7 Preparations
708 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the family reunion and some emotional moments, we finally sat on the dining table for the dinner. Mina waved her hands and the servants quickly placed the dishes on the table.

While eating the food I was thinking of how to get most out of this dinner as I know nothing about this world and the situation our family is in right now.

But I knew the situation would be bad, no maybe very bad; judging by how Violet gave importance to the Dragon contract and that was also the reason Robert died in the first place. And Robert failed miserably so, I can somewhat guess the situation is far worse than I know.

All of life I believed in creating my own destiny, and that’s what I’m gonna do but to do that; or precisely to make starting amends in current political schemes of the kingdom I need information and a lot of it at that.

“So, big sis what mission were you on?” I asked with curious expression of a caring brother

Before answering Angela looked in mina’s eyes for a moment and said, “It was nothing brother, to keep myself busy I sometimes go to the kingdom’s remote places and help the locals.”

I understood they don’t want me to worry about kingdom’s problems as soon as I woke up, and I get that but the problem is I am not the FUCKING Robert here. I need to know about everything before doing something.

‘Lily, can you give me some basic information about this world?’

[Yes, but the information I can provide is very limited.]

‘So tell me, is slavery legal in this world?’

[Yes, The slavery is legal and all kinds of slaves can be bought in the Slave Centre.]

‘hmmm…I need to buy high level slave.’

“Mother, can I get some money?” I requested looking towards my mother

“Yes dear, but what would you do with the money? You can ask me anything if you want you know.”

“No mother, I don’t want to bother with my selfishness.” I said with loving expression

“You don’t have to worry about that, still if you wish to get some you can ask the Treasurer. I will tell him to give you whatever you need.”

Just like that we finished our meal chatting and talking in very lively manner; at the end we all had smiles on our faces and we headed for our rooms.

“Welcome back Master.” Violet greeted me after entering inside my room

“Violet, did you eat the dinner.”

“Yes Master, personal like myself eat at the same time of family members but in a different room. So that we can get back to our duties.”

‘Yes, that’s a good way to manage things’ I thought while appreciating the palace’s efficient management.

I lied on the bed letting out a tired sigh out of my mouth

‘I need someone knowledgeable to form a plan and trained at the same time to help meexecuting my plans to work.’ I thought while figuring out how I should proceed from here

“Violet?”

“Yes Master”

“Are there personal spies for the Royal Family to know about the kingdom working in shadows?” I asked lily while sitting on the bed and a firm expression on my face

“Yes Master, There are. Their group is called Nightsword; every one of them is a master of this field whether it be disguise, assassination and much more.” She replied without asking as to why I was asking about them

‘alright, I need to talk to mother.’ I thought and stood up before heading towards Mina’s room

Violet followed me and after reaching the door I knocked it twice announcing myself to mother.

“Wait here” I said to Violet before walking into the room

After entering into the room, I saw Mina sitting on a desk beside the bed with some papers spreading on it. She was really working hard to maintain the status-quo in the kingdom.

“Yes dear tell me, what’s the matter?” She asked worriedly as to why I went to her room after dinner

“Mother, I have a request. Will you grant it?”

“Yes, why would I not? Tell me what do you want dear.”

“I need a member of Nightsword solely assigned to me.” I said with determination shining in my eyes

She stared at me for a while but seeing my unwavering determination she sighed

There was no emotions on her face like she was having a negotiation with me to see if I can handle the pressure or not. Well, I was and expert in all kinds of fields but especially politics and management.

“Alright I will send someone in the morning to report to your room.”

“Mother, there’s one more thing.” I said also with firm expression but inside I was worried a little bit

I was not some kind of coward but the thing I will be saying next might change my image in my mother’s eyes permanently. Still I got no other options but to say it so that I don’t die in this world without a fight.

“Yes?”

“I would prefer a female member, if possible.”

“Alright, you don’t have to worry. I already have someone perfect for anything you need.”

“Good night Mother, sweet dreams” I said

---

Mina’s POV

Robert came to my room, seeing him I was worried at first and my fear came true when he requested for a member of Nighsword for him.

Because of the absence of his father, he had to mature early because of that. I tried my best to give all my children love of both a father and a mother. But still, I could not help be happy and sad at the time for my son.

Happy because he was dealing with everything with gentle on his face to not make me worry about him; and sad because he didn’t have the opportunity like others to play and enjoy his life a little.

Now again as soon as he woke up he is trying to do his best. Well, as his mother I will support him in everything he does. So I called for the Nightsword Chief immediately after Robert left my room.

“Your Majesty.” A dark mist came out of the floor and there appeared a man in black clothes. That man was Alex, the Nightsword chief. He greeted me respectfully with a knee and a hand on the floor.

“Alex, I want you to your best female member in 10 minutes here.” I ordered and he nodded and disappeared

After five minutes the dark mist formed again, this time instead of Alex there was female figure kneeling in front of me.

“Your Majesty. You called for me?”

“Yes, first tell me your name.”

“My name is Maria, Your Majesty.”

“Maria, I am assigning to Robert. From now on you will follow him no matter what; And you will give me daily-report every night.” I ordered and she nodded

“Now report to him tomorrow morning. Dismiss” I said and she nodded before disappearing with the black mist

‘haah…what’s on your mind Robert?’ I sighed before lying on my bed.

13