5.5 The Path of Death Leads Towards A New Path
394 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shit [Blast]!" I in panic just casted Blast to try and knock the waves away.

The Blast simply was repelled by the waves and the waves kept on coming towards me.

"I can't do anything.. I am too weak" I started to resign to my fate. But something weird happened inside of my mind. It suddenly replays the moment before I died in my past life. 

I was pathetic, I was weak, I was hopeless. I felt like such a fool to actually die that way. Without accomplishing anything, without creating anything new.. Is that how I will also die now? To die as a cannon fodder? To die as a small fry..?

<Confirm. Aibo suggest User to stop blaming yourself>

Is it me who was always trying to change the world into a better place? Or is it me who will destroy the future of the world? Or I will never be anything in the future? I will never know for sure.. But one thing that I'm sure for now is..

"I refuse" I refuse to die. I refuse to perish right now. I was given another chance of life in another world with a fresh start with a fresh knowledge. I refuse to let my chance go, The chance to find my true use. There is something that I haven't discovered and I need to discover it before I die and so..

"I will never give up and I will thrive to be better.." I made a resolve. A resolve to beat whoever stands in my path, to be better than my old self, to be reborn anew that is who I am. It is time for me to step up my game! This is a fantasy world and that means I can do whatever fuck I want!

<Confirm. User's probability of success.. 20%>

"That's more than enough!!" I shouted in excitement.

"[Blast]!" And so I then start my first action against my impeccable doom by avoiding the giant wave of death approaching me. I blasted my self upwards using my little powers that I have left. But shockingly the waves didn't stop instead it suddenly went upwards chasing me. Is it only chasing me?!

"Shit! That's cheating!" I complained trying to find a way to avoid the attack. Until I take a look at the creature itself. It's hands are rotting and dissipating away. It looks like his body is constantly being destroyed with I suppose was his own power.

"Then that's my only chance!" I then focused. I ignored the [Crushing Waves] for now and focused at the creature. I then took a deep breath and braced myself. Then when he waves almost crushed me I made my move.

[Blast]!!

I blasted and launched myself towards the creature itself. Luckily, my prediction was right and the waves were only chasing me. So I brought it over towards the creature. The creature didn't seem to hold much intelligence as it only stared at me as I flew towards him. But when I was right in front of him, I suddenly stops and waited for the waves to come.

I looked back at the creature. It was only looking at me mindlessly. Then the waves came crushing in right through the creature to catch up to me.

The wave disintegrated even the smallest part of the creature leaving nothing behind. It was quite a sight at how easy it was for the creature to lose. After the creature was fully disintegrated the waves also end with the same fate as one it was meant to be. Nothingness at it's finest.

"Thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson.." I said while looking at the place where the creature stood before. It really taught me a lot of lesson in a short amount of time. The lesson to never lose hope.

"Heh.. Not like you can understand what I said.." I chuckled at myself. It was anticlimactic yet it taught me something. I call it a good gain.

"Well.. Let's continue shall we, Aibo?" I said to Aibo and I only heard a confirmation little sound. I smiled a little and started to move in another random direction.

.

.

.

"It's good to see you again, August!" I looked at the Slime in front of me while smiling a little inside my mind.

"It seems you are getting stronger, Rimuru" I said with proudness in my tone. After that encounter with what I assume was 'Death' but I'm not so sure myself but I keep on going forward and I have fought a lot of enemies.

In total I've gained 4 more new skills I deemed suitable for my fighting style that I developed myself. First is the [Extra Skill: Super Vibrations], which just honestly how it name implies, vibrations. I could increase the power of my [Blast] by sending in vibrations alongside the blasted Magicules.

Second is the [Extra Skill: Sense Heat Source] which is as how it's also implied, to sense any heat source sign. This works great because now not only I could track my enemies easier, I also could keep track of some attacks with heat.

Third is the [Common Skill: Camouflage] as it's name implies this Skill allows me to camouflage myself by covering myself in layers of Magicules to make it relatively reflective.

Lastly it the actually surprisingly [Extra Skill: Substitute]. This skill is a lifesaving skill for me. This Skill creates a Substitute of myself in the place where I stood. Combining this with [Camouflage] it works wonders.

Then after that I also got more things, such as my [Blast] improved from [Blast -Low-] to [Blast -Medium-]. This improvements increased it's power and range. It is a nice addition to my Skills. Me and Aibo also learned a lot of things which were mostly still processed by Aibo that's why it is so silent. 

One thing that me and Aibo discovered also is my first known Intrinsic Skill called [Magicule Absorption]. So it's basically a Skill to let me absorb foreign Magicules and recover myself. It is a simple Skill but useful one. 

But for now back to reality

"Hehe! Of course! You should train harder, August or you will be left behind!" Rimuru said jokingly. I chuckled at his statement, I don't mind if he got stronger than me. I only mind when he got weaker than me.

"By the way I can now talk without telepathy!" Rimuru suddenly said. I immediately looked at him and watched with interest.

"See this, HELLO I COME FROM OUTER SPACE!!"  Woah that's loud.. But that is impressive, I certainly think that I could imitate this.

[Super Vibrations]!

By using this Skill, I created vibrations to match the wavelengths of our voices but I can't seem to understand until I suddenly heard..

(Confirm. Skill [Ultrasonic Waves] acquired)

'?!' Is this how Rimuru was able to made out sounds? I analysed the Skill in curiousity and discovers it's potentials.

"Wait.." I murmured.

"*Ahem* *Ahem* Test? Can you hear me?" I suddenly spoke.. not in Telepathy but in voice. Rimuru suddenly looked startled and immediately looked at me.

"August? Is that your voice?" Rimuru asked me. I moved my body up and down to nod and said.

"Well yes" It seems like I could use Skills this way.. interesting, truly interesting.

"Huh.. well that's good! Now we both can talk without using telepathy! It is starting to get weird for me.." Rimuru said while chuckling.

"Well enough of that, let's head outside! I can't wait!" Rimuru said excitedly all of the sudden. I smiled even though it's not visible for Rimuru.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Lets go.." I said agreeing with him. As today onwards, our adventure has just begun. What will happen in the future? Well we certainly don't know. But as what we know is We will certainly face a lot of ups and downs. But it doesn't matter because..

"No matter what happens.." 

"We'll overcome it!" 

This is the beginning of the story of A Kind and Easygoing Slime with A Benevolent and Warmhearted Magicule Spirit. 

.

.

.

[Present Status]

- August Tempest:

• Race --> Magicule Spirit

• Protection --> Crest of The Storm

• Title --> None

• Magic --> None

• Intrinsic Skills --> [Magicule Absorption]

• Unique Skills --> [Partner For Life] [Endless Teachings] [Brother of Tempest -Partially Sealed-]

• Extra Skills --> [Full Resistance] [Magic Sense] [Tiredless Body] [Killer's Instinct] [Super Vibrations] [Sense Heat Source] [Substitute]

• Common Skills --> [Telepathy] [Barrier -Low-] [Blast -Medium-] [Camouflage] [Ultrasonic Waves] 

• Tolerance --> [Resist Pain] [Resist Temperature] [Resist Electricity] [Resist Paralysis] [Resist Poison] [Resist Mind] [Resist Melee Attack] [Resist Ranged Attack] [Resist Magic Attack] and more...

15