Decision
34 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at him completely confused, thinking he was making fun of me.

"You told a disciple ... does it mean that I would have to train on a magician?

"That's right," replied the man.

We looked at each other, and then someone started to laugh. It took me a little time to understand that it was I laughing.

"A really great joke, and now seriously what you want from me?"

"And where did the idea that he was joking?"

"Where from?" I smiled ironically. "Look at me, I only know so much about magic that I read in books, I watched movies or anime, I almost died after meeting one, and in addition ..."

I waved him a stump of my left hand.

"Do you think that someone like I is suitable for a magician?"

An awkward silence came again, but then, to my surprise, the man began to laugh.

"Haha ... Mhm Andrew, what is the last thing you remember before you woke up here?"

"The last one?" I was thinking about this moment. "I remember Blondie throwing some pale-purple light in me, then I heard a crack like a broken glass, and then nothing."

"I understand." The man thought about it for a moment, then extended his hand

"Breaking."

On the man's hand the same light formed as that of the blonde- magician.

"Did it look like this?" He asked.

I nodded slightly.

The mage waved his hand and the glow disappeared.

"Simply speaking, this spell is called" Breaking "and is not really a combat spell. Originally, it served to break up the natural seal that is formed in people endowed with magical power before they are born, because children's bodies are unable to withstand such energy and can not control it. This sound of broken glass, it was the seal. Do you understand so far? "

"Yes"

"That's great, so thanks to this spell you could" wake up "the magician when his body was ready. However, thrown at the ordinary man, because it does not hit the resistance in the form of a seal, he rips him to shreds, what you had unhappiness to observe. "

In front of my eyes stood a scene of that poor man who broke like a balloon. I shuddered.

"In turn, cast on the magician has absolutely no effect, therefore, it is not considered a combat spell."

"Wait a minute, I mean, I had a hidden magic power, right? But I do not feel any changes or anything similar in myself. "

"Probably because you're a bit confused, you did not notice that you're wearing a necklace, right?"

"Necklace?"

I ran my hand over my neck and I actually found a string, at the end of which was a strange symbol.

"This is a formation blocking mana flow in the body. Take it off "

I obeyed and slowly slid it from my head. Suddenly I felt a tickling feeling. Something strange began to circulate around my body with increasing force. The dogs also reacted to the photo of the medallion. A dark aura began to radiate from their bodies, and they themselves seemed a bit larger.

"You see? Now put it back, you do not know how to control it. "

Charmed by this feeling, I did it very reluctantly, after which everything returned to normal.

"Is the lack of memories a side effect of awewkening?"

"Mostly not," replied the man. "Usually, a skilled magician takes part in it to make sure everything goes well, and the awakened person must remain calm. Then everything goes smoothly. However, as in your case, an uncontrollable awakening occurs, as a result of which a person falls into a state similar to berserk, where the power guides the user. This happens when the spell is cast carelessly or the emotions of the awakened are unstable. In this case both at once, so you were lucky to have survived. "

"Right after that." The man continued. "You made a good show there."

"It means?"

"Yes, you do not remember. I am talking about the fact that you alone dealt with 3 magicians, who, although poorly, were trained in the use of magic, and this is an achievement, bypassing the element of surprise.

"You mean I beat them? It's ... but how do you know about it? "

"Because I was there, and even I was saved by you."

Saved?

"So you were the magician in the mask ?!"

He applauded for this answer.

"Well done, I see that the head is working. And thanks to you I managed to get away, for which I am grateful. However, for the rest of the questions I can answer later, because I can see that you are barely standing up, but I still have not received my answer. "

I lowered my head.

The man sighed.

"I understand that it's a hard decision for you, because you see, you'll have to give up all your life so far, so I'll give you a little ti-"

"You do not have to, I have already made the decisions."

The mage was surprised.

" As soon?"

"Yes, if you know. what's my name, you've probably already checked me out, right? "

Man was slightly shocked by the boy's acumen. He nodded.

"So you also know that I do not have a family, close friends, or even distant relatives." I do not think that someone let an untrained magician walk the street, I have nothing to lose, that's why I want to get as much as possible. "

I looked him straight in the eyes.

"I accept the offer ... Master."

1