. The moment the pledge was formed, Abel felt a rush of death energy coming from Kurayami's very soul. He would weep in joy if he had the ability so he just pressed his head against the ground. 

"Rise, you're better than this." 

Abel did as he was told and offered Kurayami to ride with him on his new horse, now a Bicorn. Kurayami accepted the help and once he was mounted Abel rode behind him. Tyrant crawled up Abel's body up to his head showing his superiority. Abel did not bother with the small Fiend as he merely controlled his Bicorn for Kurayami. Baraqiel was amazed so he explained what Abel had become. 

"Abel is a higher type of undead called a Black Skull General, a powerful warrior and leader."

Raynare felt disappointed, but she looked at the other undead and felt he was just fine. 

"That means you will be my familiar? Welcome to the team." 

He kneeled at Raynare's side as she also formed the contract with him. Like Abel, he got a rush of Death Energy, but it just did not compare to what Abel got. As such he was a little disappointed as he wanted to be Kurayami's familiar. However, his rival had beaten him and evolved in a different way. 

Raynare thought of a perfect name for him, 

"If Kurayami named his Abel, I will name you Cain."

He nodded and he and his horse vanished into her contract space. Akeno was impressed with their familiars and now she wanted something just as cool. She also was jealous that Kurayami got two of them, but now it was her turn.

"Dad, let's go find something just as amazing."

"Alright. We need to leave the Death Fields and return to the Lightning fields. No fire, I know just the perfect place." 

Baraqiel led them out of the Death Fields and took them to a section where many lightning and nature-related creatures roamed. When they arrived, they began to look through the many creatures as if they needed something strong. Not just anything would serve what she was looking for. After an hour of searching, they found something Baraqiel knew she could not pass upon. When she saw it she pointed at it with a determined look.

"That one, I want it."

Up in the trees, a small blue and purple dragon was flying.  Baraqiel flew up and caught it with both hands which made the little dragon try to escape. Too bad it was far too weak so his hold was still firm so he flipped it over to find its gender. It was a female so he looked at Akeno with a smile.

"It is a girl. Perfect for you."

She nodded and the dragon tried to shock Baraqiel, but its little lightning couldn't hurt him who used one that was far stronger. Akeno took it in her hands and the little dragon liked her and snuggled in her embrace. When she felt the magic and strong lightning in her body she felt this was perfect. She signed the contract and named it Elektra. Raynare thought Cain was much better.

"It's cool I guess."

Kurayami from the back of the Bicorn thought she was just jealous.

"A dragon no matter the type is powerful. You better be careful or she will leave you behind."

Raynare covered her mouth as Akeno felt pride for her pick. From the top of Abel's head, Tyrant scoffed at it. Elektra tried to shock him, but the little glutton ate it. The dragon was mad while Abel could not care less what the little creatures did.   Now that they were done Baraqiel was proud of all of their choices.

"Come on, time to go home."

The three of them nodded so they opened a teleport circle to Grigori. When they arrived Azazel came out to greet them with a smile. When Azazel saw Kurayami on the back of a Bicorn with a Blackskull General and a Razor Tooth Field royal, he thought he got three. 

"Wow, why did you get three?" 

Kurayami got off the Bicorn and explained. 

"I didn't. Abel and the Bicorn were once a Dullahan that evolved by consuming 50 others. Tyrant is my first choice and Abel also wanted to join me." 

Azazel was proud.

"Good job. Now what did you two get." 

Akeno raised Elektra to show him. 

"A little dragon." 

Raynare summoned Cain to her side to show him off. 

"I also got a Dullahan. But mine did not evolve." 

Azazel felt that was fine. 

"Not every single one gets that lucky. However, you three lucked out." 

They all accepted as Azazel's knowledge was rarely wrong. Azazel turned to Vali and was interested.

"How about you? You interested in getting a familiar."

Vali was kind of interested as long as it made him stronger.

"Any special dragons?"

Azazel nodded.

"Some types of dragons, some like Kurayami's and Raynares are quite strong.  As for you three, I got a mission for you very soon."

Baraqiel was going to go with them, but he was denied.

"By the way, Baraqiel will not be the one to go with you. I will leave it to Shemhazai as if you get too used to Baraqiel protection. It will work against you in the future."

Baraqiel nodded. He trusted Shemhazai would not endanger them.

"Fine, but if something happens it's your head Azazel."

Azazel was not worried at all

"I thought we were friends. I am hurt, but all jokes aside you can count I will not allow a thing to happen to the three of them. They are too valuable to lose."

They all went home soon after in a good mood as they got cool familiars. Shuri was impressed and a little annoyed with Raynare and Kurayami as the undead are quite hard to control, but seems she had no issue with it. Cain and Abel were even forced by Shuri to help around the house while Elektra and Tyrant caused nothing but trouble by starting fires. Especially Tyrant who did it all for kicks as his species were known to be pyromaniacs.

Shuri had Kurayami start training him not to destroy stuff, but it seemed the little guy did it even more. He did not like being told he could not do something and he finally took it too far. A month later Kurayami, Akeno, and Raynare were woken up by the horrified scream of Shuri. They all rushed out with weapons drawn as they thought something had attacked her, but they saw what had her so horrified.

Tyrant had turned her garden into a lava pool where he was basking without a care in the world. She turned to look at Kurayami who looked up at her with a neutral look. 

"This was not my fault. I tried to train him to not do stuff like this, but he does it anyway." 

Shuri took a deep breath as she looked at the large lava pit.

"That is no excuse?" 

He crossed his arms as this was not his fault. He did his best as this was not just a dog, it was a literal monster.

"It is in Tyrant's very nature to do stuff like this. This was a mistake that will not happen again." 

Shuri scowled at the pure logic in his answer. 

"Kurayami, this is not a time for logic, but a reflection. You did not control him well enough, and as his owner you are responsible."

In both anger and a lack of common sense about how to deal with this situation, Kurayami bit down too hard. He broke one of his molars which he would regrow, but the loss of his tooth snaped him out of his anger.  

"I see." 

 Baraqiel walked out of their house and he looked at Tyrant with a frown.

"Shuri, take it easy on him. There was not much he could do. I told you it was not going to be easy to train Tyrant, his species is one that is avoided by most taming households for how hard they are to train. Kurayami has done more with him than even experts do. He just needs more time." 

Shuri took a deep breath as she glanced at Tyrant in the lava pool.

"Fine, get him under control, please. I will have to start a new garden now."

She walked back into the house annoyed at the loss of her garden. Kurayami walked toward Tyrant and grabbed him by his nape rather angrily.

"Really? You had to do this here?"

Small sounds that sounded like laughter from Tyrant. He did it out of spite as he was a little annoyed by her. Barqiel sighed as he only found out about the rebellious spirit of these creatures after he looked them up. He patted Kurayami on the shoulder to cheer him up. This was the first time in his life that he had gotten reprimanded. As such he was very much not happy about it.

"Don't take it to heart, just be a little more firm with him. I know it is not your fault son."

Kurayami nodded as he placed his pet on his shoulder. He could not stay mad at him as Tyrant began to snuggle into his face.  Kurayami reached up and ran his hand on the rough skin of Tyrant.

"Living up to your name now aren't you Tyrant?" 

Once Baraqiel walked away, Kurayami reached into his mouth and pulled out his broken tooth.

"Abel, catch." 

He tossed the tooth to the undead which ate it. Kurayami's body contained a lot of power and death magic which would help him grow.  Tyrant started to feel bad about what he did as he got his master in trouble. That was not his intention so he decided to try to listen a little more. If he did not he would lose the yummy aura that his master gave him without knowing.

It made him stronger just by being with him and he did not want to lose it. Kurayami decided to still give him the higher training as it would make him stronger.  For the next two months that is exactly what he did. It was for his sake and his two familiars. 

3