Chapter 2: 9x Gravity Field
44 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uncle Wang, it's fine. Maybe it's because the humidity level in the mountains is high."

Wen Ping didn't explain overly much as he slowly headed toward the main hall step by step.

After being left standing there alone, Uncle Wang only regained his senses after a long time.

(So that's the case. It's so simple. No wonder I started to feel pain in my leg joints again. So, the humidity level of Cloudmist Mountain is actually high to such an extent.)

Old Wang then rubbed his knee joints and passed the broom in his hands to the mountain dog beside him. "Big Yellow[1], bite the broom. I've aged… since the Immortal Sect is gone now, I have to treat myself a little better."

Woof!

Big Yellow then bit the broom and followed behind Old Wang.

At this moment, Wen Ping turned his head and cast a glance at Uncle Wang who was walking with a hunched back. He was an ordinary person who had done miscellaneous stuff for the Immortal Sect his entire life. 

"Uncle Wang, do you still have any family?" asked Wen Ping.

Uncle Wang started, it was as though he couldn't hear clearly. He then paused for two seconds before asking, "Ah? Do I what?"

"I said, do you have any family? Everyone in the Immortal Sect has left, so why don't you go down the mountain and enjoy your retirement?" Wen Ping wasn't annoyed. He repeated what he had said earlier and also explained it more detailedly.

After all, Uncle Wang had been doing chores for the Immortal Sect his entire life, and he had never gone down the mountain before.

Although he didn't have much merit, he had worked hard. Therefore, considering that he was already 97 years old and it was unclear how many more years he could live, Wen Ping felt that it was wrong to let Uncle Wang continue staying in this 'abandoned' Immortal Sect.

"I don't have many years left in me, so where can I go?"

As he spoke, Uncle Wang patted the mountain dog beside him.

The mountain dog Haha barked twice. But because the broom was in its mouth, the sound of its bark became somewhat more special and this attracted a slap from Uncle Wang.

"Haha, speak properly!"

Woo, woo~

The mountain dog could only sprawl on the ground and spat the broom out with an expression of being 'wronged' on its face.

When Wen Ping looked at the old man and the dog, some fluctuations suddenly appeared in his heart state. It was as if a type of indescribable sourness was echoing within.

(Forget it, I will just let Uncle Wang stay with me).

In the past when his father was still around, he always emphasized the difference between a superior and a subordinate. But now that Wen Ping was the boss, he would just treat Uncle Wang as his own family and allow him to live his later years in ease and comfort. However, he would remember those elders and protectors who left after his father died. In the future, not only wouldn't they be friends when they met again, but they would be enemies.

(You guys are willing to give the cold shoulder to the Immortal Sect today, but tomorrow, the Immortal Sect will rise to such a lofty position that all of you cannot afford to even fawn on it!)

During the night.

Wen Ping returned to his Rain Listening Pavilion[2] at the mountain peak and lay down on the bench, looking at the main hall. After that, he unconsciously slipped into the dreamland.

The moonlight cascaded downward like a blanket. Wen Ping, who was using the bench as a bed, was sleeping soundly, but he was suddenly awakened by the Super Sect System's voice in his mind.

"Host, the main hall has finished upgrading. The remodeling this time around has perfectly restored the main hall's original appearance. In addition, some unique abilities are incorporated within. The sect, including the sect leader, will exude a unique sense of attraction within 5,000 meters."

"Attraction? I like this. I feel that I was lacking this since young so I never had a girlfriend even up till now." Wen Ping opened his sleepy eyes and saw a mission interface popping up before his eyes.

[Remodel the main hall, completed! Reward obtained: a 3x gravity field.]

[Please plan the gravity field's placement area.]

"Wait a minute, let me think about it."

Wen Ping stood up and jumped onto the roof under the bright moonlight, casting his gaze in the surroundings. His gaze penetrated the night and locked onto the western area of the Cloudmist Mountain.

He had been to the western area once only, but his impression of that place was pretty deep. When he was 10 years old, his father had brought him there. After that, he was bedridden for three months when he came back.

It was because that place was a martial competition field with no platform set up. It was just a large piece of empty ground.

To sum it up, the disciples of the Immortal Sect had no rules when sparring there, and they would all wear masks to conceal their identities. So, no matter who it was, if they got beaten up there, they were not allowed to cry or complain. This was the case even for the sect leader's son.

Because of it, Wen Ping had no good feelings toward that place, and the first step to remodeling the Immortal Sect was to ban it.

After coming to a decision, Wen Ping jumped down from the roof.

The moment he entered the pavilion again, he saw a wooden tray with a few meat and vegetable dishes on it. Wen Ping then picked up a piece of meat with chopsticks and placed it in his mouth.

It had turned cold.

Uncle Wang must have delivered the food here long ago but didn't wake him up after seeing that he had fallen asleep.

After eating and cleaning up, he pushed the pavilion's door open and left the area as he headed toward the western area of Cloudmist Mountain.

Walking through the secluded forest paths, he was accompanied by the cries of insects and the chirping of birds that covered the sound of his footsteps. Not long later, Wen Ping arrived at the empty area on the west side of the mountain.

"This place then!"

[Currently installing!]

The mist gushed over and enveloped the area.

[Installation successful!]

When the mist dispersed, the previously empty ground now had nine special dragon pillars that were ten meters tall on it. Dragon heads could be seen at the peak of the stone pillars and were staring at the core of the nine dragon pillars. Its gaze was extremely sharp. The dragon tails were wrapped around the bottom part of the pillars and even extended outward by a certain distance.

"Host, this gravity field can be divided into two parts: 3x gravity, as well as speed and strength special training. Do you want to personally experience it?"

"Sure or I won't know the exact situation."

At the instant Wen Ping stepped forward, the dragon pillars suddenly emitted a shifting sound that was extremely heavy, like muffled thunder. After that, the gray stone eyes of the dragons opened and revealed their gray pupils.

Wen Ping's steps abruptly stopped.

"System, tell me honestly. What do you mean by speed and strength special training?"

"Is the host afraid?"

"Hehe."

"Under the 3x gravity, the strength and speed of the cultivator will be compressed to a point where you find it difficult to even take a step forward. After that, the user only needs to train using their cultivation method normally and will be able to receive a 9x increase to his cultivation speed when compared to being outside the gravity field."

"9x?"

(Ahhh yeah!) Wen Ping was almost frightened to death from hearing this.

(9x the cultivation speed, isn't this amazingly incredible?)

Cultivating in this place for one day equaled nine days of cultivation for others. One day might not mean much, but what if you cultivated here for one year? Wouldn't that mean that you would have cultivated eight years more compared to others?!

Cultivating for two years here was equal to having 16 years' worth of cultivation compared to others!

Wen Ping sighed. "My heavens, this thing is too terrifying."

"I forgot to tell the host that the cultivation speed enhancement is only effective for cultivators at the Body Refinement Realm. It's ineffective for cultivators above that."

"That's not bad either."

Wen Ping expressed a simple praise with regard to this. After that, he didn't hesitate to jump into the gravity field.

However, when he landed on the ground, his entire body suddenly sank. He felt as though there was an additional mountain on his shoulders, pressing him to the point where he found it hard to even take a step forward.

He then tried running for two steps and realized that his speed was no different from his normal walking speed.

3x gravity was actually so terrifying!

After that, he casually executed a punching routine. Given his strength at the seventh level of the Body Refinement Realm, he would need half an hour to complete a cultivation circle[3] once. But now, he had actually completed nine cultivation circles in half an hour!

His cultivation speed had indeed increased by nine times!

[1] Uncle Wang's address for the dog named 'Haha'.

[2] A pavilion for the sake of hearing the rain sounds. I think it's just a pavilion that can be used for all purposes.

[3] A term used in martial arts novels. The time it takes for energy/qi to cycle through your body once.

0