Chapter 25 – The One I Love
182 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25

The One I Love


 

Madalyn stared at the bed where her past desires to be with Annastella tried to lure her. All those memories flooded her mind like a dam breaking free, washing over her body.

"I did love you, Annastella. My feelings were so strong that even today, this lust attempted to steal me away."

She confessed aloud. Calmly she held her chest and closed her eyes…

“But I never felt a warmth so endearing as Goldie’s, your daughter. Goldie Kingsmen was my gift from the gods for enduring my suffering."

Maddy released her soul from the shackles of the past as she confessed the feelings in her heart aloud.

“I… love Goldie until the ends of Sian. And my sacrifice allowed me to meet her. So… thank you, Annastella.”

“Ning… Ack…”

Madalyn felt a light drop of water hit the top of her head. When she looked above her, tangled in a dark web with tears rolling down her cheeks, she was the person who warmed her heart the most.

“Goldie!”

 

 

Madalyn screamed her name and levitated up to her. Goldie’s mouth was gagged, and she couldn’t move her arms or legs, bounded by a bounding spell. She pulled apart the webs that captured Goldie’s voice and met nose to nose with her.

“Madalyn! I’m… I’m so glad you saw me!”

Goldie whispered.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, my love."

Goldie shook her head.

“N-No… I’m just… I’m so happy.”

The princess's face was riddled with tears. The trap wasn't just to draw Madalyn into the clutches of that lustful demon… but to force the one person who loved her to watch. The great witch was disgusted, knowing what may have happened if she was too weak to fight back.

Goldie was forced to watch the woman she loved being tempted by the one person she used to envy, her mother.

The succubus attempted to latch onto Madalyn's lust… while simultaneously capturing Goldie's envy. If its plan had worked, both of them might have been taken in by their sins.

Maddy and Goldie’s noses touched softly. Gently, like two puppies kissing, they brushed their noses against one another, feeling the tender touch of each other.

“I’ve faced my demons… thanks to you, my love.”

Madalyn whispered.

She had no past to yearn for any longer. The memory of what happened showed her that Annastella wasn't the one for her… and never was. As their lips connected on the ceiling of Goldie's room, the vines cracked, and Goldie fell into Madalyn's arms.

As they floated down, they embraced one another tightly.

"Maddy, I love you so much! A-And I know how much you love me now! Let's never be apart again."

Through their passionate kisses, Madalyn assured her.

“Never again. I… won’t ever let anything tempt me from you.”

Gently, they fell onto the bed. Goldie's lips merged with Maddy's as they prolonged this moment longer than they both knew they should have. They tasted each other's passions, assuring that nothing would ever separate them again.

 

 

 

Finally, Goldie pulled away and looked at the wetness of her lover’s lips.

"We should go. After this… I want you to…."

With a blush, Goldie confessed.

“I want you to have everything of me. So… please, let’s be safe and win this fight together, Madalyn.”

Madalyn held her petite princess close.

“I will make sure you keep that promise.”

Madalyn smiled endearingly at Goldie. They both got off of one another and stood off the bed and searched the room, together.

“Arnold destroyed your staff… but where is your hat, my love?”

Goldie touched her head.

"I lost it when we were taken into the void. I think a spirit took it from me and then trapped me in my room... If I at least had my hat to give me a higher mana threshold, I wouldn't have been so easily overpowered."

Angered, the golden witch huffed.

 “I wanted to blow that succubus’s head off with righteous thunder! How dare she attempt to… do such things with you.”

Goldie crossed her arms. Face as red as a fresh strawberry, she confessed.

“Only you and I can do things like that… after this is over, Madalyn.”

Even Madalyn blushed, looking away from her jealous lover.

"Right. Sorry, you had to witness that."

Shamefully, Madalyn looked away, but Goldie held her close.

“No, without that… I wouldn’t have realized that you truly… only love me now.”

They both looked into each other's eyes. The burning passion for seeing this battle through roared inside of them.

“Let’s go find my hat, Maddy. Then we’ll face the Overlord within my father again.”

Madalyn brought out her staff from the void and got on it. Goldie got behind her and held her from behind. Madalyn was warm and comforting to Goldie as she nuzzled her nose into her back.

“We can do this… I believe in us, Madalyn.”

Goldie channeled a quick spell as Madalyn took off, racing through the distorted castle.

"I can feel your witch hat. It's being held by a large spirit below, my love."

Madalyn explained as she turned to Goldie.

"Down below? The spirits must have taken the hat to the waterways. A network of pathways is used if the royal member is forced to evacuate. That's also where we get our supply of water from."

Goldie explained.

She rarely went down there because that was a servant's duty, not a princess’s. But it wasn't like the past; Goldie didn't even consider herself a princess at this time. She was just a woman trying to bring order back to her palace.

"If we're going to face Arnold… we should get you that hat. Anything to help you fight against the Overlord is better than nothing, Goldie."

The great witch concluded as she patted her lover’s soft hair. Madalyn brought out her staff and levitated it. She sat on the side, giving room to Goldie to sit next to her.

“Alright, how do you want me to fight Maddy? I have a handicap without my mana enhancers. Would it be too dangerous for me to be on offense?”

Goldie asked as Maddy flew the two of them through the tainted castle. This wasn't the actual castle but a distorted realm created by the Overlord. This would be the kingdom the demons would rule from if it successfully overtakes all its people.

"You'll run support, Goldie. Enhance my spells and defend me from attacks I can't avoid. Once we get your hat back, then we'll go right for Arnold!"

“Right, Madalyn! We’ll have to go outside and make our way into the moat to get to the waterways. Turn here…”

The princess directed.

Madalyn and Goldie escaped from the castle and hovered above it. The kingdom was massive, and the city below was just splendid. The sun was rising, and from this high, Goldie was surprised that darkness was spreading so wide outside the Kingdom.

In the distance, the mighty army of the Kingdom of Nora was descending into madness. Soldiers shouted with rage, angered by the lies spread by their king. Rallying the troops, demons marched to the neighboring Kingdom of Venalesa. Their intentions were clear, pillage the land of its people and subjugate them for the crimes against their people.

Soldiers chanted as they marched. Without sound reason, they were going into battle.

“So that’s their aim...”

Goldie scoffed.

“Are they going to war, Goldie?”

The witch asked, concerned.

"There had been rumors of foreign servants within the Nora Kingdom. None of these claims, as far as I know, were true though. I believe it was the minions spreading lies amongst the soldiers and people.”

The golden witch clicked her tongue.

"The demons are using these lies to use my mother's death for the sake of war. Nothing adds up; everyone knew she was sick from years ago though… But the madness of the devils is turning the people into monsters."

Everything added up. Goldie could see the truth behind all of the madness the demons were whispering. The Overlord attempted to push the world back into war like the days before she was born. If they didn’t stop the Overlord soon, many would die at the hands of sheer madness.

“Then let’s be quick and defeat the Overlord so their king can stop this foolishness!”

 

 

The witches made their way through the gateway of the moat. Demons attempted to attack them, but Maddy and Goldie blasted them away with spells as they ventured deeper into the waterways.

 

"Your hat is close; I can feel its mana, Goldie! Prepare for battle."

“Right, Madalyn!”

 

 

9