Chapter 8 Lisa
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          RBR Chapter 8 Lisa

"So, what's your name?" Eric asked while walking within the walls of the corridor, lighting up with white. 

A few minutes had passed since his talk with the man, who was now walking in front of them. The boy beside him had been shocked and bewildered when he had withdrawn his transformation, something which endlessly puzzled him because Eric had the thought that the boy must have known about his existence before he had even come into this world.

"I would prefer it if you didn't speak to me." He brushed him off. Eric had many questions which he had held back from asking the man since he had appeared impatient and the ever present pressure kept him from acting chummy.

'...besides, he's the one responsible for the blue sphere of electricity in my mind space. I can feel the connection. Why would he want to enslave me?' 

He had already made the decision to stay as far away from the man as possible. Or try to not attract his attention. That only left this grumpy boy at his side, walking shoulder to shoulder with him. 

"I gather that what you are dressed in is a uniform of some kind?" He tried again, curious, since the clothes somehow complemented each other, from the blazer to the shirt, tie and down to the pants. The dark crimson color scheme matched that of blood. 

It was embarrassing that he was still naked, but he tried to act nonchalant. 

'Too bad I haven't grasped how to transform...I would have atleast covered myself with scales.'

"Hmpf! I won't lend you my clothes if that's what you are getting at." 

The boy was too clever for his own good, though, he found that he was immature.

'I need to stay low key and observe the world around me before coming up with something to do. Where could we be going though. These walls are lighting up...technology really is marvelous!' 

Even as he wanted to practice the art of caution, the anticipation at seeing the outside world was simply too immense!

A set of double blue doors appeared in his vision, the man walking up to them and they, opening automatically without so much as a signal, caused his eyes to light up.

"What is that?" He asked the boy once again.

"..." A heavy breath was released from the boy's mouth, a sigh. He didn't say anything else or provide an answer.

'Why is he avoiding me?' He wondered for the umpteenth time. The boy didn't even deign to look at him.

'A small cubicle, how familiar and somehow revolting.' He frowned, the memories of being trapped in that white space emerging to the fore. He had developed a dislike for small dull spaces.

After some hesitation on his part(thankfully, the man waited patiently even as he looked directly at him), he ultimately chose to enter the small cubicle.

"What is this?" This time he grudgingly asked the man. It was driven by the fear of the small space. What he wanted to know the most was if they would be getting out of this tiny space in the near future.

"I thought you were taught...this is an elevator." The man answered, causing the weight in his chest to vanish as he brought up the memories of the contraption to the fore. It was used to ferry people, so that meant he wasn't going to be trapped here for long.

Silence. This time he didn't speak as he knew that both the males didn't want to entertain him. It was killing him since he had many questions...

'Calm down, Eric. Remember your meditations. Its just a matter of time before you get to see the outside world.'

"How are you going to explain...this...to mother?" The boy spoke at this time. Since his back was to them, he didn't know what kind of expressions they were making. Instead, he decided to pay attention to their conversation, trying to glean something useful.

"The truth."

"Do you think she will just accept him? He looks just like me? How could you have decided to create a clone of me without her, or my input?" The boy, raged. Eric's sharp senses could catch the elevated heartbeat, the elevated blood pressure, and the faint static in the air.

(An electric eel)

Another memory was conjured up. The crimson mist(he had been told that it had been his cells...bizarre! Cells possessing actual intelligence!?) had once told him that his DNA was a mix of human and electric eel. Apparently, even these two had the same makeup.

'Electric eel...but then, what was that transformation? I can understand the scales, but the claws? not to mention the horns? They did speak that I am of the mythic class. What is that?' Questions, questions and even more questions. They were piling up, yet he had no one to seek answers from.

There were memories locked within his DNA, but apparently, only the cells could access them, forever locked from him.

'It looks like I will have to study my origins at length.' He sighed, at some point having entirely ignored the conversation at his back due to the whirlpool of chaos in his mind.

Ding!

'A chime! The crimson mist taught me about that!' His eyes lit up at something he recognised. This meant that they had arrived at their destination.

The double doors opened to someone new, an unfamiliar face. It was a female, the first of his species he had seen.

Tall! That was the first word that came to his mind. She loomed over him, her head, above his own. But, that didn't make her strange or anything, instead her body seemed to have adapted to the height in its own way so that she wouldn't appear ugly.

Since he was in front, those dull silver eyes of hers bore down upon him with such an intensity, he almost had the illusion she wanted to devour him.

"So, you finally couldn't hold back." It was a statement, though coming from her, it was cold enough to chill bone.

"He's an experiment." The man's voice from behind caused those dull eyes to show puzzlement, her gaze once again settling upon him.

She was angry...no, enraged. He could feeling it in his bones. Intense emotions were always easy to pick out it seemed.

"Mother, he basically came from an egg. Apparently, a weird experimental clone having my cells." The boy spoke, passing by him. It was an explanation, but he could pick out the unhappiness within.

"What do you expect me to do with him?" She asked, her apron swaying in the wind.

"And, why on earth isn't he wearing anything?" Another question that caused Eric to finally remember something, his face becoming hot. His feet moved him fast enough that he managed to hide behind the man, peeking out to look at the woman. 

She had black hair and was dressed in a casual dress that didn't bring any advantages of showing off her figure, instead, it hid everything within its bagginess.

"Baguma, you are really testing my limits by bringing him here." She spoke once again, Eric getting a glimpse of her saw-like teeth. He reached a conclusion that she had incorporated some fish genes, a type he couldn't guess from just those few observations.

Everything about her being was rearing to go, but caged behind the walls of rationality. He even had the suspicion that she was as strong, if not stronger than the man he was hiding behind, whose name now he knew to be Baguma.

"If he was a bastard from another affair, he wouldn't be here." The man explained as Eric saw that the the boy was standing beside his mother, directing a glare his way.

"And you think that's a sufficient reason for you to bring him here? Or do you believe that just because he looks like a mirror image of my son that I would just accept him?" She pressed, the dull silver eyes narrowing, a faint threatening sensation causing his skin to crawl.

"Lisa, you are the one who agreed to this...arrangement. You could have refused. Besides, as I said before, he isn't a bastard. He will help advance our clan." Baguma's tone remained firm.

"I sometimes ask myself why I naively agreed all those years ago..." She sighed.

"...boy, quit hiding behind the bad man and come with me. I don't particularly bite. Elec! You could have at least offered your blazer to the boy!" She berated the other boy, causing him to lower his gaze, though, Eric could catch the resentment he hid.

"Catch!" She threw the blue apron she had on after unbinding it from herself. Eric let out a sigh of relief upon tying it around himself. Being in the nude had been embarrassing. At least now his lower body was securely covered.

He walked out, the afternoon sun bearing down onto his skin, causing him to look up.

"I finally get to see the sun, it is beautiful." He mumbled in awe as the yellow light fell within his eyes. It was as big as in his imaginations. A blue screen also entered his eyes, probably a shielding of some sort, though, he wondered why it was there. 

'I doubt its because of the radiation.'

"What's the purpose of the blue screen?" He asked Lisa as they walked towards the house. It was just a few meters away, built atop the building.

"To keep out some biological material that would otherwise corrupt DNA." Lisa answered. She was walking beside him, looking at him in one moment, then onto her son the other. She was probably puzzled by how they looked like twins.

"Mother! Why did you accept him? He might take over my position as heir!" Elec whined. Eric almost had the urge to smile at his tone of voice.

0