Chapter 057: Evaluation of Sengoku
81 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The good thing is that Longinus was not surprised by such a scene and still looked serious, which slightly comforted Sengoku's mind.

"Longinus, tell us the story from your way." In order to prevent Garp again from making any trouble, Warlord also quit the 'noble words' idea and said in simple and concise terms.

Longinus nodded and said with a serious tone, "It was an emergency distress signal I received at that time, and the other party had mentioned the enemy's information and warned us that it was better to save ourselves if we didn't have more than five warships in battle."

Sengoku nodded in satisfaction. There was no need to drag friendly forces down because of the threat. This one is the quality of a marine should be.

Commodore Morgan also cast a grateful glance, which was one of the few shining points of their part in this encounter, and some things would have been more effective if brought up by Longinus than if he had said them.

"Although there is only one warship, I still have a relatively optimistic estimate of my own battle power, and if I can join in, I may be able to have a rather favorable impact on the battle." Longinus continued.

"Therefore, after obtaining the consent of the people on board, I went to the battlefield early with my companion who had the ability to fly, and made sure that the situation could still be salvaged at that time, before asking the soldiers on the warship to start moving through the Den Den Mushi (Transponder Snail)."

"So, I actually only assisted Commodore Morgan in defeating those two pirate captains, and it was G-8 and G-2's heroic soldiers who fought bravely that really made the difference."

Sengoku listened and got happier the more. He has strength, brains, and guts, does not take merit, always considers his subordinates, and is simply the perfect leader.

At least, he was nowhere near this level at Longinus' age.

Before he had a chance to speak, someone else beat him to it again.

"Ahahahaha! Good job, I am optimistic about you! I think, you should not go to Zephyr, come to my ship, let me personally train, to ensure that you will become the strongest Marine King!"

Beware that Longinus, a 'diamond stone' defiled by Garp. Sengoku quickly stopped, "Gimme your senbei. All those things still can not block your mouth?"

Garp said with a 'heartbreaking' face, "I did not expect. I did not expect you, Sengoku. You are actually such a jealous person, afraid that Longinus after I trained, stole your seat of fleet admiral that may belong to you? In this regard, you really should learn more from me and relax. For example, I look forward to having someone else take the title of hero."

"Cough cough......" Sengoku's eyes glazed over, nearly out of breath with anger.

"Huh? It's a nice day. I'm going to get some sun!" Fearing that Sengoku would find himself in trouble, Garp skillfully ran all the way out, which looked a little dumbfounded by Commodore Morgan.

"Phew! Calm down, calm down!" Sengoku forced himself to calm down, then forced his lips to 'smile', "Longinus, you did a good job this time, leading soldiers in a crisis to save comrades, on behalf of the Marine, I decided to award you the Second Class Meritorious Combat Hero Medal. The G-2 branch is awarded a collective Second Class Merit for bravely fighting in spite of the danger, and the G-8 branch is awarded a collective Second Class Merit for persevering without fear of sacrifice. As for you, Commodore Morgan, you will not receive any treatment for your merits and demerits; do you have any objection to this arrangement?"

"There is absolutely nothing. I obey orders." Commodore Morgan said joyfully, he was already satisfied that he didn't have to carry disciplinary action this time, "Thanks to the presence of brother Longinus, but he was also lucky enough to be awarded the Order of Meritorious Combat Hero."

The word 'hero' is not so easy to carry. In addition to having superior strength, merit and a battle record are also essential.

"Then the two of you should leave first, I still have some things to discuss with Vice Admiral Tsuru."

"Yes!"

After seeing the status of Longinus in the eyes of the high-level ranks of the Navy, Commodore Morgan became more enthusiastic. Even his address changed directly, "Brother Longinus, it was thanks to you that you said something good for us, G-8. Otherwise, I would not have gotten through so easily this time. By the way, you should be the first time to the headquarters. I will take you to familiarize yourself with the Marine Headquarters......"

When Longinus and others left, Sengoku looked to the side and asked, "What do you think, little Tsuru?"

"Longinus? From the news coming from the G-2 branch, all officers spoke highly of him. Those base soldiers also regarded him as their idol. Even the kingdoms where he had pacified the war through his hands also praised his ability and character. Even people like Morgan, who had only spent less than a day with him, also recognized him highly."

Vice Admiral Tsuru praised without any hesitation, "If I really have to give an evaluation, it is perfect, such a person can be said to be a natural leader."

"My opinion is the same as yours." Sengoku pulled out a file of information from his desk and flipped through it in detail.

"It is hard to imagine that at the age of 14, he was able to kill a pirate with a bounty of nearly 100 million alone, which is something that Kuzan and the others would have found difficult to do at the same age."

"What's even more remarkable is that his idea of justice is neither as absolute as Sakazuki's nor as lazy as Kuzan's."

"In his narrative, there is never absolute light or darkness in the world; too much sunlight evolves into a merciless flame that burns everything, on the other words, absolute light is absolute darkness."

"His justice is meritorious justice; what makes most people happier is justice. Although this philosophy is somewhat unorthodox, it will probably be the best choice for the current Marine."

"All marines know that the Tenryūbito (Celestial Dragons)...... aka the World Government, they do not represent justice, but we have no other way. Even the worse order is better than the perfect chaos. If you let the world mess up, the resulting bloodshed and sacrifice will be an unimaginable nightmare!"

"So, we need to find the best balance between the two!"

"Meritorious justice? That kind of statement is really unique!" Instead of responding to Sengoku's comment, Vice Admiral Tsuru simply asked curiously, "But from whom did you learn of his views on justice?"

Because Vice Admiral Crane does not respond correctly, Sengoku also abruptly calms down. He is indeed a bit agitated today.

As such, he quickly put those things he shouldn't be thinking about behind him and replied with a smile, "I learned about it from a very interesting thing."

Sengoku raised the booklet in his hand and then consciously handed it over.

Vice Admiral Tsuru took it, looked down at it, and couldn't help but ask, "Longinus Quotations?"

"I brought this from Borsalino, I saw him muttering with this last time he was at the headquarters, and it seems that he also intends to make a book named 'Borsalino's Quotations". It's a pity that this booklet is made by those little girls who idolize Longinus. With his lewd face, it is estimated that there will be no one to help him sort it out in another hundred years."

Thinking of Kizaru's depressed expression at the time, Sengoku could no longer hold back his laughter, "Ahahahaha!"

Vice Admiral Tsuru shook her head and started flipping through it, "Some thought-provoking words indeed, it's rare that he has such insight at such a young age."

"Yeah, this is kinda...... eh? Why are you putting it away?"

"I'm going to use some of it in my recruitment campaign, so what? Do you still want to keep it to make a book of 'Sengoku Quotations', Sengoku?"

"I'm not, I didn't, don't talk nonsense."

4