CHAPTER 68: BEHIND THE DOOR
349 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Behind the doors, Houryu was expecting to see a laboratory like area with all sorts of experiments going on but instead he saw a well cleaned and ventilated room with hardly anything inside except for a table with a vase of flowers on it and a bed placed in the middle of the room.

On the bed was someone and it was from there Houryu could feel his phoenix life energy. Houryu narrowed his eyes before walking up to the bed and who he saw made him almost lose his breath,

"Rukia…!? No wait, she looks older… No way... it can't be Hisana right…" Houryu stared with his mouth open.

"... Now hold up… hold the hell up… why, how… she should be dead already… 50 years ago for that matter." Houryu almost pulled his hair out as he thought about how she was even still here as he was very sure that she was still alive as his phoenix energy would never let her actually die unless it wasn't there at all. There was a reason why his blood was valuable, it was continually drawn for 5000 years after all.

"...Okay let's think about this slowly." Houryu took deep breaths as he forced himself to calm down and think logically.

"... she should have died 50 years ago, but I was not even awake to do anything at that time so how exactly did my energy even get in contact with her and then keep her alive for this long." Houryu asked himself as he looked at her face which seemed like she was simply sleeping.

Houryu thought hard but couldn't for think about anything he had done to have caused this, but then he suddenly thought to try something else.

Houryu walked back to the side of the bed before placing his palm on Hisana's forehead and then using a skill he had created a couple of thousand years ago, the skill to use anything that had a part of essence to gather information.

"... Never did I think I'd have to use this skill again… tch" Houryu thought angrily as he closed his eyes and connected mentally with his phoenix life energy inside Hisana and literally start downloading information of everything that it had ever experienced.

"Argh..." Houryu held his hand due to the migraine that he currently had as receiving that much information in the brain affects anybody, even Houryu for that matter. As a matter of fact, his brain should have even exploded but as usual he was making use of his all his self-recovery abilities to get over it.

Houryu finally received all the information and then sat back to wait for his headache to be relieved before even bothering to check the memories.

A couple minutes later, the headache was gone and Houryu quickly dived into the memories and after about 20 minutes he opened his eyes and then face palmed himself as he didn't know whether to be angry or exasperated with what he just saw.

"So the phoenix energy that separated from me and transformed into the firebird before flying into the skies(Reference to chapter 35, when the reincarnation took place) somehow didn't disintegrate and for years was looking for somewhere to simply go back to doing its job which is literally to keep someone alive as that's what I had originally used it for(keeping my crumbling body back then alive as I couldn't do the reincarnation yet until clone Houryu came back) and somehow it found Rukia's sister who had some sort of mysterious illness that was draining her life force away and so it merged with her to keep her alive."

"But since it was configured to keep me alive and not someone else it couldn't really do anything about her sickness but unfortunately it was already merged with her and couldn't leave. The mere presence of life energy this powerful is what is actually keeping her alive and this is the reason why she's been in a coma for the last 50 years instead of actually being alive." Houryu recapped the situation to himself, his hand still on his face.

'...So, while trying to keep the story on the right track… I ended up being the one to have made the greatest difference… Luckily, she's been in a coma instead of actually messing up the storyline.' Houryu thought to himself as he again looked at the bed Hisana was lying on.

"Now the next big question is… should she stay alive or dead?" Houryu whispered to himself as he now had a big decision to make that could potentially put all his plans into jeopardy.

He could save her and then potentially risk her coming into his plans and ruining it or he could simply kill her here and now or even alternatively just leave if he didn't want to get his hands dirty as the life energy inside her was already stirred up by him and would literally burn her to ashes if he didn't do something about it soon, she wasn't a phoenix after all.

Houryu walked back to her bedside once again and then looked at her sleeping face like it'd help him make a decision.

"...Tch… What am I even thinking about… Revenge is my endgame after all…" Houryu clicked his tongue in annoyance and said as he plunged his hand downwards into Hisana's middle.

(A/N: I mean middle as in stomach/chest area and not the other middle… get your mind out the gutter guys)

30 minutes later…

Houryu stepped out of the room and shut the door quietly behind him before turning around to walk away, but immediately he turned to walk away he saw an approaching Kuchiki Byakuya.

"...I came here as soon as I heard that the Kuchiki manor was invaded, but it turns out to be just one of the ryo…" Byakuya started to say until he saw the blood dripping from Houryu's hand and the room he was coming from.

Byakuya's spiritual energy flared as he asked Houryu slowly,

"You… What did you do?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From now till the end of this arc will be a bumpy ride so I hope you guys are ready for some spice. There are a lot of things to look forward to and also a few things that would be. confusing at first, but it'll all be clear in the end.

You can get extra chapters by voting power stones so If you don't wanna wait then bite the bait and vote powerstones. I'm voting mine as well so the rest is up to you guys.

Good luck

4