Chapter 1: First Landfall
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Across the globe, the weather starts to churn and change from its normal temper.

As all around the globe throughout a couple of days, the weather changes. 

Dark greyish clouds begin to smother the sun and sky from sight.

 

Soon after from these clouds, a great storm begins to rain onto the lands and sea.

Though that is not the only thing that falls from the sky above.

As fragments of mirrors of varying colors fall silently onto the world below, seemingly invisible to the majority.

 

Only two groups notice them, those that move unseen in the darkness of humanity and those seemingly unique.

No other human besides those two groups notices the crystals landing on the earth.

These crystals do not stay in place for long, moving with various means across the globe further.

 

Some settle into the streams, and rivers of the continents carried to new valleys and banks.

Some remain in the clouds and are carried along by the volatile storms that contain them.

Some are buried by floods, and others enter plumbing, far from the wilds.

 

Though some might presume that was the end, not only humans had those among their race who could use the crystals.

For the beasts of the world had man exceptions among their ranks.

Creatures are drawn to the crystals and consume them with greed.

 

Some of the crystals end up consumed by the predators at the top of the chain.

While other fragments are taken by the birds, as they are seen as shiny objects to obtain.

The remaining pieces spread among the animal kingdom in a fine spray.

 

It would take many months and days for these changes to manifest in the animals.

But from this time onwards, the world would never be the same again.

As rains continue showering this world in an eldritch glow of the crystals.

 

No one among the governments or politics ever predicts the appearance of everything else that came with the crystals.

Some folk certainly did, though they will not utter a peep until the truth of the situation arrives.

Letting the majority of the world fall, as they are left unprepared for what is to come.

 

Only the arrival of those do-gooders that stem that tide instead, aiding the common with few others helping.

Granting a hand to those below them as they weather the storm.

All while the masses call them silly things like magical girls and boys.

 

The creation of the beasts that would feast upon the land in droves.

Fighting for the sake of growth and hunger. Though all of these events would happen long after the rain.

While the true purpose behind the rainfall of crystals stays unknown long into the conflict.

 

Though soon after those few days of strange weather felt across the world happened.

It goes away as quickly as it had appeared, leaving many scientists and weather forecasters befuddled.

Confused and disturbed at such a strange occurrence happening across the world.

 

Yet there was neither sign of its approach or fleeting disappearance could be found.

As months dragged on, however, a minority in the scientist community continued their investigations.

The rest of the world moved on from it as they continue discussing more relevant and eye-catching topics for the populace.

 

The crystal's true purpose would soon be unveiled once all is in place.

In the meantime, the fragments of the mirror seek out their hosts.

This world is just right for what those beyond the veil desire.~

0