Chapter 038: A Fateful Encounter
105 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A simple promise restored the reputation of the Arabasta royal family in the marine force to its peak. It made King Hisca and King Crete look at it with enthusiasm, thinking that they must follow in the footsteps of Lieutenant Commander Longinus in the future. They also had the chance to be involved, so an award ceremony that did not have much attention turned into an influential joint award of the three countries. They even sent a personal call to consult the details of the G-2 branch.

In the Hero Square of the Kingdom of Hisca, the people have long gathered here to watch the ceremony, and the reporters of the major newspapers have gathered here like sharks who smell blood.

Due to the former King Arabasta and King Azka scandal, this time, the official release of the situation is only the Black Cloth Pirates trying to destroy the peace, attempting to kill the royal family of the four countries at the peace conference. Two kings were even attacked and killed, but in time the Marine Hero Lieutenant Commander Longinus found and stopped the plot of the pirates, which ended the disaster out of sight.

This story involving war and peace, pirates and marines, conspiracy, and justice is always well received by the public, not to mention the death of two kings, which makes the public and journalists go crazy for it.

When he saw this, King Hisca could not help but smile. Sitting on the two largest port cities of Sandy Island, Hisca's wealth is beyond the imagination of ordinary countries. In terms of international influence, the capital of their kingdom is not even as famous as those two port cities.

Because of this, he will be more thirsty for international recognition. This joint award ceremony of the three countries held in the Kingdom of Hisca is undoubtedly the best chance to make a name for himself, which is why he spared no effort to organize and strive to make this event as good as possible.

...........................……

 

"How long do we have to wait? I begged my father to dock the merchant ship here especially to see Lieutenant Commander Longinus." A brightly dressed young girl in the crowd said impatiently.

"Well yeah, although these marines are indeed admirable, I'll still choose Lieutenant Commander Longinus!" A beautiful ponytail girl nodded approvingly and said.

"Eh? Are you all here because of Lieutenant Commander Longinus as well?" A sweet voice sounded behind the two, and the petite young girl was holding a pile of booklets higher than her head.

"Of course, ever since the moment Lieutenant Commander Longinus saved me from the pirates a year ago when I was at my most desperate, I swore that I would follow in the footsteps of the Lieutenant Commander until the end of the world!"

"You...... you were actually rescued from the pirates by Lieutenant Commander Longinus, damn, why am I not so lucky, if only I could have such a bad experience how good it would be!" The ponytail girl said with envy and jealousy.

"Hmph, it was a fateful encounter - if it weren't for the fact that Lieutenant Commander Longinus was a great benefactor to my family, my father would not have agreed to such a request that was destined to cost him a fortune!"

"A year ago? Hold on a second, folks." The petite young girl, who looks soft and weak, let out a cry of surprise. She is surprisingly sluggish, putting the booklet in her hand, directly pushing it to the youth that is watching the show next to her, and then pulling out the topmost booklet and quickly flipping it. "There, it's here, in March 1499 Kaienreki (Age of Kaien), Lieutenant Longinus defeated the Royce Pirates, rescued five merchant ships from the pirates, and left that famous quote."

The petite girl who read this took a deep breath, then, in a subdued tone, chanted, "Speeches and solutions cannot solve the problems which belong to this age...... These problems can only be solved by iron and blood."

"It's like that, it's like that!" The young girl said excitedly, "At that time, Lieutenant Commander Longinus used these words to rebuke those kingdom politicians who asked him not to act excessively, and his strong words are something I can never forget!"

The ponytail girl couldn't help but breathe in and looked at the booklet with immensely warm glances, "Is this...... the legendary 'Longinus Quotations' that recorded Lieutenant Commander Longinus' words and deeds and was only available within a certain secret society?"

"Well yeah, exactly!" The petite girl said mysteriously, "This is the first-hand information that the president of our 'Longinus Fans Club', Miss Hina, personally compiled!"

"Hiss!" Two young girls, whose emotions were excited, said in unison, "How much is it, I'll buy it!"

At the end of the sentence, it seems there was a clash of lightning blasts between the two pairs of eyes that did not give way to each other.

"Don't fight. This booklet is a gift for everyone to support better our Lord Longinus!" The petite girl skillfully handed the two booklets to the two people respectively.

"Thank you, thank you!" The two young girls held the booklet in their hands like a treasure, thirsting for the 'knowledge' in it.

"Hurray! Lord Longinus really has a lot of potential fans. Maybe the quotations I brought today are not necessarily enough!" The petite girl said joyfully, then her expression stiffened, and she looked at someone next to her who she was using as a bookshelf and apologized repeatedly, "Sorry, sorry, I just put it over as soon as I could."

The miserable man used as a bookshelf was quite a bit taller than the young girl, and the large stack of booklets only touched the top of his head, not covering his somewhat worn straw hat.

"Hahahaha, there is no need to be concerned." The man's cheerful laughter came from behind the booklet as if nothing could be taken to his mind.

That said, the young girl still blushed as she took back the booklet, only to find scattered red hair under the straw hat belonging to the man facing her.

"By the way, can I have a copy of this in your hand?"

'Wow! Has the charm of Lieutenant Commander Longinus reached the point where it knows no boundaries between men and women?' The young girl was secretly surprised in her mind. However, she still quickly put herself into action, took out a booklet, delivered it to the other party, and said, "Do you also support Lieutenant Commander Longinus as we do?"

"Huh? Sorry, in fact, I just arrived from the East Blue into Grand Line as a newcomer, I don't know much about the Lieutenant Commander Longinus, I'm just curious when I see you guys admire him so much."

"Ooooh, you should get to know Lieutenant Commander Longinus!" The young girl nodded seriously, "If you can understand the strength behind the words of Lieutenant Commander Longinus, maybe you can also become a Marine Hero like Lieutenant Commander Longinus in the future!"

When the young girl left with the booklet in her arms, the straw hat man rubbed his head awkwardly, "Become a Marine Hero? But, I used to be often chased around with the captain by Marine Hero, is all."

4