Chapter 32: Against a werebull…
1.6k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cedric, his party, and I and Eliza headed to where the werebull was last spotted.

"So how'd you end up subordinating a Zelda?"

Jon asked. 

"I'm charming" I answered nonchalantly not even bothering to think of a better answer. I glanced by at Eliza, she now had proper leather armor and a sword I bought for her.

I was now really lacking in money. Hopefully, the beast isn't as ferocious as they say.

"I found something!" 

We all headed towards there and saw some small trees and tracks destroyed as if a bulldozer came.

"Caused by a Werebull" One of Cedric's party, name Steve said.

"It's close... So what's the plan?" I couldn't help but mutter out loud. 

"Lure it, trip it, then kill it" Cedric answered.

"Great plan~" 

We followed the tracks. We carefully walked for a couple of minutes when we heard... 

"Hoos hoos..." 

Heavy breathing, immediately we all hid either next to a tree or a bush. 

I peeked slightly looking at where the breathing where. 

I saw a brown large object, but because of the trees I couldn't see what it was... then it twitch and move. I saw its appearance... 

Bull-like head with large and pointy horns, its upper body was bigger than his lower one. Judging from the height, it must be at least 2 meters tall.

Werebull! 

It indeed looked like a minotaur except it walked on all fours. 

"Now what?" Almost as I said that the bull suddenly turned its head towards us.

"HOOOOVVESS!!" It screamed and then charged threateningly toward us.

I immediately showed myself to it, intending to lure it away but someone was faster than me.

Cedric appeared and threw a dagger toward it. The dagger flew through the air and stabbed the bull's side; the bull's body shook and the dagger fell.

The fuck? I was baffled at the toughness of its hide. The dagger didn't even penetrate it.

But it got the bull's attention as it charged toward Cedric.

The bull chased after Cedric and he used the trees to his advantage to slow down the bull.

The others got busy as if they were already familiar with what to do.

"Keep your distance" I said to Eliza before I chased after the bull. No matter what the plan was, the goal is to kill it.

 I trailed behind the big guy. 

"Hoohvv!!" 

"What's wrong? Too slow?" 

Cedric kept provoking me by throwing stones. Though it doesn't have much effect.

I hastily detoured around and anticipated the bull, and prepared myself.

When the bull was about to pass through near me.

I gathered all my strength and swung down my sword.

Shop!

My sword swung down on its neck. The bull didn't have enough time to react.

Sounds of something being sliced came.

"!" I was stunned! Blood dripped down the bull's neck, but my sword could not fully penetrate it.

"Fuck!" 

The bull raged and twisted his neck in pain.

I pulled my sword back, and that's when Cedric appeared and stab his rapier into one of the bull's eyes.

Blood spurted and the bull screeched in pain as one of its eyes got stabbed.

It lost itself in rage as it charged forward with great strength.

I immediately step back as I felt like a fast truck passing me by.

It passed through Cedric as well as it charged forward aimlessly.

That's when...

Jon and the others appeared and the bull suddenly trip and stumbled down.

I, Cedric, and the newly arrived Eliza hurried and went forward to it as Jon and the others did their best to hinder its movement.

"Oooooh!!" 

Cedric arrived first and thrust his rapier into one of its legs. But the bull's tough hide didn't allow the rapier to peirce it deep.

I attacked his other leg. The sword made a swoosh sound and then...

Kwack!

Unlike Cedric who didn't damage to fully penetrate its hide, more than half my sword buried itself on its leg as blood spurted.

Elize followed the attack as she swung her swords downward.

But surprised flash her eyes when she realized her sword didn't even damage pass through the bull's hide.

Just as I thought we got this in the bag.

Another strong galloping sound came from the west.

All of us momentarily looked to where the sound was causing the bull to get freed.

I hastily jump back as I grabbed Eliza. My eyes widened as I saw another werebull appeared and charging at us!

"Shit! Cedric takes its attention! I'll handle this one!"

Without saying anymore, Cedric along with two others went to distract the newly arrived bull.

The previous but turned its attention towards me. Rage filled its remaining eye and it charged toward me.

Dexterity or strength I pondered for a moment what stats I should increase. I wanted to increase my constitution so I didn't use the two activity points I gained yet.

Looking a the charging was bull.

A decision formed in my head as I increased my dexterity.

"Let's dance"

 

Been so busy lately so just a heads up, I might not be able to update on schedule. Support me here: https://www.patreon.com/Nodreamnohope

 

 

 

 

 

13