Chapter 3- Sorry Mr. Author!
74 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I laid myself on my unfamiliar bed, thinking about how I ended up here.

This was too bizarre.

Well- maybe not too bizarre.

It was common to be transmigrated into a novel.

At least in what I have read.

After all, I'm an otaku- so of course, I’ve read countless manga.

But then again I wouldn’t know.

It’s not like anyone could tell if someone was isekai’d out of existence.

However, this isekai was different.

I’ve heard of people reincarnating as villains but not where the villain was this evil.

There was the typical reincarnating into a novel as an extra, reincarnating as the villainess of a romance story, being reborn into an overpowered main character and so and so…

But this was different.

I was a significant part of the novel-

But in the worst way.

I took out my phone to look at my face once more.

Black hair. Sharp and shockingly beautiful blue eyes. Glasses that were definitely the reason why this guy wasn’t popular.

Did this guy never try to wear contacts before going villain?

Nevertheless, I truly was Tatsuya Yosuke.

I attempted to clear up my intentions.

What’s going to happen to me?

Am I going to turn evil?

Or can I choose to stay good?

But what if the story forces me to play it out?

But there also might be a chance I have free will over myself.

Should I follow the plot of the novel?

If so- am I obligated to commit so many crimes?

To me- this world is complete fiction.

But the people in it are very real.

I couldn’t believe myself after passing by those very real citizens.

If I decided to follow the story- I would most likely end up killing most of these people.

The future me was merciless.

I would become a great villain.

But that’s not what I want.

I don’t want to kill anybody, nor commit any acts against the innocent.

But I also don’t know what would happen if I reject it.

Would I be erased from the novel?

After all, I was the main antagonist.

If I don’t act accordingly, many significant events and character developments in the story wouldn’t happen.

Many may die regardless whether I act as the story goes or I don’t

But if I didn’t Adrian Day would not have a final boss to slay.

The biggest question right now is- is there a way for me to live differently?

I couldn’t find more time to ponder the question as a notification from my phone lit up.

Tiriring!

It was a reminder of an event.

[Pick up June from Daycare]

June?

Daycare?

Was I responsible for a child?

Even though I didn’t know anything about what was currently happening-

I decided to go.

It’s not like I could just leave a child by itself, whoever they were.

The notification also mentioned the location of the Daycare, and it wasn’t very far, so I decided to walk there.

As soon as I stepped outside of the building once more I was once again met with feelings of unfamiliarity.

I knew nothing about this place.

Although this entire city is this story’s major setting, I didn’t have a clue about how the city was.

I knew nothing about the streets and nature littered throughout this metropolis.

Nothing like my childhood neighbourhood.

I eventually found myself staring at things my mind couldn’t conceive.

Holographic billboards, realistic-looking artificial grass, quiet traffic, hovering trains.

This entire world.

It was once all but real to me.

But now it’s everywhere.

***

I eventually found myself at the daycare.

Just like the rest of the city, the daycare did not look like a daycare.

But at least it seems the laughter and excitement of young children still run rampant in this day and age.

The sight reminded me of home.

From when I would pick my sister up from school.

But when she was 13 she began to mature.

As a result, she grew tired of me. 

To the point where she sometimes just said my name instead of the normal “Big Brother”-

As if I was just a friend of a friend.

It broke my heart when she said she never wanted to hang out anymore.

Putting aside the depressing memories, I walked into the building and rang the bell on the nearby counter.

As soon as I did a young foreign woman came out in a school uniform and asked me-

“Welcome back Mr. Kanemoto!”, she said as she welcomed me.

“Your sister is just about ready to go!”

Just then, a little girl with dark hair that reacher her elbows came running out of a room to my right and greeted me with a hug and a question:

“Brother! Mina told me that her brother told her that babies come from their mommies’ bellies- is that true?!”

I couldn’t help but react and put on a disturbed face.

My first meeting with this kid and she asks me this?

Who the heck is she?

I could tell the woman found the situation funny once I saw she had put on an awkward face as well and giggled.

“Uh.”

I tried to come up with an appropriate answer.

“Well, you see-”

Tiriring!

Saved by the bell.

My phone rang in my pocket due to another notification- this time regarding details of my enrollment in the Hero Division.

I put my phone away and used the interruption to break away from her question.

“Looks like we should be going now!”, I relayed to her.

“Thanks for the help!”, I exclaimed as I waved to the woman at the front desk with the girl’s little hand in mine.

“Hey brother, let's get ice cream for dinner!”, she stated.

I looked at her with wide eyes.

Not because of her adorable looks that could melt anyone away- but the fact that Yosuke had a sister.

Now that I’m thinking about it-

In the novel, after Yosuke turned evil- he told Adrian that his only family member died as a result of his decisions.

In the novel, Adrian was in a situation where he could have prevented an incident that destroyed a couple of buildings but decided to save his love interest Sayaka Yuei instead, who had been in trouble.

Now that I remember, I could recall that Yosuke turned evil as a result and swore revenge on Adrian.

Yosuke would eventually go on to nearly kill Yuei.

This little girl must be the catalyst that put Yosuke on the path of evil and misery.

Which meant that the death of this little girl would come to cause the deaths of hundreds of people in the future.

While I was researching Yosuke’s life I found out that his and June’s parents were involved in an Incursion.

In this world, the presence of mana was so concentrated that it attracted other species of monsters seeking to take control of Earth, and they invaded via direct portal gates.

These events were called “Incursions”.

Yosuke’s family was taking a bus home when an Incursion blocked the road.

As a result, everybody on the bus except for Yosuke and his sister was taken into the portal.

While their mother was taken away, their father died protecting his children.

Even though I never knew this family- I felt a pang of sadness in me.

The story broke my heart.

But it also confused me, as this wasn’t written in the novel.

Nonetheless, Yosuke was left with only his sister and eventually became protective of her.

He valued her because she was all he had left in the world.

She was now his everything.

But unfortunately, he eventually lost everything.

It now made sense how important this child was to Yosuke.

But then, I realized something.

If this girl’s death was the biggest factor in Yosuke’s turn-

Then all I had to do was prevent it.

If it doesn’t happen, Yosuke should stay on the path of good.

Without the motive to become evil, Yosuke strays from the dark future he creates- and in turn, changes the entire story.

Could I do this?

Can I change the near entirety of the story?

It’s not like the developments that happened as a result of Yosuke’s defection couldn’t happen otherwise.

It was simply that it was Yosuke who was written as the character to have these events occurring in the first place.

“Nii-chan?”

June woke me from my thoughts.

Save this girl- save the world.

Is it as simple as that?

I turned back to her and asked, “You wanna get your favorite food for dinner?”.

I realized something the moment I realized she was significant to the story-

I didn’t want this girl to die.

To be a character used as a catalyst for the sake of the story.

Eventually forgotten…

Like my own sister- this girl has a life to live and mature.

A future to look forward to.

This is what I wanted for her.

“REALLY?!”, she yelled out loud.

I asked her if she wanted her favorite food so I could learn more about her.

“Yep. Let’s have some fun today!”, I replied.

“Yeah! Fried chicken!”

I made my decision.

I’m going to save this girl.

I’m going to save everyone that wasn’t in the original story.

I’m going to save myself.

I want to embrace this new life.

I’ll become Tatsuya Yosuke.

But I won’t be this world’s villain.

A better ending.

That’s what I’m going to give this world.

No.

A happy ending.

Sorry Mr. Author-

But I’ll be changing your crap story!

4