Divine Power
119 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A desolate and quiet place where nothing but sounds of wind could be, it was peaceful and ethereal, as time passed on light footsteps disturbed the serenity.

As time passed on, there was a vague figure in the distance, and with that light footsteps, the silhouette approached a rock about a foot tall.

With time the figure came into view from the darkness, he looked old and frail, but his footsteps were sturdy but light, he gave off a mystical feeling as such whoever saw him would be in awe.

"I have sacrificed everything to reach the peak, slaughtered too many people count and never had friends or family, avoided people who drew close to me because I did not want any burden but in the end what did I achieve... " The mysterious old man let out a sigh as if he was disappointed and exhausted.

"NOTHING!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!"

A solitary man in the middle of nowhere looked lonely as he spoke to no one but himself, it was very odd to see and as he spoke his calm voice wavered, he suddenly shouted with all his might, his voice boomed and the earth shook as if it was not able to stand the pressure emitted off him and with that the old man let out another sigh.

"I have attained absolute power in the entire universe, but still feel so desolate, I have all the money and power in the world, but why do I feel so... Empty." His voice laced with regret.

The old man whose face filled with wrinkles and eyes dull, suddenly lit up as his breathing went ragged. Excitement seen on his face as though he were young again, it was when his gaze landed upon a book that was in his hands.

The book was radiating with blue light, which was surrounding it and still, it was possible to examine the book.

"I have already achieved all of that I can with this life, and my greatest accomplishment would this sutra.." The old man filled with pride as he faced the book.

"It doesn't matter what had occurred, but in the end, I have created the greatest technique in the entire world, whoever is fated to have this book will be able to rule the world, but entirely if he is worthy but will someone be worthy of this sutra" The old man smiled.

The world is a strange place, many people dream of achieving power, money or both, and to achieve their goals they scheme against their own family, betray their friends, all so that they could stand on top and here there was someone who has all the power but still resembles a man who has given up and ready to live with death.

As the old man pondered for a moment, suddenly stretched his arm out and then drew a symbol, it was a circle with a star shape in the middle, the symbol was completely white and was giving off an aura which could demolish the entire universe, and he suddenly forced that symbol on to the book.

In a moment the symbol stuck itself to the book, all the aura that was given out by the book suddenly retracted and the book changed as if was an ordinary one as if nothing peculiar.

After a moment of consideration, the old man placed the book on the rock, and the book fit that rock perfectly, it was as if a part of it from the source.

Here, An existence that would strike fear upon the strongest Immortals, Divine Emperor's, Gods, Devil's etc.
And simultaneously, a book that would cause bloodshed in the universe, something that would lead to the demise of all the exalted beings, but even if it does lead to the destruction of the universe, the powerful entities would still be sacrificing the world to gain this sutra all due to their avarice.

It genuinely is an irony that instead of ameliorating something people would find it easier to ruin something, and by casting further thought into it an observation can be made, all the wars that have been raised till now since ancient times have mostly been due to minor scuffles, and the rulers would not mind to sacrifice everything if they feel they can reap benefits from it, and mostly, the reason that the old man sealed the aura of the book because it would create unnecessary hassle.

There are several good people, but they are a lot more depraved and vile characters in the world, destruction is the only affair sorted due to this, and the old man did not hope for it, it's not for a noble cause that the old man did this, it was candidly due to his selfishness, he wanted his magnificent creation to be fruitful and not tainted.

But it was impossible to accomplish everything perfectly, in fact, there were a lot of troubles created due to the action that he was willing to take, that old man did not care what would come about in the future, as he wanted this sutra not to be involved in a messy situation, he also hoped for the book to choose a successor by itself, although it did not have a conscience of its own, it did have a will, so the old man wanted this book to choose the worthy one.

The old man then proceeded to unleash his entire might, and as he did, the earth shook as cracks started to appear, as they grew and expanded, the ground fell apart, and the entire world descended into a calamity, which split the world into many parts, but the rock with the book on it stayed the same, as though, destroying it would be impossible, even if the entire world decimated.

As the world fell into chaos, people started to die, and no one could stop it, everyone started to pray and hope for someone to save them, cries filled the entire world and blood flooded like rivers, dismembered bodies could be seen everywhere whether it be man, woman, young, old, even infants could be seen either suffering or dying.

It was hell on earth and the one who caused all this was floating in the air with an indifferent expression on his face, for him to achieve his goal he needed to conceal the book in a place where no one would be able to discover it, so he would destroy this world and make it descend to a discreet place to conceal it.

Multiple planes existed which fall apart, although it would cause some powerful beings to suspect the incident, it would be a measly suspicion, not worth much of their attention, so it was the most simple plan, to destroy the world and let it descend.

...

In a Divine palace, a middle-aged man sitting on a throne suddenly veered his gaze into the distance and immediately furrowed his brows, and a look of confusion appeared in his eyes, after observing for a moment shifted his gaze back.

"Take a look at what is happening over there and give a detailed report regarding it." He gave a command to which he received a confident reply

"Yes, Your Majesty"

He then proceeded to close and rest on the throne, paying no more attention to it.

...

Similarly, all exalted beings from the immortal abode, temples and other organisations gave out the orders to check out the incident.

All of the major powers sent people to investigate the matter, but other than that paid no heed to it, apart from one individual.

...

In a faraway place, a man with a beard floating in the air gazed into the void, as if, he can decern the truth of the world and peered the existence of the mysterious old man.

"So the old foggy finally started moving, huh?...
Guess I should start my plan as well." He commented with a smile.

....

After the chaos had finally died down, the original planet which had filled with vitality now became a hell, but the old man had a thin smile on his face as the world started descending to the lower realm and the investigations from the powerful beings lead to no conclusive result. The old then let out a sigh of relief as though a burden lifted off him.

The old man suddenly started disintegrating, he had used all of his power not only to destroy the world, but to also block out all the Divine Senses of all the powerful beings and coordinated the descent of the planet to his desired location while destroying many natural laws which is an excruciating task that would not have been possible by nobody else. But he did not care he ready for his demise.

As he disintegrated, he looked into the distance, where the man with the beard was floating.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

The old man was dazed a moment, then abruptly started laughing out loud.

"So that's how it is, huh?!! HAHAHAHAHA" He was delighted and slipped into death with no regrets.

Although the old man was ready to die, he still had regrets, and he did not want this to fail, but how the future is going to work out, is hard to predict, so in the last moments he was, however, a bit reluctant to die, but he is unable to stop it, so when he saw the man, the old man realized what he was planning and was relieved to find out that at least someone knew that he had created a legend.

As he passed away, the book on the rock started glowing as if mourning his death, and vague text started appearing.

"SEVER THE FATE

IMPOSE THE RULE

COMMAND THE WORLD

FORGE YOUR DESTINY

TO BECOME AN ETERNAL

THE ETERNAL SUTRA "

------------

 

Hey Guys,

This is my first time writing a novel so please do bear with me, if any mistakes you're all the more welcome to give your suggestions.

I want to develop as a writer and also do hope that you find the story interesting, as I have many ideas on this story.

And one of the reasons that I started writing this novel was because I have many ideas and concepts that I want to explore.

2