Chapter 5
41 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm at a horse show, and have been standing around holding a horse's lead rope for 3 hours after I finished my division. But- anyway. I wanted to get this chapter out, and was unable to edit it so it won't be as good as the others. . Hopefully I will find time tomorrow to edit it, but for now.... enjoy

Katya opened her eyes and saw Casimir hovering over her. when he saw her eyes open he sighed, relieved "Thank the Katya I've been trying to wake you for-" he held up a claw and started counting each talon until he reached 6, "6 days!" 

Katya sat up, her head throbbing. "6 days- how what? uh, why?" 

Casimir leaned down next to her staring at her, `"Shh, lie down. you just did some serious magic"

Katya didn't obey his orders and she stood up, her legs wobbling "Me? Do magic?"

Casimir nodded, "yes, you healed me. That was big, but of course, there is always a side effect. Yours was being knocked out for 6 days. and now." He pounced on her, pushing her back to the ground "You need sleep."

Katya struggled to stand again "I was sleeping. FOR SIX DAYS." 

"No you were knocked out there is  a difference." Katya stopped struggling and lay on the ground. Casimir smiled his black eyes gleaming with happiness, "good I will get you food and water." Once he left Katya finally realized just how tired, hungry, and thirsty she was. But she didn't admit it. she closed her eyes again even though it seemed everything she had been doing was sleeping.

A thud woke Katya up, Casimir was standing proudly with a dead badger. Katya moved away from it slightly and Casimir looked disappointed "you- don't like it?" He asked sadly.

Katya hit herself in her mind, why hadn't she thought that might hurt Casimir? "No, I do it's just- being woken up with dead animals," 

Casimir nodded. "Anyway, I saw the carving you did, and it's, well, it is amazing."

Katya didn't know what to say, no one had ever complimented her carvings and no one had ever complimented her in general. She managed to Sutter "u-uh yeah- uh, thanks." 

Casimir smiled, "I think we should move on, just in case SIr and that other woman come back."

Katya nodded "yes I agree, but where could we or should we go?"

"I don't know. What do you think?" Casimir shrugged. 

Katya looked at him. "how am I supposed to know? ah- It doesn't matter." Katya began pacing, although she didn't know completely why. "Let's just fly." with the last word she spread her wings and lifted off into the sky, with Casimir following behind her. 

Katya felt like she had been flying for hours, and although she knew it had only been about half an hour, she felt like her wings were slowly being disconnected from her body. But deciding not to dwell on the pain Katya moved her mind to a different subject. Without her guidance, her mind strayed to Casimir. 

And the more she thought about it she realized that in truth she barely knew him at all. He had said all the dragons had fled to Kyira, and he had also said except for her. but he hadn't said anything about him ever going to Kyria or his family ever staying behind. She glanced back to Casimir. His sand-colored scales reflected the sun and his onyx eyes were gleaming with life. He seemed to be able to fly this long without any trouble. 

"Casimir?" Katya asked softly without even thinking, she wasn't even sure he could hear her. 

"Yes, Katya."  Casimir answered

"have you ever been to Kyria."

Casimir was silent, then he said: "I think I see a place to land. I bet you're tired." 

Katya decided not to argue and dove down beside Casimir to the ground. Although because of Casimir's answer she was sure he was holding something back he didn't want to tell her. 

"What do you want to eat?" Casimir said presently as if Katya had never asked anything.

Katya didn't want to let the subject go but she thought it would be best if she pressured him later. "Uhh, anything we have." 

Casimir nodded and slung a pack off his shoulders that Katya hadn't noticed before, for it blended in with his golden scales. He undid the bindings and took out a piece of badger meat from before. Ha blew a few sparks on it then handed it to Katya. she took it and watched as Casimir got one for himself.

They were silent for a long time. until Katya decided to break it, "Have you ever been to Kyria?" she repeated the question from before.

Casimir's face flashed with something Katya couldn't read but he masked it with the expression he was wearing before. "Yes, I have." He said shortly.

Katya started to become intrigued. "Really? What is it like in Kyira?" 

Casimir's voice was slightly sorrowful and sour as if he didn't want to continue this conversation but for reasons Katya didn't know her answered her. "oh, well um its a lot like this world but with a lot of other dragons." Casimir seemed a bit happier as he continued as his memeroid=s brought him at least a little joy. "There was dragons in the sky, the sea the trees, Everywhere! But no humans, there we didn't have to worry about humans." 

Katya thought about his word choice. "you say things like, was, were, and didn't is Kyria not like that anymore?"

Casimir's expression turned dark. "No. We discovered a species a lot like a human just with less technology. but in a thousand years that world might become just like this one and we might not have dragons powerful enough to save it. But right now I think the dragons are fine, but who knows?"

" if you lived in Kyria, then when and how did you end up here?" Katya leaned forward eager for more of Casimir's story. 

This time Casimir didn't answer right away he just sat there looking like he was about to cry. "I don't when it happened or how really, I was rather young when it did happen though. One morning when I woke up I couldn't find my family. So I went looking for them. But since I wasn't looking where I was walking I slipped and I fell and slipped into the deep powerful river." as Casimir paused Katya felt as though she too would start to cry " and I sank, trying to swim but I drowned. And I thought I could feel my life force leaving the universe but I opened my eyes and found myself here." Katya began crying quietly and Casimir smiled "It's alright, In the end, I found you and I couldn't ask for anything better." He wrapped one of his winds around her and they sat together staring at the sky. 

Katya Breathed in deeply looking around her it was night and she was still leaning against Casimir. She stood up and shook her whole body. Casimir opened his eyes slightly, and Katya smiled at him, he closed his eyes again and muttered: "just don't get killed..." 

Katya smiled again and walked quietly away from him. she stared around the place where they had landed. It was a clearing in the forest with a quiet brook trickling through it. She smelled the fresh air around her smiling as she did. Her talons sunk into the soft soil as she walked. She could hear the crickets chirruping through the otherwise silent night, Katya looked back at Casimir's sleeping form and she thought about how peaceful it was here without any humans to break the wild silence. Unknowing what she was doing for the millionth time that day she strayed over to a tree and started carving as fluidly as an artist painting. Her sharp claws swept swiftly over the rough bark that covered the tall tree. The bright moon illuminated the tree and it felt to Katya like the best moment she had ever experienced. 

Katya had to keep looking over her shoulder and making sure Sir wasn't there. But she and Casimir were safe- at least for now. A few hours later Casimir got up and stood beside Katya, watching her carve. He didn't say anything but his smile glowed next to the rising sun. 

Katya finished her carving and to her (not) astonishment the picture she had made was of her and Casimir flying along in the sky. Casimir's smile winded and he leaned close to Katya and whispered: "c'mon I'll tell you more about Kyria." she followed him, happy for the moment.

2