Chapter 10
37 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Katya stared into Kai's murderous black eyes. Am I really going to die here? Right now? She asked herself as Kai took another step closer to her. But to her relief and confusion, Kai took a few steps back and shook his head, "No..." he laughed quietly to himself, "No this couldn't possibly work. I just have to transform back and tell the humans that you mean great harm to them, then I wouldn't need to have your blood on my claws. Would I? Yes, that will work.. excuse me as I transform back, alright Katya?"

Kai picked up one of the apples and smashed it in his claw, Katya stood, rather confused as Kai transformed back into a human and left the room, locking the iron door behind him. She walked over to the hole in the wall thinking about telling everything she had heard and witnessed to Casimir. The hole size had increased by several more fallen bricks, "Casimir?" Katya called, sticking her head through the hole in the wall. 

When Casimir saw her he came running up to her, his expression frantic, "Katya! finally! What was that all about? I heard a lot of crashing and yelling! Are you alright? Please tell me what happened!" 

Katya smiled, "just as energetic as always, right Casimir?" She teased, "Anyway, Kai came to visit me. and I'll bet after he does his report he will come to visit you too."

Casimir shuddered, "Did he hurt you?" he asked anxiously and Katya could hear a boatload of worry in his tone. 

"No," Katya said, "Although he did say he was going to get me killed. his exact words were:'No this couldn't possibly work. I just have to transform back and tell the humans that you mean great harm to them, then I wouldn't need to have your blood on my claws. Would I?' or something like that." Katya finished a little out of breath.

Casimir looked startled, "How did you remember what he said word for word?" he said, staring at her.

Katya cracked a smile, "I don't know- but is that really your most important question?" she asked him.

He looked a little embarrassed, "No! Well... I guess?" he ended on a question as if he wasn't sure what he wanted to say.  

Katya just shook her head, but before she could say anything, something on Casimir's side clicked. "Kai" she hissed, "Hide!" Katya didn't know where she was expecting Casimir to hide, he was in an empty dirt and stone cell. But she didn't expect Casimir to stand there with a stupid look on his face (like he did). 

Katya though scrambled to the other side of her cell and used her keen hearing to listen to what was going on on Casimir's side. She listened intently but couldn't hear what was going on, and she didn't dare stick her head through the hole again. "How are these things so soundproof?" Katya muttered to herself, tapping the wall. If she went closer to the hole she would be able to hear and see things but then Kai would be able to see her and everything would go downhill from just that. She didn't even know how Kai already couldn't see the hole, maybe Casimir was blocking it? So for now she had to stay right where she was, hoping that Kai wouldn't just happen to stick his head through the hole. 

But unluckily just that happened a few minutes later, Katya heard Kai's voice approaching the hole, 

"-and oh what a nice place you have here! I wonder what is beyond this hole-" Kai stuck his (human) head through the hole, Katya snarled and cut his face with her claws. Kai staggered backward, "n- nice-" he choked out, holding his palm up to his eye "Feisty? huh.. nice." 

Katay rolled her eyes, "What do you want Kai? why don't you just run along to the other humans and say we are going to kill them? So they murder us and everyone, except us, is happy!" 

Kai smiled, "Yes yes, I will do that. But we don't want to be hasty, huh? Nah no one likes being hasty." 

Casimir decided that right now was a perfect time to but in " well it's not like you can talk, right, Kai? when all you do is be hasty?"

Kai pretended to look offended, "How rude I am NOT HASTY!" 

Casimir smirked, "Are too"

"ARE NOT!" Kai stormed up to Casimir, taking an apple out of his pocket and transforming into a dragon, 

Casimir backed up against the wall, his smirk slowly fading, "Are too"

But, Kai kept approaching, "ARE NOT!" 

"ARE TO" Casimir suddenly jumped forward, and started stalking Kai. 

"ARE NOT-" Kai was about to yell, but was interrupted by Katya. 

"boys..." Katya grumbled.

Both of the boys stopped and looked at Katya who was now looking through the hole at their pointless argument. Casimir blushed and looked away and Kai just stood there. 

Kai shook his head, "Never mind I might as well go. Bye, Katya- Casimir ( I AM NOT HASTY) " Kai turned back into a human, the slash on his eye healed. Strange, Katya mused quietly to herself.

Katya managed to laugh, "what just happened?" she asked no one in particular. Casimir just shrugged. 

"No idea," He admitted. 

Katya looked around her cell again, although by now she had gotten rather familiar with the appearance, yet again she was wondering how she could escape, but it was just the same sight as always, just the same-

Katya gasped as a group of five people trooped into the room, they closed the door with a slam. Katya's eyes winded as one pushed forward with an axe, another one stepped forward with a rope, the one with the rope threw it over her neck, she pulled her head back and roared, then six MORE people came into the room and pilled onto the end of the rope and pulled her neck down. 

After a few more minutes of this, she hung her head and slowly allowed them to lead her into the corridor beyond. Unlike what she had imagined it was a long hall going completely straight from her cell, no cells were on the side, and from what she could see that you had to enter completely different corridors to see the different cells. Which seemed like a bit of too much work and remembering. 

One of the men nodded to a young woman in the back, she hurried up front than down the corridor. a few other men quickly followed her. And it wasn't hard for Katya to guess what they were going to do, but it wasn't as if she could worry about that too much. She looked around at the very solid stone and dirt walls, knowing deep down that there was no hope to escape, how had she gotten out of all of the high-tech prisons but she couldn't even escape an old-timely prison? She growled and backed up, but there was no way she could get out. For one thing, she had to bow her head to be able to walk through the tunnel, her wings were pinned tightly to her side, and she was at least 10 feet underground, but probably much more. So she angrily kept walking forward. It wasn't like she could go anywhere else. Finally, she reached what seemed to be the end of the tunnel. Katya blinked in the sudden bright light that had just engulfed her.

But when her vision cleared she saw a huge crowd of people arranged before her, and just as she had guessed there were tons of hallways leading off in different directions to different cells. but out of the hallway to her left a person came, with another three people, and together they were dragging Casimir from a few thick ropes tied to separate parts of Casimir's body. 

Katya wanted to rush over to him, but the rope around her neck wouldn't let her. She tried pulling at the rope with all her might, but the hoard of people holding her down was overwhelming, and the rope was much too thick to break. Katya watched as a woman, clearly the leader stood up. She was beautiful,  she wore a white gown that trailed behind her, and she had a black cloak that contrasted with the gown, but the gloves covering her arm all the way up to her elbow were a- for a few seconds, Katya was left staring at the gloves, and when she realized what color the gloves were her blood ran cold. The gloves too were white- or used to be anyway. Now they were a deep red, the color of dried blood. Katya could only tell that they used to be white because of the random large splotches of the original color, mainly on the part farthest away from the hand. But Katya, not wanting to think too much of the gloves turned her attention to the woman's other features the woman had pale skin unlike that of most of her subjects. She also had dark hair that flowed down to her waist unlike the strawberry-blonde hair of the people around her. She had startling amber eyes, that used to be pretty, but had seen much too many deaths and now ruined her otherwise perfect face. 

But something else soon distracted Katya away from the woman's appearance. The woman had picked something off of a short birch table (oak desks are better) and was holding it up. A knife as a person that was obsessed with knives, Katya had to appreciate the knife's beautiful appearance. Its silver blade was long and elegant with intricately carved designs on its exquisite silver surface, the only thing off about the knife was the blood stains that covered the blade. The handle was white also. What is with these people and the color white at executions? Katya thought you'd think they would wear red or something- so the blood wouldn't show. But she turned her attention back to the knife, not wanting to miss a detail in the gorgeous blade. The hilt was white with designs carefully carved and that was painted red. as if the blood was dripping down the handle. The blade, despite the blood stains, was so shiny it was like a mirror, and as the woman turned it in her hand the bright light from the middle of the room glinted off it and kept shining in Katya's eyes. 

At long last the woman spoke, "Greetings my good people!" she yelled, raising the knife above her head like a bottle of wine at the beginning of a party, "Today we gather together to banish these vile creatures from our land!" her voice was so empowering the entire crowd cheered at the woman's long pause. "These creatures-" she beckoned to Katya and Casimir, "have gotten together to try and murder our whole village!" there were some loud boos directed at Katya and Casimir. Once they were done the woman continued, "So as an entire consul we have decided to extinguish these animals' lives!" again the cheers came, so loud it hurt Katya's ears. After a few more statements that Katya didn't really care about enough to listen to were finished.  The woman stood and glided down the stairs from off of her high stage. 

As the woman came closer the people around Katya and Casimir parted to make way for her. Until she stood right in front of the dragons with a circle of people surrounding her and Katya and Casimir. "Ready?" she whispered, smirking. Both Katya and Casimir backed up very slightly. Then, Casimir stepped in front of Katya, it was much easier to move now that the humans had dropped their ropes. 

The woman smiled, "Aww" she cooed, "look who is trying to be the hero, the 'little man I think I might just kill you first, just as you wish." 

Casimir growled and it seemed to Katya that he was saying, So what? you kill me! but don't hurt Katya! even though he wasn't actually speaking. 

The woman smirked, "Very well." she stepped towards Casimir and looked around at the crowd, "Ready?" she asked, this time to the crowd, the crowd cheered, and together all the humans yelled, 

"Three- two- ONE!" as soon as they got to one the woman plunged the knife all the way up to its hilt in Casimir's chest. he looked down, shocked and surprised. Even though both he and Katya had been expecting it. The woman ripped the knife out, and as Casimir swayed his eyes quickly fading, and blood pouring uncontrollably from the wound in his chest, he started falling and as he did, the woman cut open his throat with the apparently very sharp knife. His body hit the ground and his eyes were the kind of dull Katya had never seen in his eyes before. Katya raised her horrified gaze away from Casimir's dead body and started at the woman. The woman stared back, and at the exact same moment they both charged forward and Katya ran right into the knife. And the last thing Katya felt- the last thing she would ever feel- was the knife entering her chest and stabbing her heart, then everything went black. and Katya was able to give herself one last thought-This is it.  then everything faded as if her soul was leaving her body, (which it was). For like a minute it was like she was floating above everything else. And she saw the scene below her, her body lying next to Casimir's, humans crowding around their dead bodies and smiling and laughing. She gasped in horror and disgust as the image in front of her faded and her soul was zoomed away. Everything flashed white and then was black... then... Katya opened her eyes...

Announcement
LAST CHAPTER!!!!! Now only the epilogue! It will be posted (hopefully) on Monday or Tuesday
0