Chapter 1
38 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly waved goodbye to my family as I hopped onto the wagon heading to the noble family I would work for as a maid but if I could go back I wish I would have done it differently.

Anna arrived at Minrove Manor at exactly 3 am, it was quite late and Anna was extremely tired from the day of travelling that she tried to enter through the front gate...

Unfortunately, for her the entrance was closed so she had to search for the servant's entrance she first stepped back to take a bigger view of the mansion and she smelt a violent must smell coming from the bushes near the mansion and then she finally realised how creepy the mansion felt, she looked to the right of her and found some overgrown hedges,  which were covering some strange ruins with the might of a coward. 

She tried to figure out what the ruins meant but then gave up and started to find the servant's entrance.

When Anna finally succeeds in her quest,

 she saw a lump of clothes that had a label with her name on,t right next to the entrance and immediately picked it up and knocked on the door.

A sweet old lady with streaks of white and grey in her hair and a smile of gold answered the door and let Anna into a small living room with a beaten blue sofa and small wooden table

The Lady, which Anna was now informed was the Head chef from a badge on her apron, quickly led Anna to her room with a face of worry and scolded her for not having enough layers on.

Anna was quite confused at this comment as she had quite the standard amount of layers on and she also hadn't felt chilly at all so Anna told the head chef “Ma'am, I am quite confused because I have a coat on and I don't feel the slightest bit of cold.”

Shocked, the head chef replied “Dear, should I be worried for you, just look at your hands .”

Anna looked down at her hands and they were as purple as carrots  she politely asked for gloves and then she suddenly remembered  the ruins and asked the old lady about them and she immediately answered “ What ruins sweetie?” and then immediately added after seeing Anna's questioning look “You probably just imagined it and I bet some tea will make you feel better.” 

«

The Lady left and Anna lied down and wondered why the lady was so quick to answer her question and then made an excuse to leave.

“I know I never imagined it, I saw those ruins.” Anna thought but it was now too late, her eyes were already getting heavy soon Anna drifted off to sleep.

Anna slowly opened her eyes and slouched into a sitting position, she usually didn't have nightmares but for some reason tonight. 

She had a vivid dream that she was in a room with just white and there was just a crimson monster with pulled face and a face half the size of the room….it was trying to tell her something.

Anna shook it off and slowly trudged out of bed and went to wear she dropped the package of clothes next to the door and started to dress.

After Anna tiredly managed to drag her clothes on, someone knocked on her door.

She jumped after the shock and went to open the door but to her dismay, there was no one there not even a fly. 

Anna closed the door and popped on her shoes and started to walk to the kitchen and there she found the old lady from yesterday.

She smiled at the lady and then began to ask "Ma'am, I am sorry to trouble you again but I don't know I am going  to be working"

"Oh Dear just go to the butler's room on the second floor and you will find it at the end of the hallway just knock twice and he'll tell you where you are in the area Ma'am and I hope you have a great day!"

"You to sweetheart ."

Anna trotted happily up the stairs, she finally felt happy for some reason and she had a lot of pep in her step as she thought how grown up it is to have a job and to support the family.«

She gradually managed to reach the 2nd floor and she slowly started to walk to the creepy end of the spider web-ridden corridor, it felt quite eerily similar to the room in her dream.

When she finally found the bourbon door with an old metal plate on the door reading 'Mr Ivovern'.

She felt a deep gut feeling not to knock on the door, she shook her head and knocked on the door.

No sound.

She knocked again and there was still nothing.

 She heard a slight voice in her head telling her “Open the door.“

She waited for a minute and she started to daydream and daydream until she was in a field of perfect, sharp green grass and she strolled through a mystical meadow with orchids, sunflowers and anything pretty then it went dark and jolted awake from the floor.

Blood was dripping out her mouth so she slowly took her handkerchief from her pocket and wiped the remnants of a childhood oddity from her mouth.

 

Since she was five, she tended to bite her tongue so hard that it would bleed.

Her parents constantly took her to the village doctor but ultimately the doctor said she bites her tongue so he gave her a stick to bite on.

She fixed her hair and stood up quickly.

She opened the door and her face plummeted.

She looked around the office, and all she saw was a bloody gun and a small note with the same ruins as before,  she screamed as her stomach churned inside.

She dropped to the floor, she clutched the fabric of her clothes so she could hold her gag reflex.

A middle-aged man with his organs brutally gashed into his throat.

Tattered clothes with messages written all over the pale shirt in blood

”It's you're at fault.”

“It was his fate.“

 

She sunk to the floor in panic.

She immediately ran to the nearest room and banged on the door.

A man with a sunken appearance.

Almost dark black eyes with dark-as-dusk hair answered the door.

He immediately exclaimed, “How rude does a heathen like you have to be to banging on my door!“

She replied instinctively “The Butler has been killed!“

0