Chapter 1: Instant Decision
601 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"HONK! HONK!"

The driver made an effort to apply the brakes, but it was too late to do anything about it. On such a clear day, he had no idea why an unknown man would suddenly appear in front of his truck.

"Ugggh! Even though I asked you to hit me in a few of my comments, Truck-kun, I only did so because I thought it would make me appear more funny and cool. You shouldn't have taken it so seriously in the first place. "

"Fuck! It's so painful! "

Edwin Law the 35-year-old man who was hit by the truck felt his whole body searing in pain, It did not take very long for his body to crumple to the ground after it fell to the ground limply. His eyes began to grow heavy. He did his best to keep them open, but he eventually couldn't take the pain any longer, and his consciousness began to leave him soon after.

"Hwa!" As soon as Edwin opened his eyes, his entire body jerked in response. "Wow, that was quite a terrifying dream..."

He let out a sigh while his forehead continued to perspire, but all of a sudden, he wrinkled his brows. "Where exactly is this location?"

When he looked around, he realized that he was in an unfamiliar room. This room, in contrast to the others, was constructed out of wood rather than the more typical cement and bricks. Even though it was spotless, it was obvious from the furniture that the person who occupied this space did not have particularly favorable living conditions. Naturally, Edwin did not have the time to think about any of this because he was already freaking out as a result of the strange events that were taking place. Was I kidnapped?

No, it doesn't make sense. Because I am not valuable in any way, there is absolutely no chance that anyone will try to abduct me. There is no validity to this... I can't believe it wasn't a dream; does that mean I was actually run over by that truck? '

He reflected on the many factors that might have played a role in bringing him to this point in his life. He brought his hand up to his forehead and touched it, and he could feel an odd bump on the top of his head. Who or what stepped in to help me? That could very well be it... Oh man, I can't believe I'll have to foot the bill for this emergency room visit now. Haha... If I had known that something like this would occur, I would have made sure to get health insurance...

Edwin cried quietly to himself as he contemplated the many ways in which he could pay the bill. He was also prepared to give up playing video games and reading novels for the foreseeable future because he would be required to work extra hours.

However, all of a sudden, he had the impression that something was different. Because of all the confusion he was experiencing, it is possible that he did not notice this earlier. However, now that he was thinking clearly, he noticed that his hands were paler and thinner than they had been before. When he looked down, he realized that the clothes he was wearing were entirely different from the ones he was accustomed to wearing.

When he touched his face, he realized that his beard had been completely shaved off, and even his face had a completely different sensation than it had before.

Just a moment... It was as if, all of a sudden, a brand new theory had materialized in his head, and a peculiar excitement began to well up within him. "Hehe, am I right in thinking that this is what it is?"

Ignoring the pain he was in, he ran as fast as he could towards the door, and as soon as he opened it, he took a deep breath. He continued to ignore the pain. His irises were blazing with light, and he had a broad grin plastered across his face.

"Yup! " It is unquestionably the same thing that I believe it to be! It was an exclamation. There is no question that the atmosphere and the landscape have both undergone significant changes. He was in a different universe.

"Hahaha! I transmigrated! "

"Truck-kun, my friend! When I said that I wanted you to hit me, I meant it in the most serious way possible. Hahaha! "

He let out a hearty chuckle, and then, following the inhalation of another long breath, he went back to his room and sat on the floor while wearing an enthusiastic expression. "If everything goes according to plan, this should be the moment when my cheat makes an appearance, right!?"

As he awaited the arrival of his cousin, the excitement in his eyes could be seen shining through.

...

5 minutes passed.

...

10 minutes passed

...

30 minutes passed

...

His excitement started to die down. His cheats did not come through.

"Okay... It's okay, some of the cheats like to mess with the main character's emotions, and they only show up when the main character is in danger.

"Yes, I suppose that's how it works. "

He was considering that when he looked around and his eyes fell on a rock that was slightly sharper than the others that were lying around on the ground. He did not show any sign of hesitation as he picked up the rock and thrust it straight through his abdomen... or not.

"Nope. No no no nope! I won't be doing that! I can't hurt myself because of something I read in a fantasy story, can I? That doesn't make any sense at all. Not that I am afraid of anything or anything like that... This is completely impractical... Haha... "

He gave in to his fears and chose to hold off for a while longer...

Nothing happened during that period of time... Edwin gave up his pursuit of receiving his cheat in the end.

"As was to be expected, there is absolutely no chance in hell that lady luck will ever be by my side..." "Truck-kun, you were not supposed to take what I said so seriously."

He heaved a sigh of relief as he came to terms with his predicament and resolved to look into ways in which he could lead an additional life that was typical.

The next thing he noticed was a tiny mirror tucked away in one of the room's corners. He walked over to it, and as soon as he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror, he let out an expletive. "Fuck! I am handsome! "

The concept of living a normal life vanished from his thoughts almost instantaneously. "I guess it's time for me to take up the life of a gypsy and find myself a sugar mama who can take care of me! Yay! "

An instant decision!

23