Chapter 023: Commodore of the Marine and General of the Kingdom
140 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the vast sea, a line of warships lined up. The ships are strong. They are easily crushed after stopping a bunch of pirates on the route, the pirate's ships watching from afar scattered and fled, but the warships have no idea of chasing those small pirates, just quietly cruising.

"I heard that Gregory and the others even volunteered to ask you for two days of special training!" Commodore Adkin made a boastful expression on his face as he faced the sea breeze.

"They were a little worried and afraid that their strength would not be able to keep up with the progress level of the boot camp, so they overcame the fear in their minds to seek my help."

"That is really a tragic story, as your kind of crazy exercise was even scared by Vice Admiral Kizaru." Adkin shrugged to express silence, "I really do not understand sometimes, why you are so desperate, with your talent sooner or later you can grow into a monster like Vice Admiral Kizaru."

"Who knows? Maybe I have a crazy monster like that living in my soul!"

"Haha, that's not a funny joke at all!"

……

The bustling coastal port is full of large ships and busy workers, but the widest section is to be left out. There are a large number of kingdom guards in this security, so many of the merchant ships often stop here to watch, muttering in their thoughts about what is the big shot to enable the kingdom's politicians to make such a big deal.

"Hina is so disappointed. Is big brother Longinus and the others still not here?" A cleanly dressed Hina still can not hide her freshness is undoubtedly the most beautiful scenery on the port. If not for her father, who is a powerful and a daughter-con in the kingdom, there would be people who can not hold back their temptation to go up and talk.

"This wouldn't be a long wait, didn't you just go to the Marine G-2 branch three months ago to meet little brother Longinus?" Louis teased.

If another person had been given this same treatment, Louis would have raged.

But he is grateful to Longinus, who saved his ship two years ago, plus he has been following the other side's progress over the past two years and is even more optimistic about Longinus' integrity and character, at least in terms of becoming friends, which he will not stop.

After all, under his strong presence, Hina has not had many friends until now, and he is ashamed of himself every time he thinks about it.

"Dad~," Hina said in a long, disgruntled voice, "How dare you say that it's been three months since you took Hina to the G-2 branch, okay!"

"Isn't dad busy? You should know that these months are busy with war and battle......"

"I remember two years ago when you said, Dad, that you were crushed by that bunch of pirates because you were not good at sea battles......"

"Cough cough, that time can not be counted as a defeat, at most is considered to be at a slight stalemate, at that time, as long as you give me another half a day, will be able to turn the situation around." The old face Louis reddened and said with certainty.

"Those pirates' weapons and supplies are definitely not as good as your fleet, not to mention half a day, as long as they wait until they run out of shells, the situation can naturally be turned around, but the problem is that you can hold out until that time is strange, Dad." Hina whispered and muttered.

"The battlefield is changing rapidly, and no one can say anything about war." Louis argued stoutly.

"Well, leave the naval war aside for now." Hina sighed like an adult. It seems to be in anger, "but the last time big brother Longinus pacified the war in the Kingdom of Hughes, it didn't take a month, and Dad, you have been fighting this war for more than three months, and finally still have to rely on the Marine to mediate the dispute, so you don't have time is entirely dad's own problem!

"Cough, this this this......" Louis had his head as big as a bucket, only to feel his dignity shattered by the cruel reality. He immediately changed the subject after glancing at a fleet of lights in the corner of his eyes, "Eh! Look, it's the marines. It should be the warships of Longinus and his men!"

Hina really stopped tearing at the scars of her dad's dignity but stood on her tiptoes and looked away: "I see it, I see it, it's big brother Longinus standing at the front of the deck!"

"Huff! I didn't expect to have to rely on Longinus to save the day!" In his mind, Louis was inexplicably sad and hurriedly restored a general's prestige and shouted: "All of you, don't let the honorable guests from the Marine see the joke!"

The warships kept approaching with tall and imposing flooded with the cold light of the steel beast so that many dock workers watching from afar were shocked and fell off the hands of goods and ordinary people who had never been out of the sea in their lives, is indeed no less than a spiritual baptism.

Louis can't help but feel that if he had this kind of warship two years ago, even if his army was not good at naval warfare, it could have been crushed by raw power.

On the main ship, the Commodore, wearing the coat of justice, walked in the forefront, followed by Longinus with a gentle smile.

Louis took a big step to meet him. While his mind was also shocked, it seems that he still underestimated the position of Longinus in the Marine. Those other naval forces with higher ranks even took the initiative to step aside in order to highlight the dominant role of Longinus in this operation, and even though their faces are not seen any resentful look, they could see that Longinus had conquered half of the naval base in these two years.

"Commodore Adkin, if you will kindly come with me, His Majesty the King has set up a banquet in the palace."

"You are General Louis, the protector of the Kingdom of Hisca, aren't you? I'm really bothering you."

"Haha! In front of Commodore Adkin, how dare I call myself a protector of anything, this is too much of praise for me."

Longinus, who followed behind the two, was slightly speechless, a commodore and a general, unaware of the thought that General Louis was the one who was in charge.

But in fact, the Commodore under the Marine Headquarters, which is higher compared to the general of a Kingdom on the Grand Line until now, and the king of these countries will not have any disrespect when dealing with the Commodore.

Although, as a member of the World Government, the status of those kings is higher, one should know that the Marine secures the peace of the sea. In case of offending the Commodore, it will likely encounter special treatment in the future.

Other than that, as long as rumors of poor naval supervision in these seas, those sea hyenas will be eager to come up and tear off a few pieces of meat.

And this kind of thing, even if you report to the World Government also not helpful. Blaming each other will only be the result of the end.

There have been some countries that do not take the marine forces seriously. Those countries have not long become the paradise of pirates, but also because of those pirates, the domestic economy is deteriorating, and soon because they can not pay the Heavenly Tribute are expelled from the ranks of the member states, and finally, because of the increasingly rampant pirates destroyed the country.

Because of this, Louis did not stop Hina's idea of joining the Marines. No matter what world she is in, the truth is that it is always good to have a backbone.

4