Chapter 3. The End And The Beginning. (III)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bullet is fired from the barrel of Yod's Energia gun.

All the other soldiers were surprised as they looked in Yod's direction. Ruan heard the shot clearly.

"This is it. I'm dead. All my life, to get to this moment. How pathetic." Ruan thought as he shielded his head with one hand and the other extended open towards the direction the bullet was fired from.

The bullet hit Ruan's shoulder and broke into pieces.

Ruan remained crouched on the floor unharmed.

The soldiers were stunned. None of them dared to utter a word.

Ruan's eyes opened wide as he looks at the floor.

"He... he missed!" he thought to himself.

Terrified, Yod looked at him in horror.

"You've lost your mind! You could have killed me!!! Please!!! Stop him! Please! I'm not against you!" Ruan shouted to the other soldiers as he waved his hands in panic, trying to explain with his body what his words couldn't convey.

"You have no reason to attack me! Just arrest me and that's it! I don't care what you do with me! I don't care where you take me! Just please! Please! I'm begging you from the bottom of my soul, don't kill me!!!" Ruan shouted towards the shooting soldier.

But soon, Ruan saw the look on the Yod's face.

His gaze hit Ruan like a powerful punch to the face.

He looked like he was daydreaming.

Detached.

Ruan looked at the other soldiers. Their looks were just as much scared and afraid. Lost and frozen in space.

"It's… useless." Ruan thought to himself as he looked at their faces. " They are completely obdurate … No matter what I say, no matter what I do… I will die here... This is exactly like the story of my whole life all over again.

These soldiers are just like the rest.

Like the kids at school.

Like the bullies on the streets or at work.

Just like Society.

They claimed I was the violent one. They claimed I was the dangerous one... Me?! Violent?! That's a lie! I've always been the victim!

Always. All my life, nothing came easy.

Everything I had, I had to work for. Work Hard. All my life I've had to fight. Fight for who I am. Fight for my place. But, it was a battle I could never win.” he cried desperately in his mind.

"They never wanted to listen... they never wanted to understand.

Just like here. They don't listen to me. They don't try to understand me. If I die by them, nobody will care. They won't be judged for it. They will find a reason to cover the event and move on. Maybe the news will appear in the paper one day, and that's it. They'll move on with their lives, and I'll be forgotten.

 Just like Grandpa, and everyone who came before me and didn't fit their conditions.

I have no way out. It's a broken game with no way to win. I'm at a dead end." Ruan thought to himself with a shocked look on his face, accepting his fate.

He stopped moving. He stopped talking. He stopped trying to make them understand him.

Ruan surrendering to himself gave the other soldiers enough time to recover. But, before they could bat an eyelid, a volley of shots froze them in place again.

Yod began firing bullets in a long and loud burst.

"Monster! Monster!!!" Yod screamed at Ruan in terror.

Ruan closed his eyes again in fear when the bullets were fired in his direction.

The first burst lasted a few seconds, the bullets flew toward Ruan and hit his surroundings. Pieces of glass and metal from the lab floor tossed at Ruan along with the Energia bullets shot from Yod's rifle as they hit Ruan. Some of them also hit Ruan.

But, instead of the bullets penetrating his body, they broke into pieces on contact with him and their fragments blew around the room.

Yod got tired after the long hail of bullets and started breathing heavily. Similar to the police one, the military Energia rifle did not need to be loaded. It would simply operate on the basis of the Energia of its user, converting it to explosive power and the bullet shaped Energia that was being shot from it.

After a few seconds of complete silence, Ruan opened his eyes again.

Yod noticed it scared and panicked, and quickly exerted himself to shoot another long bunch of bullets towards Ruan.

Ruan closed his eyes once again out of instinct, but after a second, he focused and opened one eye. "What is this feeling?" Ruan asked himself.

He looked forward and saw that the bullets did not affect him. They do not cut him. Do not penetrate his body. He suddenly felt the stone in the center of his chest and understood.

"I can feel it... the Energia...!" he opened his eyes wide in surprise. "For the first time in my life, I can really feel it! Clearly as day light! I can feel it as if it were mine!" he wondered.

Purple Energia glow began to surround his body. he got up from the floor and walked towards Yod.

Yod let out a panicked shriek and quickly jumped back. Frightened, he stumbled and fell, trying to drag himself backwards while keeping his eyes on Ruan, until he got stuck at the wall of the building. All the other soldiers stepped back in fear. Ruan continued to walk towards Yod as he was burning with purple Energia while he glares at the floor. When he stood over Yod, Yod looked at him and saw his eyes.

The fury in his eyes shone like the core of a planet.

One could see in them pure anger and murderous lust, the likes of which he had never seen before.

Yod cried out in fear, "Please… Please!!" he shouted as he tries to push Ruan away with his hands. Ruan concentrated on Yod's Energia, bringing his hand closer to his head. The commander of the soldiers came to his senses and shouted at Ruan to get away from him. The rest of the soldiers joined him quickly after as they screamed at him to get away from Yod with the points of their weapons.

Yod cried and ranted, but was unable to push Ruan away from him. "Please! please!!!" he cried out for help as he reached out to his commander when Ruan's hand touched him.

Another breeze.

0