Chapter 007: Golden Heart
229 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Captain Adkin, Captain Adkin...... " an ensign with a scowl on his face ran to the meeting room door to inform.

At this moment, the captain, who is sitting alone at the table, staring at the map on the table with a serious face, slowly looks up: "Ensign Feldman, I hope you will always pay attention to your words and actions. As an ensign, I hope you will always show a calm and composed face in the eyes of the people! "

"Yes! " Feldman saluted with a mortified face, then said solemnly, "Captain Adkin, we found traces of the Giant Rhino Pirates on the shore of the island ahead, and all of their ships anchor on the coast edge line. "

"Is the island inhabited?"

"There's a town called Fallen Leaf that is located on that island."

Captain Adkin's face was instantly serious, and he asked in a stern voice: "Can you see fire or...... the smell of smoke coming from the sea breeze on the island now?"

Startled by Captain Adkin's harsh words, Feldman hastened to say, "No... we found nothing."

"Giant Rhino Alex is cruel and suspicious. If the massacre is finished, he certainly won't stay on the island. You have not seen the gunshots, indicating that he is also likely to land soon...or has taken the islanders hostage to prepare negotiations with us."

Captain Adkin seemed a bit more relaxed, "Anyway, this is way better than him causing another tragedy."

"Ensign Feldman......"

"Yes!"

"Transmit my orders immediately, raise the sails to their limits and go to this island as quickly as possible!"

..............……

In the city, many townspeople brought their 'war loot' to their homes one by one. Suddenly, some little kids with snotty noses came running on their short legs, calling out loudly while they were running:

"It's not good, it's not good, there are...... many more big ships coming over the sea!"

As the words fell, the crowd instantly stirred.

"What? Are there pirates attacking again?"

"Shit! Is it possible those pirates have eyes on our loot?"

"Damn, we will fight them. Now we have a weapon by hand and even disassembled some cannon from the ship. Without paying an enormous price, even pirates can't take advantage of us."

Due to the experience of repelling pirates many times over the past three years, residents of the city are not as fearful of pirates as the average city. As long as it is not the notorious pirates such as the Giant Rhino pirates who are great pirates, they dare to fight with one.

..................……

"What did you say? All the pirates of the Giant Rhino have been destroyed? Even the Giant Rhino Alex is dead in your hands?" Captain Adkin's eyes have widened. He almost suspects that the kind-eyed older man in front of him is a spy sent by Alex to confuse them.

Behind Adkin, many of the officers of the Marines are also staring in disbelief. The Giant Rhino Pirates, who have repeatedly escaped from them, were destroyed in an ordinary town. These things just seem weirder than fairy tales.

"Huh? No, you misunderstood!" The mayor was the first time to see a high-ranking officer, such as the captain of the Marines. For a while, he seems a bit overwhelmed and eager to explain, "It is possible to defeat the Giant Rhino pirates, mainly because of Longinus, we..."

"Ahhhhh! Damn pirates, I'll fight you......"

When both spoke, a large group of townspeople rushed out of town with guns kept high. They were a little taken aback to see this peaceful scene. These people wore uniforms that seemed like the Marines, didn't they?

"Abominable pirates, quickly release grandpa mayor..." several children who had not yet understood the situation cried out oddly and rushed.

"How many of you little bastards who are messing with the news? He is not a pirate...... he is in the Marine!" There are bright-eyed townspeople who took them by the hand and explained awkwardly.

"Eh? Is that the same Marine that Longinus joined at sea? Then are they one of us?"

The young boy immediately complained: "So what we said before clearly is that many large ships are coming. It is your own words that there are pirates......"

When several people think about it, it seems to be really like this. There is some embarrassment on their faces, and they are annoyed and slapped on the ass of several little children, "Children don't say nonsense."

"Big brother Longinus said, violence cannot resolve the problem, justice will eventually hold..."

The passionate upheaval of some children eventually resulted in violent repression.

Slap, Slap, Slap!

"Justice will end up on the dictator's side...," whispered a few little kids rubbing their asses.

Captain Adkin watched the scene in front of him with amusement and was interested in the Longinus they kept mentioning. A young man that could defeat Giant Rhino Alex and whose heart is for justice is too rare.

"The guy who beats the Giant Rhino Alex is the Longinus you're talking about? Can you tell me something about him?"

When they heard Adkin mentions Longinus, the surrounding scouts immediately sensed that this stately Marine was not so frightening and rushed to talk about it.

"I'll start, I'll start. Longinus came here three years ago because he was shipwrecked. For this reason, Big Brother Longinus helped us to defend ourselves from dozens of invasions of pirates, large and small, during these three years. "

"Well then, that fierce big bald guy yesterday is not a match for big brother Longinus. Big brother Longinus is the protector of our Fallen Leaf Town!"

In the same story, Adkin is shocked while forcing himself to accept the seemingly absurd conclusion that the Giant Rhino Pirates, who had escaped the Marine many times, were finally destroyed at the hands of a young boy who had not yet embarked on the sea.

"Longinus...... is he a Devil Fruit ability user?"

The townspeople looked at each other, not really sure of the meaning of Adkin's words.

After seeing this situation, Adkin's mind is clear. With this kind of isolated island, it is normal not to know the rumors of Devil Fruit, so he asked differently: "Longinus...... can he swim in the sea?"

"Of course!" The townspeople looked at Adkin with strange eyes and slandered in their thoughts that a few of the men on the beach were not able to swim.

This Marine is not a fool!

And those boys who are young are even more coaxing, "Big brother Longinus will dive into the deep sea every day to train and catch a sea king for everyone for food!"

"Catch a sea king while training?" The corners of the lieutenant's mouth that followed Adkin twitched. If it is on the surface of the sea is fine, but wants to kill the sea king in the deep sea, the Commodore may not be able to do it.

Seeing that the inhabitants are robust and healthy, there is even a surge of envy in the minds of certain officers of the Marines.

One should know that as the hegemon of the sea, not to mention the delicious meat is rich in abundant life energy. Long-term intake can basically strengthen the body, which is the top ingredient in the sea.

The highest ranking of them, Captain Adkin, can only eat once or twice when he returns to the Marine Headquarters to report, but listening to these townspeople, they seem to be able to eat fresh sea kings every day, which simply makes them jealous to crazy.

"The meat of the sea king is truly delicious. It's too bad that after three years of continuous eating, although the food is delicious, I'm also a little tired of eating it." Some townspeople said with a sigh.

"When Longinus is gone, we can finally change our tastes." said Baki, ignoring the murderous gaze of the Marine and unaware of it.

Captain Adkin tried to calm his restless mind and asked calmly, "According to what you say, is he going to join the marine?"

"Yes, I heard from big brother Longinus that he seems to have gone to the Marine 'Chicken' branch to join the World Military Draft."

"It's the Marine G-2 branch." Adkin first corrected the other party before muttering, "To be able to defeat the Giant Rhino Alex by relying on pure physique, his strength is already no less than that of an ordinary lieutenant commander. If he can get an education at headquarters, he could become a rear admiral or even a vice-admiral. No, I need to quickly get back to the G-2 branch and get him back before someone else does."

In Chinese, G2 is pronounced "Jì èr", but this child said "Jī er", which means chicken.

Seeing that Adkin seems to have the intention to leave, the mayor hastened to say: "This...... sir, can we trade the head of the giant rhino Alex for a bounty?"

Adkin, still shaken: "This boy...... actually left the head worth 37 million bellies for you?"

"Well, yes, Big Brother Longinus said he wasn't interested in money, he didn't touch it."

"Alas! That young boy by the name of Longinus... really has a golden heart!"

10