Chapter 0: Prologue
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   It was done, she fell with a lifeless thud, he killed his love, with his own hands, with her own wand, there was silence, even the mountain animals were silent, the air grew thick, not for breathing anymore.

Death looked at his cold eyes, terrified, the gods looked holding there breath, the silence became deafeningly loud, death didn't move, too terrified it was to move, his eyes were red, but all the tears had evaporated, he roared, so loud everyone in heaven and hell covered there ears, trembling with anger, tightened his grip on her wand, his magic taking away all the will out of the wand, it was now his slave, he threw a black flash of pure power from the wand, his eyes red he could not see, just didn't care to see, and he just started shooting flashes aimlessly, shooting energy, became the true form of chaos, destroyer of everything.

It looked like he was dancing, the dance of death, the dance of destruction, the dance of unimaginable pain, the wand was not able to emit the humongous amount of energy he was sending, he didn't care, just wanted to let loose, he started letting the power a bit loose, her wand started to crack, and in a moment it broke into thousand pieces, he gave a cry of frustration, unable to set limits, power taking over.

He lost control, his whole body emitted a black glow, such black it was, that even the death looked grey and with a roar he released a huge shock wave of pure black energy, and fell in the ground unconscious, a teardrop fell from an eye, traveling down the ground.

He was lying in a place worse than hell, all the mountains were levelled, most of the land became lava from the destruction, nothing living was left in many miles' radius, but it was still way better than his heart.

The night was black as pitch, even as the lightning roared.
But through the sound of thunder, one could hear some booming, way off in the distance.
More rhythmic than the weather, but no less present.
As the booming got louder, the storm got heavier.
Wind so fast it turned the rain drops to razor blades, slicing as they whipped around with no definitive direction.
The booming was here now.
The rain was so relentless, the storm had to be directly overhead, until all at once the rain and wind vanished.
The lightning, however, had grown more fierce; only to still be bested by the darkness, which now seemed a part of the air itself.
Nonetheless, through the darkness, the presence of something terrifying sent the hairs right off his neck.
As he try to look harder through the darkness, a brilliant flash of lightning betrays the creature within the storm, for creature it was.
Simply a part of darkness to the core.
Once again, the lightning strikes only to reflect of the monsters eyes.
Hatred. Malice. Rage. Death. These were not the feelings of what they prayed to.
This is not what they summoned.
This was no God but an amalgamation of mankind's greatest fears.
This was not what they were promised.
No salvation was to be found here, only destruction.
The sheer size of this being makes the tallest mountains buckle, and the appearance would dry up an ocean.
For, as "God" looked upon the world, he saw not his creation.
No love a parent would have for their child, or even a disappointment.
Only a duty. Simply a job.
Because through the eyes of fire, He could see the failure that was humankind.

There was no hope of it, only fate.

The deity rose from the charred ground.
Its roar was heard through the lands.
He has the horns of a demon and skin of tormented souls.
It raises it arms.
"This world shall feel the fires of hell." It cried.
The creatures slammed its arms to the earth, breaking the ground as lava rose... The Knight of Lights cannot comprehend such power.
They were out of options... running out of hope... Suddenly a beam of light shines.
The heavens had sent help.
A man had come out of the beam.
The man looked at the knights and faced the deity.
The two clashed as heaven and earth began to shake.
The skies was cut in half.
The man leap and with a beam of light... The monster began cracking.
Lights coming out from its inside.

“I will be back!!” The creature screamed in pain. Then a flash. The deity that rose from hell, now turned to ashes.

"A defiance, a dance of the doomed against doom itself. Rise.
A cry, a declaration of arrival, of self, of war against darkness. Rise!
A thought, a light among shadows, the scream of reality, the refrain of Truth. RISE!
For if you do not seize your ascension, if you do not become that which you are yet to be, then what will become of us here?
If you have not the strength to part this veil, then who shall herald the day from this everlasting night?
What are we, if not your audience? So will you not dance?
Will you not cry out against the cruel curtain?
Will you not fight for what can only be Right?
Cast off your Shadow, for you are Light.
Cast off your wrongness, for you are right.
Cast off your sin, for you are divine.
Cast off your Dreams, for you are reality.

Cast them off, worthy Humans,

and Arise!”

"To those we stand before us we are demons.
To those who stand behind us we are angels.
To those who stand beside us we are brothers.
To those who come after us we are myths and legends But the truth is...

WE ARE MEN AND THIS IS OUR LAST STAND AND LET US MAKE IT ONE FOR EVERYONE TO REMEMBER LET US DIE WITH OUR HONOR INTACT TO THE LAST!" The man from the beam of light said as the knights become to scream and motivated by his calls, they call him a hero from heaven.

From the wastes of the knights failure he came, showered in golden light. Blinding all who gazed for too long. They kneeled in the ashes of the ground. He ushered them to stand. They cried tears of shame for their hubris. He whipped the demons away. The knights limped on, weak and frail. He strengthened and taught them to stride.

They once feared the dark. They once feared the xenos. They once feared the endless void and what it held within.

He led them from the ashes of their greatest failure, he united them with his golden legions, he unified what remained and ushered in a golden age of conquest and reunification.

They now stare hungrily into the dark. The xenos pay tribute to us for they now fear them. We stride into the void fearless and strong; we cry out to what hides in its shadows to face them in glorious battle.

The knights owe all to his grace, they are guided by his golden light and it is in his name we march to war.

 

As everyone march to the castle, the door opens before them. They fell the wind coming through them, the room feel cold, and not a soul is found in the room.

“Foolish Humans…” Deep voice was heard across the room.

“You may not be alive just because you fight for your country, because I am the Darklord the fear itself…”

One by one the knights disappear out of thin air.

His soul could be compared to the abyss, pitch black. He didn't find joy in the harm of others; he didn't find joy serving under the Dark Lord;

He stops making the knights disappears for a second.

He appears himself in front of the hero.

As the hero laid his eyes on the "man" for the first time, he felt fear, not because of his power, not because he beat him, but because he had no idea who he even was.

He knew the Dark Lord was a sadistic, unreemable world-ender who reveled in darkness, but the person before him didn't, he looked completely empty, like a person who had just witnessed a suicide, unable to process the horror. He couldn't read him at all.

He close eyes for a moment to think.

He opens his eyes, he takes a glance around him for the last time but as he shut them everything is vacant and lifeless. his sitting on their shoulders experiencing their brutal and unfair deaths every time he tries breathing. After managing to keep his eyes open, he realized his being controlled. For the first time he remembers everything, everything that happened to him, the miserable, harsh and awful death he got, but now no one can have authority over him.

Maybe, just maybe, there was some fraction of hope left in him. "What are you fighting for?" Those words echoed throughout the delapitated, crumbling room. He continued his approach, finally halting in front of him, looking down at him as he stood tall.

"A mere hero like you wouldn't understand. You look at me like I'm some god…" The sun shined a bit brighter, his face obstructed by shadow, but the rays caught a glimmer of tears running down his cheeks. "I can assure you, I'm human, one whos seen too much, one who knows too much… This world needed me to fill this role...” He turned his back away to the hero below him.

"I'm sorry, kid, but we'd be here for years if I were to explain everything… The only difference between a hero and a villain is which side you see as right. And, friend, I'm afraid you are not the hero of this story..." For a moment the hero and the knights stand frozen, confused.

His logic made no sense, what the hell did he mean by the world needed him to be this way? But as he moved, with one swift movement he saw a silver gleam, yet there was no pain, just darkness. His ears were bombarded with familiar sounds, yet so many played at the same time that he couldn't pinpoint a single one of them.

He heard memories of his friends, his parents calling him, his bullies, all waning away.

What was his name again?

He opened his eyes… Interrupted by the bright glow.

As the hero stood, staring the god in the face, he remembered everything the god had done, everything taken from him. This monster had ruined the lives of so many and given the chance would do it again.

The hero could not allow that. He drew his sword and prepared to fight. He knew what must be done.

'How do you kill an Immortal?' He'd once asked his mentor, 'You can't, right?'

His mentor had simply chuckled and replied 'That's the shirt answer, yes. The long answer is that you can come pretty close. You can strip a God of their immortality, but it requires a sacrifice.' He hardened his resolve and stepped forward.

He would kill this twisted god if it was the last thing he did as a Mortal Being.

"No mere mortal can kill a god." “I know but I still have time to make your immortality disappears.”

"I may be a villain in your story, Hero, but I may be a hero in someone else's because they believe that gods are merciful, and good!"

Heaven saw me fit to be banished into Hell.
But I fell further into the Abyss and found myself.
So then I saw it fit to raise an army in Hell.
To knock on Heaven's door To show them that my
Vengeance is greater than their Justice.

And the gods took a breath of life, they were safe. For now.

But then chains of lava restrain him to go further, and found himself in the middle of an tiny island with ocean of lava

"I put my whole life on the line to protect the earth, and yet the gods treat me as if im lower than gravel. I guess I'll just have to show them how important I was to them, by showing them True Fear…"

A week before that

A week before that

Two more

How about ten, twenty, thirty? ...79?

A year Almost two

18 months alone.

If I am not a hero for giving up everything for my family at the age of 16 then I must be a villain full of spite for my will has been broken a thousand times I sit and watch the world move on as I become forgotten.

Trapped in a cycle of purgatory I can’t escape. I sit for hours a day wanting to fly away from this place to a new tomorrow. I am a child withering away from youth as I am forced to isolate, I do not know what the future holds.

I will assault this world in full force. I turned to my best friends. The ones who were excited for a day of rejoicing. They deceased months ago. Leaving me on read like a chapter in their life now closed In the meantime while I am suffering inside I think hard about my existence.

With time if I survive, I will thrive. I have awoken to a new level of consciousness. I am egotistical I justify my torment with existential morality.

An antihero complex in which logic and empathy that seems void in the apathy of people is mine.

I care not for mercy, humanity, or chivalry.

Too long have I watched heroes fall, unable to step into the shadows of the night. When fighting corruption at the root of a doomed and ever so compliant society, those who are willing to sacrifice their sanity will emerge victorious. I surrendered to the darkness.

I become one with the shadows. I embraced my demons and fought with them at my side, cheering on my brutality with a fiery intensity.

I do not pull my punches. I won't hesitate to kill for my cause.

I am not held to the moral standard of heroes... And that is why I will succeed.

The often-great mistakes of the masses are not of that they have great intentions or ideals but it is of how blinded they are of the evils they committed in committing to greater goods that the good has been lost in its execution for greater good.

Truly, the most dangerous, are the prideful ones and the most flawed are the most boastful ones and the ones who shall fall are the ones who are the willful ignorant fools, who shall not see one step past their path.

Villainy is often attributed to those who are seen wicked yet what actions did they committed that are wicked to the eyes of the world? One shouts and tells us that they are champions of truth, sincerity, and integrity as well as freedom but often than not I found myself seeing more villainy in the champions than the villains themselves. Truly those who are truly wicked are the ones hiding behind curtains concealing their wicked ends whole screaming purity and truth and condemned those they see as a threat to their manipulations.

I am not a villain, nor am I a hero, for I have lost all hope for what they proudly proclaim as humanity for the humanity that I yearned for has been lost and all I am is the one who shall end all, I will end both Light and Darkness for no Man in this world has proven their worth of existence and never shall they bestow truth be passed among the sleeping souls, resting in Kingdom of Ignorance while I, tormented and slain for my genuine honesty for the truth.

God made man not to be Kings of the world but to be his champions of Truth and Grace and for that, I shall see to it, I shall grab it, even if I am the foes of all those within all sides of war.

"I WILL MAKE THEM FEEL MY PAIN" The hero screamed.

"You are the last one standing."

"I know that it seems hopeless now."

"Like all is lost."

"But it can still be done."

"It is up to you now."

"Friends, family, allies, enemies... All have sacrificed themselves for this moment to come to pass."

"Don't fail them now."

"Finish the mission."

"You have a sword. Use it. A skilled wielder can pierce a dragon's hide and slay a god with one blow. Raise your sword, and it shall shine as bright as the wielder's intentions."

"You're story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are, only what you choose to be. So, who are you?"

“I AM A HERO!!!”

1