Chapter 061: Dragon’s Confusion
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the barracks dormitory, it already gathered many people.

Because of Gion's powerful move to defeat Tokikake in the morning, many people associated whether she was planning to defeat the other with the name of the monster, Longinus, so they were calling for friends not to miss the next great show.

Conversely, Gion was frowning, 'Are all these people so boring now? No wonder sister Tsuru said that the ethos of boot camps has been poor in recent terms, and it doesn't seem to be without reason.'

As she was thinking about it, she saw that 14 people came out from the same direction, with an aura of 'willingness to die', which made Gion look stunned and think to herself, 'I came to apologize, do you guys need to exaggerate so much?'

The crowd gathered around, also secretly alarmed, did not expect the seemingly low-key Longinus to gather such a large force quietly.

Before Gion could say anything, Gregory spoke up first, "Gion, don't go too far, it's not enough to defeat Tokikake, but you want to come after the boss?"

Gion was stunned, finally understood why so many people were to follow, burst into tears, and said, "I'm not......"

"I'm telling you, just because the boss isn't back yet, doesn't mean in any way that we're afraid of you! If you don't want to wait any longer, we will be your opponent!"

"I didn't......"

"You don't have what? No interest in fighting with us weaklings? Let me tell you, we have followed the boss to capture tens of thousands of pirates, and experienced countless large and small fights, in terms of combat experience is not at all comparable to a flower in a greenhouse like you!"

Gion's mind was helpless and, at the same time, secretly shocked. What kind of charm did that Longinus have that was worthy for them to follow despite everything?

Thinking of the quotes she had read before, Gion said in her mind, 'Maybe his strength is not as strong as mine, but his understanding and determination for justice is far above mine, just by looking at a few of them, I can tell that that Longinus must have an extraordinary personality!'

When Gregory had calmed down a bit, Gion said to the hostile crowd, "You misunderstood, I just wanted to apologize to him in person."

"Apologize?" Gregory and the others looked at each other. Never heard that the boss and this beautiful swordsman had any encounter with it?

Gion nodded her head, "Since Longinus is not here, I'll come back to him next time to apologize."

Seeing Gion turn around and leave without any hassle, not to mention that Gregory was shocked, even those recruits who came to see the fun, 'What kind of divine plan is this? We've got our seats down and you're showing us this?'

"Shall we go after her?" Abraham asked, poking a somewhat dazed Gregory with his arm.

"Hehehe! I've guessed what her purpose is!" Gregory, who had come back to his senses, laughed lewdly.

"Purpose? Didn't lady Gion say that she came to apologize?" Bone asked dumbly, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's so obvious that you can't even see it, brother Bone, you'd better go practice your sword in peace, these things really don't suit you." Gregory shook his head and sighed.

"The purpose of this beautiful swordsman is obvious: to create some kind of special relationship with the boss by compulsory banging, ahem, don't get it wrong. I mean the relationship between the creditor and the borrower; then, she can use this notion to constantly deepen her relations with the boss. And lastly...... another incident where she will show her sinister intentions for the lust of the boss!"

"What then? Should we warn brother Longinus to be more wary of her?" Bone asked, alarmed.

Several helpless glances came from around the room, and Gregory patted him on the shoulder with a long sigh.

.................……

In the dark silence of the deep sea, without a ray of light or sound, the fear of the unknown and the infinite loneliness can drive people crazy in a short time.

However, Longinus is quietly sitting in the sea, and he has even restrained the perception of the Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki), only relying on the body's instinct in contact with the fluctuations of the water.

It was as if the eternal silence of death had returned everything to darkness.

Suddenly, the current is disordered!

The faint shaking of the thick hairs on the surface of Longinus' body was the impact of the fluctuating water.

Longinus steeply moved his body, surprisingly more agile than fish in the water, as if the water was no longer an obstacle but became his driving force. Cannonball-like fists ruthlessly smashed into the monster in the darkness, and the smell of blood soon spread out into the deep sea.

Longinus is preparing to take out the Nanahoshi to stab into the monster's body. Still, after noticing the strong presence of another at the edge of the sea, he stopped his hands abruptly and dragged the monster's body to the surface with one hand.

'I can't believe someone is training in the deep sea like me. Is it a physical expert from the headquarters?' Longinus thought with interest and had little thought of worry, for he did not show his other identity's ability.

After swimming out of the sea, Longinus took control of his body to tremble quickly and with subtle amplitude. His body was like an oven, and he had dried his clothes in the blink of an eye.

At that moment, another person in the sea also swam up to the shore.

"Vice Admiral Dragon!" Longinus saluted adequately, but his mind was in a trance, 'Hasn't he eaten the fruit at this time of the year?'

Dragon's face was cold, nodding slightly, and only after a long time did he ask: "You also train in the deep sea?"

'He didn't find me, is he blocks the perception of the Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation Haki) like I did before?' Longinus thought for a moment and quickly replied, "The sea is the gift of the world, the best training ground for tempering the body and mind."

"To stand firm in justice, one must have a strong body and an unyielding will." Although Dragon's words are implying with appreciation, it is again difficult to be pleased just by looking at his stern and facepalm expression.

It was another half hour before Dragon continued, "If my father asks you to be his student, don't go, teacher Zephyr is more reliable."

As he said, his cold face was almost cracked, which shows the deep impression the man named Garp had left on him.

Longinus, on the other hand, was slightly stunned. Garp looked at him? Then asked in surprise, "Do you know me, Vice Admiral Dragon?"

"I am the instructor of the boot camp." Dragon said concisely.

It dawned on Longinus, no wonder he did not find Dragon's name on the list of the major base commanders before. And, judging from the future Dragon who has trained Sabo to be the second in command of the revolutionary army, his teaching ability should also be outstanding.

He can see that Dragon is not a good talker, so Longinus also does not actively seek to talk to him.

The only thing that accompanied the journey was silence.

If it were anyone else, they would be awkward, but for Longinus, who can even endure the solitude of the deep sea, it is nothing.

When he was about to enter the town from the countryside, Dragon stopped abruptly and asked in a deep voice: "I have read your resume, and I want to ask you, what is justice?"

Longinus stopped and said calmly, "I don't know."

Dragon remained stoic and waited for Longinus' following words.

"What is justice, is it justice for the weak to survive? In the eyes of most people, they shouldn't do it. However, just like the wolf eating sheep, the law of nature is that the strongest are the best, can we say that the world is originally wrong?"

"In my opinion, there was no way to divide this world by right or wrong."

"So, I look more at what justice can bring us, and what can make the world keep getting better...... is justice!"

"What can make this world keep getting better is justice?" Dragon's cold face is surprisingly showing a rare and hideous smile, "Very interesting view, I think, you will definitely become...... no, you are already a good marine by now!"

After saying that, Dragon turned around and left.

Longinus walked back with ease, 'Was it my interpretation of justice that brought him to me? So it seems that my reputation has a lot of use besides climbing up the ranks!'

'Moreover, it is surprising that this period Dragon is still at a confused stage, in that case, my identity as a Marine Hero can be better played.'

'Dragon...... Revolutionary Army......' Longinus sighed long and hard, 'That glorious and radiant future is really something to look forward it!'

2