Chapter 2: A New God is Born
247 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is this really it?’ looking at the results on the screen, Hector didn’t know what to think about his stat sheet. He had managed to gain enough CP to change his race to a god. However, he had essentially nerfed his future self to hell…

Name: Hector Dubois 0 CP

Sex: Male 0 CP

Race: God 15,000 CP

Starting Stats:

Agility: 10 0 CP

Charm: 100 549 CP

Dexterity: 10 0 CP

Intellect: 11 1 CP

Mana: 10 0 CP

Power: 10 0 CP

Speed: 10 0 CP

Stamina: 10 0 CP

Magic Use: No 0 CP

Affinities: [Omni-damage] -2000 CP

Gifts:

[Earth God’s Curse] -500 CP

[Fire God’s Curse] -100 CP

[Lightning God’s Curse] -100 CP

[Luck God’s Curse] -1000 CP

[Wine God’s Curse] -250 CP

[Water God’s Curse] -100 CP

Skills:

No Skill Acquisition -500 CP

Abilities:

Not Ability Acquisition -500 CP

Character:

[Acrophobia] -20 CP

[Aerophobia] -10 CP

[Amaxophobia] -10 CP

[Anti-Social] -50 CP

[Anxiety] -50 CP

[Batrachophobia] -20 CP

[Catoptrophobia] -10 CP

[Claustrophobia] -10 CP

[Coulrophobia] -10 CP

[Cyberphobia] -10 CP

[Cynophobia] -50 CP

[Dentophobia] -10 CP

[Elurophobia] -50 CP

[Entomophobia] -50 CP

[Herpetophobia] -50 CP

[Nosocomephobia] -10 CP

[Ophidiophobia] -10 CP

[Pyrophobia] -50 CP

[Trypanophobia] -20 CP

Personality:

[Same] 0 CP

Other: 0 CP

Total: 15,549 CP

‘Ah fuck it. I don’t care how bad it looks, there’s no way I’m going to pass on becoming a god. I mean seriously, I could become a god! I really hate not being able to acquire any new skills or abilities and having those curses, but the damn system wouldn’t let me abuse useless phobias for CP. Still, I’m pretty damn sure the benefits of becoming a god have to far outweigh any of these problems. Even if my stats are low, I’m sure being god means I’ll be able to raise them in no time at all. After all, these are just my starting stats, I’m sure I could fix them as time goes on.’

It was due to such thoughts that despite how horrendous his character build looked, Hector did not have any plans of choosing anything else. After all, no matter how impressive a starting build he could come up with, Hector had no intentions of passing up on the possibility of becoming a god. Hector believed that one way or another, the advantages of being a god would make themselves apparent as time went on. Even if he was unable to use magic, and in fact, took extra damage to magic attacks. Even if he had the curses of a multitude of gods, and in fact, was unable to add anymore as a system message came up saying that it would be impossible to survive with any more curses. Even if he could no longer learn any new skills or abilities. Even if his character was plagued by a multitude of problems. He was sure that the benefits of being a god would far outweigh these issues. And he thought that one way or another, he would be able to fix them as time went on. After all, these were only his starting stats, not the stats he would permanently be stuck with. So, with great optimism for the future, Hector decided to click submit as his new character was created.

The moment he did that however, the Voice responded back as it said, “Now Hector my boy, are you sure this is what you want to go with? You won’t even be able to learn any new skills or abilities?”

Answering the question confidently was Hector as he replied, “Yes I am, you said to check the stat sheet as much as possible to make sure I have no regrets, and I made sure to create a character I’m happy with.”

“I see Hector.” answered the voice, “Are you sure you don’t want to pick from any of the preset characters?”

“I thought you said not let someone else pick my fate?” responded Hector with a bit of amusement in his voice, “Also, all of those characters are human, and while they did seem quite powerful, I don’t think they’ll be anywhere as amazing as even just a simple dragon build.”

Letting out a chuckle at Hector’s response, the voice said “No you are right. While they are by no means anything but impressive, and you should find yourself as one of the strongest people in the world, they aren’t going to be the same as a character you carefully craft, even if they are all made with 15,000 CP.” Then taking a small pause, the voice continued, “But Hector, while I really have to applaud your dedication into making yourself a god. I can’t allow you to go out with such a character.”

With some disappointment in his voice, Hector responded, “Is it really that horrible of a character? Will I not be able to properly function or even survive?”

“No you can Hector, but it would be a massive inconvenience. Don’t worry Hector, your character actually has 15,000 CP to use. It’s just that I prefer using the last 5,000 CP to fill out the rest myself in order to cover a few things that you would have definitely overlooked, like specifying your potential young Hector. That ‘Other’ section is a lot more important than you think. Leaving it blank is a very big mistake.”

Hearing this, Hector felt a shiver go down his… well, Hector felt some doubt in his actions. Before he could reflect on his choices anymore however, the voice continued as it said:

“Luckily for you Hector, being a god does solve a bit of the problems that belong in the ‘Other’ section. Now, I’ll take away all of those ridiculous negatives you gave yourself, and trust me, having a god’s curse isn’t as bening as you have deluded yourself to think. I’ll also let you keep your extra stats, I think I can give you a bit of extra energy, shouldn’t cause any issues.”

Hector was drawn to those last words, and was about to ask what they meant. However, before he could pose his question, the voice continued:

“Well Hector, being a god isn’t as simple a manner as you think. Yeah you’ll definitely have greater advantages compared to well, everyone else, but you may not be as powerful as you think.”

Before Hector could even ask what he meant, the Voice continued:

“The power of a god is derived from their divinity, and depending on the divinity you receive you may find yourself less capable than what you probably have in your imagination. Regardless, there is no such thing as a weak divinity, or a weak god. So regardless of what you get, try to master it. It will prove to be your greatest advantage in the world. Now Hector, do you have any questions before I send you off?”

Although Hector had a multitude of questions, he wasn’t sure if he should ask them yet. Deciding to ascertain something, Hector asked, “Those three questions, can I ask them even when I’m sent to this other world?”

“Yes Hector.” replied the voice, “You can ask them anywhere at any time. So try to make good use of them.”

Deciding to wait for a more opportune moment, when the questions would be able to get him out of some predicament, Hector decided to not ask anything for the moment as he said, “Then I’m all good. Please send me down into the world.”

“Alright then Hector. I’ll form your new body as you will begin to descend into the world. At the same time, you should be able to see a rather strange place where you will become aware of your divinity.”

Although Hector understood that he shouldn’t really ask a question at the moment, he couldn’t calm his curiosity as he asked the question that had been on his mind from the beginning, “But wait… why me?”

While the voice could have responded with a ‘Why what?’, it decided to not play games as it responded by saying, “Is that one of your three questions?”

Thinking about it clearly, Hector decided to shake the head from his newly formed body that had the same form as his last one as he replied. “No, I think I’ll save it for later.”

“That’s a good choice!” replied heartily the voice. Then, in a rather somber tone that Hector hadn’t heard from it until now, and didn’t even know it was possible for it to reply in such a tone, the voice said before Hector had left, “ I don’t really know to be honest. Maybe I was just bored. It didn’t have to you Hector, you just died at the right time.”

With that as his parting words, Hector left the blank space as the computer disappeared from his surroundings. Instead, he found himself in a dark void where a bright flash appeared in front of him as a massive raffle began to take place. In this dark world, with a massive spinning wheel containing countless unseeable names, Hector’s fate was to be decided. When the wheel finally stopped spinning, a massive glowing sign like those seen in Vegas, with it saying: GOD OF MUSIC! appeared.

Before he could process the rather disappointing result, Hector found himself leaving the strange space as he found himself in the middle of a plaza. And looking around, the incredulity he had been holding inside his heart began to fade, as the scene that his eyes lay upon was most definitely, one from a fantasy world…

4