The Goddess
74 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class Card Suggestions?
  • Avenger-Sasuke Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Archer-Gilgamesh Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Archer-"Archer"(Counter Guardian EMIYA) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lancer - Achilles Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assassin - Itachi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caster- Gohan Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Someone I missed? Leave in comments. Votes: 1 25.0%
Total voters: 4

"Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

White. As my eyes open, the first thing I notice is the abnormal amount of white. Jerking awake, I stand up from the floor and scan the room. The first thing that caught my eye was the woman that had her back to me. She was sitting at a desk seemingly focused on whatever she was doing, and the thing that really caught my eye was her white hair that cascaded down the back of the chair. Before continuing to survey my surroundings, a voice breaks me away from my thoughts.

"Finally awake?"

My body tenses as I assume a combat-ready stance. If there's one thing that I learned from the battlefield, its that woman are stronger than any weapon can hope to be.

As she turns around, my stance falters slightly as I gaze at the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen. She didn't look to be a day over 20 with sky blue eyes that screamed wisdom, flawless skin, and a pure white dress that only emphasized her... shapely features. All of this paled in comparison to the aura she gave off, it felt like I was standing in front of someone with the power to end my life with just a thought. A slight appreciative look crossed her features as she notices my combat-ready stance, but it disappears in the next second as she coughs to catch my attention.

"Relax, If I wanted you dead you wouldn't be here with me."

She smiles slightly as I drop my combat stance, but my eyes were still full of suspicion.

She turns around to grab a piece of paper from the desk she was working on.

" Codename Adam,"
I flinch slightly at the use of my codename, but she continues on as if she didn't notice.

"19 years old, no family, no official education, trained in the Child H_E_R_O program to be a national secret weapon. Due to help from a scientist you were able to escape at the age of 9, the scientist died in the process and you became a mercenary to gain money." She raises an eyebrow as she looks up from the page to lock eyes with me as if to ask if her data was correct. Staring into her sky blue eyes, there is only one thing that I can think of.

"Who are you? No... WHAT are you?"

Everyone that knew about the H_E_R_O program should be dead... how does she know about it.

"Who I am is of no concern to you yet, but I can answer the second part of your question. I am what is protecting the many worlds from destruction, and I am looking for someone to help so I don't fall dead from overwork."

Realization fills my eyes as I stare at her in amazement.

"So, is that where I come in?"

She looks back down at the paper before responding.

" Yes, but right now you are way too weak to be of any help. Originally I wanted to use a heroic spirit... but that didn't turn out the way I wanted it." A look of annoyance flashed in her eyes as 12 cards appeared in front of me. "These cards each hold their own unique heroic spirit and they will be of great help to you... if they decide to help you that is."

As the cards start spinning around me they fly into my body one by one, and by the time the last card entered my body, my consciousness started to fade.

"When you wake up, there will be something to guide you so don't worry. Do well enough and maybe you can see me again."

'Wait!!!' I wanted to scream at her to wait, she never ended up telling me her name...
//
For the first time in a very long time, I dreamed.
I dreamed of a game, a game of life and death. Each fight was fought with my life on the line, and as I wielded my sword I became faster and faster. Somewhere along the way, I was acknowledged as the fastest. Everyone fought together in guilds, or with parties but not me, at least not at the start. Eventually, I made a lot of friends and even a lover. But he... he took her from me. He killed her in front of me. Hate built up inside of me. I hate him for killing her, I hate him for trapping us here, but most of all... I hate myself for being too weak to save anything. Next time... I will be stronger.

1