Chapter 1: Prologue
80 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Prologue

"Hah, beat me all you want. I won't give you ANYTHING!" Shouted Chen Ling with calmness.

"Who do you think you are? You are but a worthless being. NOW, give me your HERITAGE!" Responded one of the outer-sect disciples.

Chen Ling is said to be the weakest cultivator, he is 16 years old yet he is still stuck at the seventh level of 'Qi Condensation'. Cultivators treat him like a servant but he does not care, after all he has already lost everything precious to him. It all started that day, Chen Ling used to be from one of the top 5 sects the 'Ling Clan'. The coming of age ceremony is one of the most important tests that you will ever receive in a life time and it appraises your 'aptitude' , everyone has an 'aptitude' once they are born. It evaluates your potential and what type of cultivation is best suited for you. It's said that one hundred thousand years ago the original founders of cultivation made this test for future generations to blossom.

But when Chen took the test, an unexpected result occurred. Chen Ling received the lowest potential in history, and his suitable cultivation? Unknown. 'Unknown' only happens if you are not suited for any type of cultivation and you have to create your own path, only limited to yourself.

Unbeknownst to everyone, he was in a state of shock and surprise. Unsurprisingly he was disowned, all his belongings were removed and in a final cry he screamed,

"THE HEAVENS MAY HAVE CURSED ME, BUT I WILL REDEEM MYSELF! I MAY NOT HAVE LUCK, BUT I DO HAVE MYSELF. WHEN I BECOME THE STRONGEST, DON'T COME BEGGING TO ME IN DESPERATION! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN UNTIL I HAVE MY REVENGE!..."

"Pfft, you're just a weakling now. You may have had talent since birth, but you have the lowest score ever seen in history for the coming of age. No one likes you now. Hah, at least I'm now the successor for the clan. HAHAHA!" Responded Chen's elder brother with laughter.

Only Chen's sister did not betray him, after all was said and done she was the only one who gave him food and prepared him before he started his adventure.

"I'm sorry Chen... I love you so much... But, I just can't leave with you. Please, call me if you need anything." Said Chen's sister with a sad tone. 

"It's alright sis, I'm thankful enough for what you have done for my sake. I hope you have a wonderful life, this may be the last time I see you, but nevertheless I will always remember you dearly in my heart." Responded Chen Ling.

With that, began Chen Ling's desperate journey to find a sect to accommodate him. Day after day, Chen struggled to find food, housing any essentials in life. In winter he hoped for the best, in summer he tried his best to find rivers or creeks. But when he was about to give up, he found the 'Sun Clan'. The sect was said to be one of the strongest in the past, but it all had fell to nothing after one of the 'Demon' sects destroyed it. Although the strange past, Chen had no where else to go so he needed a position at the very least as a servant or outer disciple. 

But the kind patriarch gave Chen an average position as a outer disciple, and of course Chen Ling was overjoyed. Lost in thought Chen spoke these words with indomitable courage.

"Thank you patriarch, although I may be at my lowest right now, I promise, in the future when I stand at the peak I WILL give you many benefits. I know reaching the 'Open Heaven' Realm by itself may be too profound but I know I can reach the top. I have no limits and I WILL prove that to you!"

"Hah, you're still young. Enjoy life while you can and as a great scholar once said. 'Time flows like a river, once you reach the end, you will have nothing further to reach but a paradise of praise. The peak is just a title, one may never truly reach the end.' Responded the unknown patriarch.

"Such wise words... Thank you! I hope to follow your wishes in the future!" Responded Chen with great bravery as he began to walk away on to his way to he supposed accommodation.

"This child has a bright future ahead of him, I'm lucky to see such a sight at my age.." Thought the patriarch with great belief.

Chen then made his way to a place called the '118 heavens' where all of the outer disciples would have 4 people in each 'heaven'. Since Chen had the lowest cultivation at the time he was assigned heaven, '117'. The reason why he did not go to the last is because that's the place where all the disciples who 'rebelled' and were to powerful went.

Chen Ling was excited to meet his newfound roommates since he had always slept on a comfy single bed before hand, and most importantly, he was excited to EAT! After all, he was still hungry after his long journey. Chen was speed walking across each 'Heaven', and he saw many amazing things on his way to his own. He saw some disbelief things like, people flying on SWORDS, people using 'Heaven' techniques that are very rare. He saw many more things but he was shocked mostly at one thing. People were using a technique that he had never seen before, and he was curious as to what that may be.

"This sect is AMAZING! How has this sect fallen? As from what I see this sect is flourishing and is like a flower ready to blossom. I'm amazed that this sect is nearly bigger than more the 75% of the sects back in my home land. I wonder what is in my Heaven... Heh I wonder if there is a library where I can learn techniques here, since I've lost all my original techniques I need some new ones." Thought Chen to himself.

1