Pressurized Sarcasm: Chapter 1 part II
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 Welcome to Hell on Earth: Part 2

People who give the best advice usually have the most problems. I don't give advice, but I have a lot of problems, maybe I would be a good counselor? Not that I would want that job. I hate counselors, and don't want to deal with other people's problems. I'm too busy trying to figure out my own way to walk this tightrope. It makes me wonder though. How do those people even find time to deal out advice? Maybe they're not as selfish, I don't know. Maybe I just don't give advice because I don't have any friends. Seems legit.

 

I woke up this morning with a bit of a carefree feeling. My cast was taken off last night. I'm so happy! I actually slept. The psychiatrist will probably come visit today though. My spirits are in a tangle, not sure whether to be depressed, angry, annoyed or happy. I'm ignoring them though, because they really are annoying. Scratch that, I'm probably mainly annoyed. So much for the excitement I felt when I woke up. Damn. I just wanna leave this damn hospital right now. Aunt Bethany, I don't care if you make me depressed, please, please just take me away! Haha. I amuse myself.

 

I sat up in my hospital bed so I could watch youtube videos on my phone with more comfort. I'm not complaining about the fluffiness of the bed or anything, but if I sit here any longer I'll get bedsores. Or blow a fuse. I'm banking on my freedom before that happens. Youtube is nice, but my choice of video is retarded. Sometimes I hate myself. Okay, stop right there! If I start getting emotional with a pending psychiatrist visit I won't be able to keep up a facade. I'll just shut up. What is that psychiatrist's name anyway? Larry... Feathers... Beyonce? Sorry, I know you can't keep up with my train of thought. Feather's isn't a name, I know that already. But it's either Larry or some strange exotic name.

 

I was pulled by my thoughts by the nurses knocking. "Come in." I said not really caring, and took one of my earphones out.

 

"Mr. Decelles you have a visitor." She poked her head in and announced.

 

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Who is this 'visitor' that thinks he can enter my domain? "He can come in." I stated simply, wiping any emotion from my face. I was gonna say 'send him in' like some famous CEO but decided against it.

 

"Hey Bysshe!" The lanky weirdo with black hair entered excitedly.

 

"Hi Mareah, why're you here?" I was blunt but he didn't seem to mind. He stepped up to the bed and sat on the edge.

 

"You know I was so worried when I found out what happened Bysshe! I was crying a lot. I hope you don't feel too sad, 'cause that  would be just--sad." A random pout showed on his face, making his snakebites move in a weird way. Mareah was an emo, and for some reason had latched himself onto me. It was because we were both bullied, I think. I can't be certain with him, he's somewhat bipolar.

 

"I'm not really too bad off. I'm not dead or paralyzed or anything, so... I'm fine." I trailed off not knowing what to say. I could never think straight with him staring at me.

 

The eyeliner under his eyes started dripping, and before I knew it he was sobbing. I had no idea what was going on, so I chalked it up to his mood swings. 

 

"Aahh, Bysshe... you don't have to act strong in front of m-me..." sniff "I know you're in pain... you don't have to hide it! I'm your friend, and I'll always be here to help you!" He was wailing as he spoke, so it didn't sound very comforting, but I appreciated it. Even if just a tiny bit, my evaluation of him went up. Just a tiny bit. He was still a weirdo who did weird things.

 

He looked at me with expectation in his eyes. I knew what was coming."Hey give me your phone number, I wanna call and text you." There it is. He's pulling his puppy eyed look which is kinda gross and starting to piss me off.

 

"No--" he grabbed my phone before I could protest. For being such a wimp he has fast reflexes. Seriously, put those to good use. I tried to take it back, but he just turned away and punched in some stuff on his phone. I'm so dumb. I should have hid my phone when I saw his face.

 

"Hey! I didn't say you could have it! Give my phone back!" He gave it back, but not before the damage was done. My phone rang. Mareah's dumb face popped up on the screen. I'm gonna punch him. I hung up.

 

"Jeez, Bysshe, you're so mean! I've been begging you for months, but in the end I had to steal it." He was pouting again, this is seriously starting to piss me off. I looked at him with my emotionless face, but let my eyes burn holes into him. He flinched. "Hey, don't be angry, please? I just wanna talk to you."

 

I give up. He's a pain in the ass, but I can't turn him down anymore. This is why I hate persistent people. "Whatever." I calmed down and resituated myself on the bed to resume watching my video.

 

There was silence for a while. Mareah scooted over to me to see what I was watching. "What you watching?" Both of my earphones were in so I pretended not to hear him. He waited for a while before getting annoyed and shaking me vigorously.

 

"Just stop! okay?" I always end up losing my indifference when he's around. I looked at him in irritation. Gosh, I should just calm down. He was pouting again.

 

"Bysshe, do you think of me as a friend? Sometimes, it's hard for me to tell." What is he saying now? He just has to drop bombs at the worst times. How will I even answer such a question when he's the one forcing himself into my life?

 

I decided to be truthful. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me. "I don't really know, I haven't really known you for that long. Honestly, I don't really understand you, or what you mean by friends. You know how to pick hard questions. I don't really have an answer." I kept my voice cool, hoping not to hurt him, but also not let him take any steps closer.

 

"I-I see. I guess we'll just have to get to know each other better! We can text and stuff!" His voice seemed lonely when he filled it with false cheerfulness. I felt bad now, for only caring for my own ideas and feelings. It was true I didn't really like him, but that was mostly because I didn't understand him and he knew how to get under my skin. He was also a weirdo... yeah, I didn't really get along with anyone so, I guess it was good he clings to me? 

 

Just then that stupid psychiatrist made their way into my hospital room. With my irritated and confused mood things would not go well. I can't let anything spill, least not to that pissant.

 

"Hello Mr. Decelles, I see your friends is visiting. It's about time for our scheduled session, would you like to postpone it for tomorrow or finish it today?" His voice-- I'll call him Larry for now--Larry's voice was cold and somewhat put-out sounding.

 

It was just then Mareah inserted himself into the conversation. "I can go, I've already visited for a while so, yeah." He seemed a little flustered, what for I don't know. But I wanted him to stay, he was much better than a stupi--Larry.  I tried looking at him with pleading eyes, but I guess I'm no good at them, 'cause he didn't notice.

 

Mareah left and Larry sat down to begin the session. How I long for a hoodie. Hospital clothes suck.

It's been so long I barely remember what I was thinking when I wrote this. \( ˋ Θ ´ )/

0