Prologue: Chapter 4. The Spirits (III)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This case was 20 years ago," said a male voice in a dark room. "It was the first case in modern history where a human came into contact with them. Humanity has forgotten about them.

Our eternal foes.

Over tens of thousands of years have passed since the last person encountered them.Following their disappearance and through technological progress, humanity entered a place it thought was safe.So many boys and girls today are busy with their looks, games, and leisure, that they have forgotten the true basis of reality.

Survival.

In their defense, it was hard to believe it wasn't over. But suddenly, they came back. From the beginning of time, we have been at war with them. And now, they're back.” The man announced as he scratched his short beard.

"These creatures are ancient creatures called 'Spirits'," said the man as his bright eyes sparkled from the dim lamplight in the dark space.

"To the rest of humanity, they are a mystery. But, in our books, it is clearly stated what they are, where they come from, and what they want" he said confidently.

"For years, no one believed us. We were mocked by others. They thought we were crazy... mentally ill. But now, they see that we were the ones who knew the truth all along." He said with a cocky smile.

"It all started hundreds of thousands years ago, with Millua." He began the story with his hands on the table laden with old papers, the only one in the room.

"Millua was the first human that ever lived.

He was the most powerful and intelligent being that ever existed. That still exists - because he is immortal.

In those days, he did not grow old or weak. He was unequivocal and his power was unquestionable. The entire universe was in the palm of his hand.

Millua had a particularly powerful tool, called the "The fountain of everything". The fountain of everything was a powerful ray of light that came out of the ground and would reach beyond the sky.

When Millua wanted to create something, all he had to do was step into the fountain and ask for what his mind desired. In front of his eyes, it would appear as he desired.

This is how we were created.

Millua used the fountain of everything to create us. To bless us with the gift of life.

When this happened, not only did we come into life, but we received another gift from Millua. Millua gave up some of his power and shared it with us. He blessed us with his inner strength. A power that can be found today in everyone. A power that is unique to each and every one of us. This force, as we call it today, is "Energia".

In addition, he shared with us the secrets to the fountain of everything.

Until then, Millua was the only one who used it. But he decided to share it with us so that we can use it for our desires as well. The fountain of everything is an external and infinitely powerful tool. So powerful, that we can use it to create anything we desire, without any effort at all.

But it has an important basic principle.

It can only create.

It can only add, either to existing material or create new material. It cannot eliminate an existing part of our reality.

After continuous use of the fountain of everything, it closes and the white beam of light that shoots into the sky disappears because its power is not unlimited.

Therefore, in order to renew its power, there were rules and regulations that Millua passed on to us that were designed to refill the fountain faster so that we could use it again sooner.

Humans wrote down these laws and rules in a book and passed it down to this very day.

The fountain of everything It is a powerful tool, but limited in its use, therefore, it should be used with caution.

In that period of peace, humans used the fountain of everything for whatever their soul desired. Meat. Wine. Silver, gold and every little thing imaginable. Humans could use the fountain of everything to create anything they wanted.

For decades, humans have lived peacefully beside Millua. There was no death. There was no suffering. Until... until that event." The voice got annoyed and got up from his desk, pacing the darkroom back and forth.

"Jealousy... greed... curiosity... even admiration...call it what you will. It doesn't matter. In a perfect world, this shouldn't have happened." He stated angrily.

"A man entered into the fountain of everything, and sought to become Millua himself." said the figure, and his anger reflected from the pupils of his fired eyes.

"As a result, his eyes became black. Horns grew on his head and his teeth sharpened and became razor sharp. An additional pair of hands grew from the sides of his body, and he grew double in size to become a deformed, terrifying, and an extremely powerful entity called "Zed".

From that moment, the fountain of everything was instantly closed, never to be opened again.

The humans noticed what was happening immediately, and alerted Millua about it. In a flash, a fight between them broke out.

Flying in the world, they fought for days. Destroying everything in their path. Each of their blows created an explosion the size of which could wipe out an entire city in an instant.

After a long battle, they realized that if they continued like this, they would destroy everything. No matter how much they keep fighting, they will be equal. The fountain of everything made them equal.

The only way in which they could break even was with the help of the power of humans.

Each of them asked for our help.

Millua reminded the humans of all the goodness he shared with them. He asked for their power so that he could eliminate the evil creature and bring back the life they were used to.

"Wait!" Zed suddenly shouted. "He's not telling you the truth," he claimed.

As so, Zed suggested to the humans an exciting and spectacular start.

"A world where no one has to follow the rules and regulations to fill the fountain of everything," Zed promised with a malicious smile.

Zed claimed that Millua is the one who controls the fountain, using all human effort to fill it faster in order to gain power. Without him, they could use the fountain of everything without any restriction. Anytime. All the time. without any rules. without any effort.

For eternity.

Anyone can be a king. Everyone can have everything they want. "True and absolute freedom." Zed concluded his words.

For the first time ever, humans have questioned Millua. And for the first time, humans had a choice to choose." Said the man in the room as he spread his hands wide open. "On one hand, their familiar and stable life alongside Millua, and on the other hand, a new and unknown future alongside Zed.

0