13- A Big Conspiracy
638 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Tell me everything you know about this whole charade.” I commanded Violet and she started telling me the story behind this whole plot.

“This whole thing started during the Great War fifteen years ago. And the first sacrifice was of your father, Austin Lockhea-” Before she could continue, I interrupted

“Stop” I stopped her to calm myself down for a minute and digest what I heard. Many conflicting thoughts and emotion ran rampant inside me; I couldn’t understand why but I was feeling the anger and sadness.

‘Come to my room and bring my mother with you.’ I ordered James who was standing in the throne room

‘Sir?’ He asked in confusion

‘Did I stutter in any way? I. SAID. COME TO MY ROOM.’ My immeasurable anger was clear in my message, which made James almost piss himself in front of the Queen.

After some time, they arrived in my room and my mother was looking at me with a questioning look.

“Mother, please sit down” I said while pointing to another sofa in front of me. She nodded and sat down

“Repeat what you said” I ordered Violet who was trembling non-stop in fear thinking what’s going to happen next

“This whole thing started during the Great War fifteen years ago. And the first sacrifice was of your father, Austin Lockheart”

For a second my mother lost control of her emotions and released her aura which made all my slaves to fall on their knees; I was also in the same position but I was on the sofa so I felt my lungs pressing which made it hard to breathe for me. I could only breathe after my mother retracted her aura back.

“Tell me about it, James.” She said in voice filled with anger, sadness and many more chaotic feelings; even I was feeling the same but maybe because of my skills or system I could control my emotions a little better, for now that is.

“As Your Majesty already know in the Great War was between Western Alliance headed by Westeros Empire and Eastern Alliance headed by Zivia Empire. In the war both Prari Kingdom and Lockheart Kingdom were part of the western alliance, and their armies were fighting side by side.

But Prari Kingdom wanted to weaken ours as much as it can. And to do that their biggest obstacle was the then King, Austin Lockheart, the strongest man only second to the Westeros Emperor.

At that time, there was also civil war going on inside the Westeros Empire which made the emperor divide his attention.

In the last battle-The Bloody Battle of Zureka-against Eastern Alliance; the backup was supposed to arrive 5 days earlier but still there was no sign of them which made Our King to take the lead and push himself beyond his own limits.

On the sixth day after the backup arrived, he returned to the camp fatally injured, he couldn’t even hold his sword in his hands.

There I gave him the poison I was provided by the Army General of Prari Kingdom instead of the Holy Healing Potion provided by the Westeros Empire. Prari Kingdom’s plan was to weaken our kingdom to take control over easily.

But their plan backfired, and Westeros Empire made announcement of our kingdom being under its protection and the emperor personally said that if anyone tries anything against Lockheart Kingdom; he will face my fury. In that, they promised to help our kingdom against any outside invasion or war or any kind of dispute with another politic body.

So, they started to make our kingdom weak from inside out by making many of our nobles to side with them. But this time, the Crown Prince skillfully managed to solve problems of the kingdom caused by nobles from the shadows.

That’s when the higher-ups of Prari Kingdom decided to kill our Prince.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked with a frown on my forehead because of his last confusing words

Instead of answering himself he pointed to Violet who was shaking unstoppable. I understood there’s more to her and Robert’s inability to form the contract with Ryu.

“Speak.” I said, my voice made her body flinch and her lips started to tremble before she managed to speak

“I-I-It w-was m-m-m-me.”

“I said speak, DAAMIT!” I roared in anger

---

Two years go

Violet was dressing Robert in his room because today he is going to try to form the Contract with Ryu. After she dressed him, he hugged her lovingly and said, “After I for the contract today, I will ask mother’s permission to marry you.”

Instead of answering him she nodded her head slightly.

“Ok, let me give you a little curd before you go.” She said while trying to move away from him

“What for?” He asked with a little disappointed to be away from her

“It’s for your good luck, we at the orphanage followed this custom before going or doing an important work in our life.” She said with a ‘loving’ face holding a bowl in her hand

“But my good luck is right in front of me” he said with slight pout on his face

“say, aah”

Little did he know he just ate something that will change his life forever and for bad at that.

It was to weaken him just before the Contract Formation Ceremony that will result in his dying or being a disabled person for the rest of his life

---

Violet completed her story of that day and revealed the reason why Robert failed even after being called a Prodigy of the millennia.

*SNAP*

After hearing her words something inside me snapped and I lost control.

TO BE CONTINUED…

---

I know, some of you might get confused as to why the MC is feeling anger by original Robert's story BUT, there's a proper reason why sometimes he feels like that and i think it will be revealed in next 5 chapters or so.

So, how was the chapter? It would be great to have your feedback on the story development

13