Chapter 12 – Fight between two brothers
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With clenched fists, Jonathan vowed, 'Father, Erina, just wait, I will protect you all from Dio! I will not you get in any harm's way.'. With that, he looked toward the setting sun, as he took a breath and jumped out of his window, and rushed toward Dio's office.

He landed on the ground with a small thud and stealthy fled from the landing place to avoid being caught. With his speed, which was further enhanced by Hamon, he appeared to be a blur as he made his way toward Dio's office. He had to jump roofs to not be slowed down and it finally took him an hour to reach the destination.

From a hidden bush, he examined the location to sneak into the office without being detected stealthy. Looking at how tightly this place was guarded, he thought, 'Sure enough! This feels weird how this place is tightly guarded. Did Dio use the Stone Mask already, so he wanted to avoid the sun as much as possible, so he increased the guard for sure?'

With a little difficulty, he was able finally able to reach the office window as he opened the window slowly and waited cautiously before entering.

Not feeling any danger, he slowly listened carefully for any breathing or movement that might be there. As he attached his eyes to the wall, he heard a muffled noise. It was as if someone was captured and tied such that he cannot make any sound.

Jonathan took a deep breath and entered the room. He knew that this is definitely a trap and Dio knew his weakness, so he captured some people. With anger, he entered the room only to be astonished by what he saw.

---

(During the Morning time)

Dio lusciously enjoyed the high-quality wine as he watched the sunlight shine in mild irritation. He knew that if Jonathan decided to confront him at this time, he as well accept defeat and go down the path of a goody guy than burn himself in the sun just because of some pride.

Yes, he does have pride, but it doesn't mean that he will care about pride when facing death. It is better to be alive while achieving his dream rather than dying even before he started to take steps toward his dream. And pride is not something that will help him in his journey. Why would he be ignorant and arrogant while facing enemies that can kill him?

With a sign, he felt the wine calming down his tensed muscles. He had been stressed about Jonathan being suddenly reborn, but now calmly thinking about the situation, he felt that it was not such a tense situation that he will surely be killed.

Even if he will be defeated, he will accept defeat and will ask Jonathan to spare him. Surely he might be captured and even confined for several until Jonathan is sure that he would have changed. What he feared the most is Jonathan having some kind of cheat like those in novels that he once read...

Signing again, he looked at his side as the door was knocked. Dio replied, "Enter."

Wang Chan entered the room with an excited smile. "Master, all the plans are completed! I have captured a family that meets all the requirements of the list that Dio-sama has given me beforehand. A family who is from the countryside, have seen the reality, loves and cares for each other, and have a lot of distrust toward nobles."

"Hn. Let them understand what they need to do if they don't want anyone to die... "

With a short confirmation, Dio drank all the wine in the glass, loosen his tie, and stood up and walked toward the horse carriage that was prepared for traveling to a secret location.

"As you wish, Dio-sama!"

Wang Chan felt happy! This is one of the times when he felt useful to his master. After the arrival of Speedwagon, most of the business was dropped to him, while Wang Chan felt a bit crisis of in his position. Thankfully, from what he noticed, Speedwagon is a good person. So all the dark work will be handed up to him. In this way, he will still be useful to his Master.

A silly smile formed on his face as he followed his master. What he didn't know was that his action lower the trust issues that Dio had, as he was observing Wang Chan's actions. He had been guarded by almost everyone because of the trust issues he had. Unknowingly a small smile formed on his face.

'After all, having someone who you can trust is not a bad thing... I just hope that I don't get attached to people. I don't know whether I will have to leave all these guys to return to my previous world...'

Dio soon returned to his emotionless face as he entered the Horse carriage followed by Wang Chan who also bought an exquisite box made out of solid metal which cannot be opened until or unless the code is arranged in the correct order.

Dio took the box from Wang Chan and opened the box, revealing The Stone Mask. He carried the surface of the mask. 

---

(Time when Jonathan entered the room)

Jonathan took a deep breath and entered the room. He knew that this is definitely a trap and Dio knew his weakness, so he captured some people. With anger, he entered the room only to be astonished by what he saw.

Then the whole room was empty, covered by darkness but, in the middle of the room, a man was tied tightly to a chair. His mouth was covered and filled with clothes and he was tied tightly such that he couldn't move a single inch of his body part. He could only wait for the person that 'They' mentioned and do what 'They' asked in order to save his family.

When he heard the window open, he knew the person he waiting for has arrived. He desperately tried to cause noise to attract his attention and get out of the mess that he was in. He was not able to control himself and tears flowed from his eyes. A few hours ago he was enjoying his breakfast with his lovely wife and daughter, and the next second, he was kidnapped and was ordered to complete the tasks that they gave him otherwise they threatened the life of his family.

On the other hand, Jonathan soon recovered and quick quickly freed him. When he was freed, he quickly kneeled in front of Jonathan and begged Jonathan, "Sir! Please! Please save m-my family from 'them'! They will kill my wife and daughter!"

Jonathan quickly forced the man to stand up and used Hamon to calm his feelings of the man and asked, "What is your name sir? Tell me what they told you. And what is the situation? I will try my best to save your family."

"Sir, My name is Jonny Burn. Today I was enjoying my breakfast when suddenly a group of people dressed in dark clothes kidnapped us. After that I was unconscious so I don't know many details of what happened to my family. But after I woke up, I saw a short man standing in front of me. He told me that I must follow their instructions if I don't want to hurt my family."

"I am sorry!"

He then again kneeled in front of Jonathan and held Jonathan's leg. And before Jonathan could force his back to stand up, he suddenly felt a sharp pain on the backside of his left leg. He quickly kicked Jonny enough to distance himself and not hurt him seriously while he examined his wound.

The wound was deep. Although he might be able to heal it in a day or two, since he had only recently started to train his body with body, his body was not tight and strong enough to resist the sharp knife.

The wound was deep and it was directly on his tendon directly. Jonathan was able to keep standing barely because of Hamon and his experience. Jonathan used his Hamon to stop the bleeding and wrapped a cloth around the part of the tendon which was damaged. This means that he will not be able to use his legs perfectly. His speed will be slow and he might not be able to use his left leg.

He then looked toward Jonny who was shaking in fear as tears flowed from his eyes. He noticed a small knife hidden in his sleeve which he dropped in shock. He was shaken and was repeating "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" again and again. This was probably the first time that he had hurt someone seriously and saw so much blood.

Jonathan signed in defeat. He didn't blame Jonny. He knew that Jonny was just following the orders of Dio. He could only act cautiously in front of Jonny and ask about the situation.

Jonny didn't speak anything that revealed Dio's location. He was instructed that if Jonathan arrived at that location before dusk, he will lose his loved ones. Jonathan could only frown and understood the situation, so he quickly seated himself on the chair where Jonny was tied and started to use Hamon to heal his leg as much as he could.

==========

A/N: Guys don't forget to comment! It gives me motivation! I don't care much about stones, flood the comments!! *Ahem* Don't spam messages, just write something that you liked or ask any questions! This makes me feel motivated.

Also, you might be confused about why Jonathan was not able to react to the attack.

This was because he felt that Jonny's task was only to complete the things that were ordered to him. He was instructed on how to act and what to do after he met Jonathan. On the other hand, Jonathan was not expecting that attack. Although Dio used to use vile means, he has never experienced things at this petty level of forcing a guy to act and hurt. DIO was very prideful in the first and third parts which led to his downfall, but our Dio is not just anybody. He is very cautious.

MC will not leave any chance to lower Jonathan's power as much as he can.

4