Chapter 014: Reach Out
165 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That said, I was torn for a moment at first because among the information given by Captain Adkin there was mention that Longinus might be a 17 or 18 year old."

Longinus was stunned for a moment and soon understood: "Perhaps I have become more old-fashioned. Those who are older in the town also like to call me big brother, but Rear Admiral Jonathan, how did you confirm my identity? Just because of my name?"

"Of course not, the kind of speed and strength you just showed is something that even some of the captains of the headquarters who have mastered the physical skills may not be able to achieve. I think it is still impossible for two strong people of the same name to appear in this part of our sea within such a short period of time."

Jonathan said in his thoughts: 'Even for me, in the premise of not using the Rokushiki - Tekkai (Six Powers - Iron Body) or Busoshoku Haki (Color of Arms Haki), it is impossible to catch a bullet using the body within such a short distance, do the marine finally have to produce a physical monster like Kaido or BIG-MOM?"

Garp also bleeds by a sneak attack by Morgan, which means he is not as strong as Kaido or BIG-MOM with a steel body.

"I am still not as good as Vice Admiral Garp and Admiral Zephyr, and I must always sharpen myself with the idea of justice." Longinus shows a desire concerning the marine in due course.

Jonathan was stunned and then laughed loudly: "Hahaha! You are aiming for an admiral? Very good, young people should have that, such ambitious ideals and aspirations. I hope that the next time we meet again, you are still keeping your faith and keep on working hard to carry out justice."

After saying that, Rear Admiral Jonathan did not continue to stay but left slowly with the squad of marines behind him.

The crowd also gradually dispersed, but the craze did not subside, and legends about the two men were quietly building.

At that moment, the little girl stepped aside and looked at the two with shining eyes, handing the nearly withered flower she was clutching to her chest to T-Bone's hand with a clear, soft voice.

"Uncle Bone, big brother Longinus, thank you for saving me, I'm gifting these flowers to...... ouch! Already crumbled?"

Seeing that little girl sobbing pitifully, T-Bone said somewhat helplessly: "How much is the matter with you......? Did I accidentally crush you somewhere just now?"

Longinus bent down, put his palm on the little girl's head, and said gently as a gentle breeze: "I love your gift, which contains thanks and your love from tears. It's the most valuable gift I've received this year!"

"Really...... did you really?" The little girl stopped crying, and her eyes shone with starlight.

"Of course it's true, you should go home, your family is probably anxiously looking for you!"

"Mmmmmm!" The little girl nodded, "Big brother Longinus, Uncle Bone, thank you for saving me. You're all the kindest people in the world!"

Seeing the little girl bouncing and smiling away, Bone had a demented smile on his face, and he might have been arrested as a pervert if he had been placed in that other world.

Only after a long time, Bone woke up from his demented state, holding the crumpled bouquet of flowers tightly in his hands, and asked stammeringly to Longinus: "I don't...... sorry, can this bouquet of flowers...... be left to me? I...... don't have much money, but I will definitely try to earn money to compensate you."

"Of course you can, no need to be so polite, this would have been a gift from the little one to you, if it wasn't for you, it wouldn't have lasted the moment I was on the scene." Longinus smiled casually.

"Brother Longinus, thank you, you are really a godsend!" Bone cherished and carefully put away the bouquet and said with satisfaction: "The third one, I finally received the third gift of my life!"

As he listened to T-Bone's heartbreaking words, Longinus understood somewhat why he insisted on his belief in becoming a Marine.

People like Bone with a nasty or wicked face; even if he does more good, it's hard to erase the instinctive hate of most people.

From what he did today, he usually helps not few people, however...... people who really give him gifts to show gratitude, plus the little girl today is only three, it is difficult to imagine what kind of pain he usually endures.

Because of this, he is eager to become a marine, even beaten by those trash characters, and did not dare to resist. He was hoping that the moment he put on the coat of justice, he could be received and accepted by more people.

Longinus knows from very early on that the world is never fair, and people like T-Bone, who put in ten times more effort than others, can hardly have one-tenth of the rewards of others is the best proof of this.

"Let's make a new introduction, my name is Longinus, I am 12 years old and come from the Fallen Leaf Town which is on the Grand Line." Longinus said with a gentle smile on his face and clarity in his heart. People with low self-esteem and kindness like T-Bone need only give some light to be rewarded for having a pure heart.

"My...... my name is T-Bone, I am now 19 years old, and I am a native of Hundred Leaf Town in the South Blue." T-Bone looked a little bit terrified, someone like Longinus, who is powerful and confident and shines brightly, is born to be the focus of the world's attention, and someone like him, who is unpopular, should simply be in another world.

Longinus, slightly stunned by this guy's appearance, can really...... appear old. He would not have been surprised if he said he was 39 years old.

The good thing is that with Longinus's ability to manage his mind, he was not so rude as to show any rude look and soon gave a warm welcome.

"The South Blue? That's a fantastic sea with many bright and weird rumors passing around, have you heard that even legendary creatures like griffins have appeared in your area?"

When Longinus mentioned his hometown, T-Bone suddenly felt that the other side was much closer. It broke the inferior's illusory divide, and he responded with enthusiasm and familiarity.

"Do you also know the legend of the griffin? At that time, that griffin appeared near my hometown, and I even saw it once with my own eyes, it was only a pity that it was later captured by the extremely powerful pirates, and I heard that it became their private collection."

"Forget about these spoilers." Longinus shook his head and asked, "Bone, are you also planning to sign up in two days?"

"Yes, but I do not have the same ambitious ideals as you, Longinus, I just want to be able to become a marine, I want to be able to guard the smile on everyone's face, to be accepted and respected by everyone!" Bone said shyly but firmly.

"In that case, let's go together in two days, we are not familiar with this place, and it is good for two people to have company together."

"Is it really...... really okay?"

"Of course, having fought side by side, we should be considered friends!"

"Friends......," Bone muttered, which had never been more than a luxury for him.

T-Bone, who appeared to be in his thirties or forties, actually cried like a small child with his hands and feet, "Brother Longinus, thank you!"

5