Chapter 2
93 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I've finally made it. Phew..."

I said while wiping the sweat on my forehead. After I finished feeling gratitude, I walked into the direction of the castle.

'I don't even feel the slightest bit tired at all, I guess I can conclude Perfect Recovery really works just like I want.'

Because of that, I feel a little excited again and beginning to look forward to trying many things in the future.

"*sigh*, this will take quite a long time."

I look towards the long line of the queue at the front of the gate and feeling dejected. As for why, it's because I have no choice but to get in line even though the chance of me either get imprisoned or being chased out are much higher even with the plan I had in mind.

"No way around it, let's just get in line."

I mumbled while still feeling dejected. After waiting for about one hour, there is still not much progress in the line, so I decided to fumble around with my status and things I forgot to check. I ended up finding out two problems which made me depressed.

The first one, Skill Points(SP) are needed to learn skills and Cheat Point(CP) for making cheat skills. As for why I'm not too surprised with the existence of CP, that's because my wish for my cheat is to be able to make cheats. And now, here is the main problem.

Skill Points: 1
Cheat Points: 0

Seeing the points has made me scrunched my face as if I have just ate a super sour lemon. As for the second problem, I found out I don't have anything like Inventory or Item Bag.

'Oh cruel world'

I can feel my tear glands are beginning to fail me. Of course, with my cheat, I can just make an Inventory skill. But, obviously, it will be much more useful if I have it now since I can use it to keep my money in a safe place by my side, storing things which will be useful for adventure, using it to show off and increase my reputation which will increase my chances to be invited as a temporary party member.

And, if I'm lucky enough, I might even ended up in a party with all hot babes party members which will become my pseudo harem. All in an instant and recognized as a promising rookie and will finally get my harem. Though, now, these plans ended with a setback, all because I still don't have an Inventory. It's a minor setback, but still a setback nonetheless. In the end, I decided to just think up some plans on what I can do for now. After a few more hour, it is finally my turn.

"Show your identification."(Guard)

The guard said with quite a rude tone. Obviously, I don't have this identification, but because I'm already prepared with a plan I'm not worried at all. Besides, even if the plan fails,the worst thing I think could happen to me is probably put in prison, and that still beats having to survive outside in the wilderness all by myself.

"Actually, I don't have one with me right now."

I said with an apologetic tone and apologetic smile.

"What?"(Guard)

The guard asked me again with a rude tone. I can also see his face already scrunched with annoyed expression.

"Well,....."

I told the guard that I don't know where I am right now and I got stranded near here while pointing at the direction I came from. As for the reason, I told him it was because I touched something. And yes, it is all a lie, complete bullshits, a bluff. Why? Because THIS is my plan I have been talking about. The excuse and bluff my way out with a mix of truth plan.

"So you're saying, you happened to accept a job to clean a house from your acquintance who is a mage and also the owner of the house, and when you're cleaning his house you accidentally touch something and you suddenly stranded around that road?" (Guard)

"Yes."

I replied to the guard's summary of my lies. The guard stares at me which obviously states he is definitely suspicious of me.

'Don't look away. Don't look away. Don't look away.'

I forced myself to return his stare so as not to further raise the guard's suspicion of me.

"*sigh*~, fine. Then, place your hand on that crystal ball." (Guard)

I comply with no hesitation at all to not irritate the guard anymore. There is a big chance that crystal ball is actually a magic item to determine whether I'm lying or not, but even so I have no reason to panic or hesitate. After all, like I said before, prison still beats the wilderness.

On the contrary to my expectations though, after I touched the crystal ball, a light appear inside it and in that light, there is a short vertical line. And that is all.

"Kid, what kind of life have you been living exactly?" (Guard)

"Um...what?"

I can only replied like that since I don't really understand what he asked me with a weird expression on his face like that.

"*sigh*~~, forget it. You can enter kid, but I need to know your name first." (Guard)

I told the guard my name but leaves my surname just in case and then he told me to wait and go inside a room. After a few minutes, he came out and gives me something.

"Take this. This will serve as something like a temporary identification for you. So make sure not to lose it."(Guard)

"I understand."

"Also, you will need to pay 5 copper every 10 days as compensation for the temporary identification. And remember to not commit crimes, if you did, we'll definitely find you. Understand? Well, though considering your current situation I doubt you even have any capability to commit any crimes."(Guard)

"I understand. By the way, ...."

I replied. Of course there are some questions I want to ask, but because I don't want to annoy him I decided to just ask only one question I really need to know.

"Well, is that all?"(Guard)

"Yes."

"Alright, off you go then."(Guard)

"Yes, thank you very much."

The guard shooed me. It irritates me a little but I decided to hold it in and still show my gratitudes. After that, without wasting anymore time, I immediately head to the next place in my plan.

3