Chapter 42: Ambush…
1.4k 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, master don't you think it's a bit dangerous doing this?"

Bethany with light armor on and a sword in her hands whispered to me.

We were currently trekking through some hills.

I had agreed to team up with Jacobs's team to destroy the enemy camp. Since I wanted to achieve a noble title and I figured I could pretty much take the camp, I decided to just do it right away.

I probably can't take 25 to 30 men all at once but with help, it should be doable.

"It's gonna be fine, don't worry. *Sigh... alright, since you guys insisted to follow, Grabbed whatever you could to use as a weapon"

I said the latter half the ten-man squad who were still following, soon they grabbed whatever they could find, branches stick some even brought some stones to throw.

My eyebrows twitched at how unequipped they were. 

Seriously, these guys are gonna get themselves killed. And what's even more frustrating is, it will be because of me!

"It's not a wise idea for them to follow you" 

Jacob intervened, I shrugged and said.

"As you can see, I tried to stop them but they insisted"

Jacob only eyed me and didn't say anymore. I saw from the corner of my eyes, one of the Jacobs companions giving a dagger to one of his squadrons.

But then again I didn't mind it. I didn't need to risk their lives to capture the camp anyway.

About an hour of walking through sloped terrain... 

"How long till we get there?" Bethany asked panting in small breaths. 

Jacobs observed his surround as sweat trickled down his face... "We should be close"

Jacobs, and his men, as well as two of my slaves, were still alright but the ten soldiers were already exhausted and panting.

Just as I was about to tell them to rest... I heard the sound of something whistling in the air.

"Take cover!!"

I shouted as I unsheathed my sword from my back, the others hurriedly took cover while I immediately headed towards the sound.

I then saw a couple of arrows flying toward me!

I prepared my sword toward them and with my incredible dexterity I managed to swat them away. Not stopping for a moment, I dived towards where the archers were and I found three arches all squatting up to the trees.

Not stopping for a moment, I immediately jumped towards one of the archers taking him by surprise, and slashed down, Splitting his shoulder blades down to his stomach.

I fell to the ground and rolled forward.

This time, the archers reacted as they jumped down and grabbed their swords.

Big mistake.

One of the archers lunged at me swinging down his sword at me.

I didn't even let him finish his strike as I quickly slashed to the side faster than him, splitting his stomach open. The soldier fell and clutched his open stomach.

"You-!"

One of the remaining archers holding a sword saw this and was terrified.

I didn't give him any mercy, as I swung my sword at him and with one attack, incapacitated him.

I heard the clash of steel coming towards my group was, I was planning on heading back but...

"Where are you going??" Enemy soldiers started appearing one by one. 

"7.... That's all?" I counted and asked nonchalantly.

The enemy seemed surprised...."This one is feisty, unfortunately-"

I crack my neck and interrupted him. "Let's make this quick"

My feet burst in speed as I dived towards the enemy. 

The enemy didn't have enough time to reach me as I slashed my sword to his neck.

Thud...thud.

His head fell to the ground as silence pervaded the area. I didn't stop thinking as I head for my next target.

"Shit! A heathen!"

"Fuck!"

The enemy cursed as I mowed them one by one.

"No no please!" 

I slashed down at the remaining enemy. Blood flowed through the ground as I managed to kill them all. I observed my surroundings.

I knew I was strong, I just didn't realize how much.

Not dawdling any longer, I headed back to where the group was...

"Fucker I'll kill you!"

"Keep your distance!"

"Come here newbie! hahaha"

I managed to come back pretty quick and I didn't even properly asses the situation as I immediately, stabbed one of the enemies instantly killing him.

I calmly pulled the sword from the enemy's body and looked at the situation stopped.

My calm eyes sent shivers to everyone here.

An arrow whistled through the air,

Swoosh!

But I reacted fast enough and grabbed the arrow with my bare hand.

The fight began once again when the arrow in my hand broke in two.

 

Read an advance chapter here for free and support me by copying this link here: https://shrinke.me/Chp43  And support me also here: https://ko-fi.com/casuallydreamin Thank you all~~~

8