Chapter 3 Elec Masanyalaze
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RBR Chapter 3 Elec Masanyalaze

Elec was bored, the lesson during this period being one which he didn't exactly like or dislike, history. So, he had decided instead to allow himself to be mesmerised by the emerald strands on her head, his classmate, the new transfer.

He had been a bit shocked by her arrival as her status had already been announced, the elusive Musota-Butwa heiress. Everyone among the six other clans had been curious about her as the Musota-Butwa clan had hidden her very well.

This was the 12th day since the beginning of the term in his second year at Musayi Highschool, and she had never once said 'hi' to him or any other classmate for that matter. Her entire being had been stoic from day one, her coldness keeping away even the most daring, not to mention that her clan dubbed in the terrifying field of poison.

Elec had tried many ways to get her attention the past few days, but all had failed, and now, he was thinking up a plan while enjoying the view of emerald strands swaying in the breeze that pushed through the window.

"...the end of the Quantum Era signified the beginning of the Era of Erosion. What was the Era of Erosion?" The teacher's question entered his ears. He was burly, his arm easily surpassing Elec's thigh in size. It was a wonder why he even taught here, even taking on history as teaching material. Elec had joked with his underlings once that maybe he had originated from that rumored kingdom of barbarians up north.

A sigh escaped his lips at the slow crawling of the time. Just ten minutes remained until the end of the lesson but he thought it was taking forever. The dull pain in his butt was also a constant annoyance as the hard wood pushed back against it. He had always wondered whose silly idea was it to not have comfortable chair in the classroom.

"Mr. Elec Masanyalaze, would you answer the question?" 

The teacher's voice caused him to grumble inwardly. From day one, the man had had it against him. Elec even had a feeling once that the teacher was somewhat clairvoyant, having picked up on the fact that this lesson didn't interest him.

"The Era of Erosion was a time when the supercells took over the bodies of all humanity, forcing them to savagery and madness." He answered. The knowledge was already there in his mind, he just had to remember.

"You are correct. Now..." After the man moved on, Elec breathed out a sigh of relief. Thankfully, he had already memorised the topic or else he would have been in deep trouble.

The screen on the surface of his desk was playing a reenactment of what had happened during the Age of Erosion, but he didn't have any interest, so, he rested his head at the table, his eyes back to gazing at the emerald strands.

Apparently this heiress was called Leah, and the moment she had enrolled, many scions had instantly thought of every excuse to coddle themselves to her, whether male of female. Their families had probably ordered them in order to gain information about her, but she hadn't entertained any, chasing them away coldly. Elec was the only one in her grade since he was the same age as her, 16. It was a heaven sent chance, but as always, it seemed like his father wasn't interested in his matters, so he hadn't received an order to try and get close to her.

'He's probably fucking some new commoner whore. I wonder why mother doesn't simply divorce him.' This thought caused him to sigh heavily, moving his gaze from the emerald strands to the sky outside the window.

A thin blue film separated the sky from the city, visible partially because it made the sky weird. Skyscrapers were everywhere without a hint of green. Animals and humans hadn't been the only ones affected by supercells, plants had too, and it was a risk keeping one near you since you could end up on its menu.

The breeze he was currently feeling on his dark skin had been filtered, removing any biological molecule or organism from outside Kampala city.

The sound of the bell entered his ears, causing a flicker within those electric blue pupils of his.

'Finally!'

He stood up, the screen on his desk automatically going dark before he moved to appear by the side of hers. Her side profile gave a glimpse into her eyes which had the same color as her long waist-reaching hair, only more captivating. She had an oval face and was petit, her blood red blazer hugging her slender body real nice. The same colored skirt only barely rode over her knees as she stood up, turning to him with a wrinkle on her forehead.

"I am Elec Masanyalaze, can we be friends?" He asked, his heart hammering in his chest with such power, that he had the illusion it would burst out of his ribcage. The previous ways he had tried to win her attention had failed, and now he was back to the age old formal introduction.

"Tch! Why can't you people get it? I am not interested in making friends here. I only came for the knowledge." She spoke, her voice cold enough to elicit chills within him.

"...why?" A subconscious question came out of his mouth, only for her to glare at him with those emerald eyes, before shoving him away and walking out of the classroom.

"Isn't she too arrogant? Does she think her family are the Mpologomas that she can disregard you?" A boy's voice came from his back. He already knew who it was the moment he had started speaking, one of his underlings.

"It would be wise not to speak carelessly about the seven clans." He cautioned upon which a profuse apology came out from the teen. He was chubby, the crimson blazer clearly too small that it was struggling to hold his form. He was sweating as if he had just run a marathon, but his eyes contained something, ambition and greed. The seven spectrum clans were simply too powerful and influential. Many small families, clans and groups were fighting to get into their eyes and this boy had come from one such clan. Those eyes of his holding reverence weren't directed at him solely, but at the Masanyalaze clan at his back.

'It seems like I will never have a genuine friend from those below my station.' He sighed before walking out, the boy following close behind, trying to ease him. His name was Mathew, the other name having been already forgotten as it hadn't been important.

'Even I too, was rejected...what is her goal? Why doesn't she want friends?' He puzzled over the Leah conundrum even as the afternoon sun hit his face upon coming out of the building. This was supposed to be the start of the rainy season, but the sun was still unforgiving until the clouds could take over.

"Mathew, what would you suggest I do to win her over...not romantically of course." Elec asked, with knowledge that the chubby boy was still trailing behind him. He was using his hand to shield his face from the sun but it was proving futile as the rays snuck through the gaps.

"If you had asked me advice on how to woo the girl, I would have had dozens of tricks...but friendship...that only depends on one thing, benefits."

The boy's answer surprised him and also made Elec develop some curiosity, so he turned to him. He stared into those black eyes which were also gazing back at him without flinching.

"Mathew, its like I have just discovered a whole new dimension to you. So, what kind of benefit are you getting or seeking from me?" Elec asked with a grin after a few short seconds of staring. Many students were milling around them but he was now more interested in hearing his answer than looking around. The sun's glare had long been forgotten.

"So far, none, I am simply placing a bet for the future." Mathew answered, his chubby fingers rubbing his chin in an adult reminiscent posture.

"A bet...hehehehehehehe...you are a very interesting person. I can see the ambition burning within those eyes...that fire, I hope it stays until you become an adult...now, where were we..." Elec spun around and made for the school gate, the sound of steps behind him signifying that Mathew was still following.

"So far, nothing is known about her. We need to find an entry point, something she might need. Young heir, it will be better if you simply pay attention and wait, the moment will appear in due time." Mathew concluded causing Elec to feel as if a burden had been lifted. 

He had fallen for Leah the moment he had seen her, his feelings were romantic and genuine, a secret only he himself knew and one he wanted to keep buried for now.

"Where is Jet? Why didn't he come to school today?" He made some small talk by asking about the other underling, the insufferable one whose bootlicking had almost reached the literal level.

"His mother found out that he had bedded one of the commoner maids, and his punishment was a week in his room."

"Today's Monday, so that means we will see him next week then." Elec said almost chuckling. Jet and Mathew were both promiscuous by nature, after having tested the forbidden fruit of sex once, they had fallen to the addiction of flesh meshing with flesh. 

Elec would have, probably, if it wasn't for his strict mother, Lisa. He shivered at the memory of those eyes that became hawk-like the moment his gaze lingered a little too long on the maids.

"I bet the maid will be fired now...personally, I do wonder why the woman doesn't hire male staff..." Elec said.

"Hahahahaha...she did suggest it, but her husband vehemently refused, apparently for the same reason as Jet. He feared his wife being charmed by one." Mathew chuckled at that and Elec did too, as their family was just too absurd.

'Though, mine's probably messed up more.' He sighed as the crimson gates entered his sight. They were open, the students streaming out in twos or more groups, chattering about many topics. He even caught a glimpse of her emerald hair as she entered a black levitating sedan, sent by her family no doubt.

His eyes widened a little bit as his roaming gaze caught sight of a familiar figure opposite the road.

'Now this is a surprise.' He thought as he bed farewell to Mathew, speeding up to cross the road.

0