V1 Prologue
115 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person POV

The area that was once one of the strongest empires in the main continent, a city where tourists explore for sightseeing and nobles from other kingdoms to get a fresh environment, was now a desolate land. Most of the buildings were destroyed beyond repair, bodies of different races were scattered throughout the surface. Humans, demi-humans, beastmen, and even elves who are races that tend to stay on their territory. Most of the bodies were burnt, encased in ice and decapitated, it was a terrifying sight for anyone who would witness it, but alas only two people will at the moment.

In the sky, two people were in an intense fight. Flashes of different magic and auras were clashing into each other, and their speed was so fast that those who would witness the spectacle can barely see the silhouette, it was a fight between higher existences. Both of them were surprisingly young compared to other people who have become higher beings, as most of them were people in their thirties to their eighties.

"You bastard! Why won't you fucking die already?!"

One of them shouted in fury and attacked the other with pure rage. It was a young boy with brown hair and black eyes, he had an above average face but it would still pale in comparison towards those with handsome features. The one the young boy attacked was the same age as him, and was countering his attacks in a calm manner, which infuriated the young boy even more.

"You have the audacity to not take me seriously?! Me, the protagonist?!"

The self-proclaimed 'protagonist' shouted in a more furious tone, with a mix of arrogance. Hearing the words of the 'protagonist' the young boy who was calmly taking the furious hits furrowed his eyebrows. He felt disgusted by the words of the 'protagonist'.

"Protagonist? Please, I would rather think of Kazuya worthy of holding that title than you."

The young boy casually insulted the 'protagonist' with a disgusted face. Ironically, the young boy would be more fitting to bear the title of being the protagonist. He had beautiful black hair that would make women envious, a face that would be able to make a succubus from the demon race willing to become his slave. His only strange trait was his heterochromatic eyes but it was beautiful nonetheless, a light bluish eye that would make anyone who gazes on it feel colder than the peak of the tallest mountain in the continent, and a crimson-orange eye with a gaze that pierces deep within anyone's soul.

"You..... RAHHH!"

The 'protagonist' lost all his rationality by the insult of the young boy. His attacks became predictable and the technique was gone and replaced with pure rage. The young boy still continued to take the hits and redirect or block them, he could have already ended the 'protagonist' already but it seems he has another motive.

The fight continued on for minutes and the protagonist's attacks became sloppier and his movements were slower, but he could not think of anything about it but one thing, and that is to kill the young boy in front of him. The mentioned young boy had his eyes brightened up for a moment but it faded away, anyone but higher existences would not have noticed it, what a pity the 'protagonist' has his rationality down to the pits of hell. The young boy, who seemingly accomplished his hidden motive, asked a question to someone in his mind.

'Is what I told you already prepared?'

Most people would have been confused by his question, who is he asking? Is he talking to himself? But those who are experts and above them do not think so, they thought that he is talking to someone telepathically. Well they are certainly right on target.

[Yes~ It's all ready and prepared for your command. *Yawn* That was so tiring.....]

A voice belonging to a female replied in the young boy's mind, with a seductive tone that would make any man swoon over her. But the young boy has his priorities straight, and ignored the seduction attempts of the female which irritated her quite a bit. Hearing that 'it' is prepared, he decided that playtime is over.

*mumble* I should stop playing around now. "This is enough."

"Y-You fucking dunce how dar- GAAAHHHKKK!"

Despite losing his rationality the 'protagonist' heard the boy's mumble which increased his rage even more, but he was interrupted by a strong punch into his gut, making him descend into the ground like a meteor. The 'protagonist' upon feeling the intense amount of pain shrieked in despair, after all he had not felt this much pain. His rationality came back and started to think about how to escape the young boy's grasp. He threw away his pride and started apologizing to the young boy, but he was waiting for an opening so he could escape or even better, kill him.

"Hey, hey, I only took that as a joke, okay? I can return it to you, yeah! You want it back right?"

The 'protagonist' begged the young boy, but he did not know he made the biggest mistake. The young boy upon hearing his words became enraged, he actually called her an object? The audacity of this man..... He is courting death! The young boy exclaimed in his mind in pure anger, the female seemingly feeling the huge amount of rage stopped her nonchalant attitude and now had a serious expression, although the young boy won't be able to see it.

The 'protagonist' seeing the huge amount of bloodlust in his eyes panicked and felt fear, after all what did he do wrong? Did he somehow find out about his plans, if so then.... The 'protagonist' felt even more fear upon thinking about it and was prepared to run for his life. He needs to live, in his thoughts he is the one on the top of this world. After all, he is the protagonist.

"Why don't we already end this game? Do you agree with me ******?"

"W-What the fuck are you talking about?! You think this is just a game, huh?!"

The 'protagonist' lost his rationality again and with his endless pride and arrogance, was enraged again by the words of the young man. But he also felt fear from losing his life, so he still has a plan to run away so he could live another day. But it seems like his life would end today, the 'protagonist' felt the most fear in his life at this moment. Countless black chains with a sharpened end erupted on the young man's back, it reminded him of a certain anime but this was not the time to think about that.

Everyone in the world could feel it, something terrifying arrived in the world. The huge amount of bloodlust coming from the chains was flawless and terrifying at the same time. The 'protagonist' felt it into the core of his being, that....

His life would end here.

The young boy raised his hands upwards and the chains flew towards the skies, it seemed that it followed his will. With the chains erupting from his back which strangely looked like wings, people who would be lucky enough to witness this spectacle would only have one thought in mind. They have witnessed the descent of the God of Death.

"Your right on target ******. After all this is merely....

A game of life and death."

———————————————————————

[A/N: Hello readers! Author here, this is going to be my first novel and I hope to improve my writing and this story as a whole. Feel free to send suggestions or feedback. I might keep them in mind, the chapter release would not be consistent so sorry for that. Anyways that is all for this note and have a good day readers. Peace out!]

2