In Caesar’s Eyes
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What do you do when your sister's belly harbors the Child of Origin, who's destined for world destruction? Do you kill her in hopes of preventing the great calamity or let nature just run its course and hope you won't feel it when the end comes? I don't know what to do, but I sure as hell can't kill my own, beloved sister. Why did mother ask me to do it? Doesn't she know how much I love her and my sister?

 

Ever since father died I have been the sole protector and provider for our small family. We were once rich and famous, we stood at the pinnacle of society. Mother was Caesar's wife, and we his children. That is, until he showed up. The man who overthrew my father and placed himself on the throne. 

 

He was engaged to my sister and the general of our armies. We were stupid to not see it coming, but what can I say? I was a naive child then. My mother took my sister and I, and we fled. Travelling from place to place like vagabonds, hoping to never be found. But it was a useless hope, he knew where we were the whole time, he just liked playing with us. He kidnapped my sister and impregnated her. When she came back a large part of her sanity disappeared and she was already five months along. She hid it all with a smile, but I could see through it. Every time I saw that expression of hers I felt inadequate. Unable to protect my family, what did I live for? The one thing I strove to do I could not accomplish, I was a child still. I was useless.

 

We continued running even when we found out what he'd impregnated my sister with. He'd basically impregnated her with the end of the world. Mother wanted me to kill her and the child to save the world, and sister begged me to do it. But, there was no guarantee that would work, and I didn't want to. My mother was disappointed and left to look for something in the middle of the night. She left me with the words "Don't leave your sister's side, who knows what could happen. Don't let her leave your sight."

 

She was gone for a month, and being the impatient person I was, I decided (stupidly) to confront the man who called himself Caesar. I had to take sister with me. Who knows what could happen if I left her alone (it had nothing to do with mother's wrath).

 

we snuck into his stronghold, finding it strangely easy. I killed a few guards but it wasn't their blood that had me on edge. I knew. I knew he let us come to him and that I had made the biggest mistake of my life. Dragging my sister along the stone hallways to that man's lair, I could feel her trembling increase with each step. When we reached, Caesar sat on a chair waiting for us.

 

"I didn't expect you to come without your mother, but oh well. She'll come in due time." His tongue slithered in and out of his moth disgustingly.

 

"Reverse what you did to my sister, bastard!" I said through gritted teeth and drew my sword. Sister trembled like a newborn fawn beside me.

 

He raised an eyebrow. "And how, do you propose I do that?" An evil smirk played at his lips as he licked them seductively. I almost retched.

 

"Take it out the same way you put it in. I know she didn't naturally become pregnant with this," I pointed her belly "thing." He laughed a charming laugh that sent shivers down my spine. The sheer sound of it put me on edge.

 

"Ah! you are precious! I didn't think you were this stupid." He spit the words out with a vulgar twist of his lips.

 

I grimaced as he spoke. It was all too true, I was stupid, naive, a weakling. Nothing I did amounted to anything. I couldn't protect them. I couldn't hurt sister when she begged. She didn't want to be the cause of world destruction, but I was weak! The one thing I claimed to do and I couldn't even do that! In my desperation I reached out with my mind and sent a dagger hurtling towards him, aiming for his throat. He dodged it easily as I swung forward with my sword, trying to go for a one-strike-kill. He blocked with a sword that materialized from smoke.

 

I would have been no match for his swordsmanship if I didn't have unpredictability in my attacks. He was a former general, famous for his deeds on the battle, a master at strategizing. But he couldn't predict my telekinesis knife attacks. The match came to a stand-still when he held my sister hostage. I should have understood that he wouldn't kill her after the trouble he went through to make her the "Vessel”. But rage, fear and tiredness clouded my judgement when I saw her terror. 

 

"Can't do much, can you?" He laughed sarcastically, taunting people was his pastime and I was about ready to break.

 

"Son, stand down. He won't kill her." A new voice broke into the one-sided conversation. I turned as I recognized it as my mother's voice. She looked haggard and held a strange stone knife in her hands.

 

"Ah I see you have deigned to grace us with your presence." He curled his lip and clenched my sister's arm tightly. Rage filled me and took over all my other emotions, I went berserk.

 

I woke from my trance to find the bastard beneath my feet, gurgling blood out of his mouth, trying to speak. His face held disbelief, but I was just as confused. What happened? Then I heard a desperate cry, startling me.

 

"Brother!" I turned to the heartrending sight of my mother stabbing my sister in the stomach. There was so much remorse on her face. Falling to me my knees, I saw my sisters eyes, betrayal filled her fading orbs. Mother screamed as sister's belly split open and an intense blue and orange light swallowed the room. 

 

I saw the chaotic universe, life and death. 

 

When it faded all the way I found myself alone in an empty plain. No one beside me, the once great fortress built by my ancestors centuries ago gone. The small city at it's feet had disappeared too. Did the end really come? Why was I left?

 

I screamed out my despair. I screamed and screamed till my throat was raw and blood spilled onto the ground. It was the end, for me and most likely humanity. Why?! Why couldn't it have stayed the way it was when I was a child? Why...

 

In the distance I saw some people running towards me, but it didn't matter. My mind was gone and so was my heart. I sobbed one last time as I felt my breathing still.

Based off of a dream I had. My dream was more crazy and weird, but these are the good parts (with a tiny bit of added stuff). I remember how sad this was in my dream and I was glad to wake up, even if I just layed there for a while. Sorry if you're depressed, I just had to write this, it was a compelling urge to explain what I had experienced. I didn't have a name in my dream (nor did anyone else for that matter) so I left it like that to keep the experience. It was totally not because I'm lazy...( -_・)

1