Chapter 9- Weight of The Sword(1)
79 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bye!”, a little girl waved at me.

I waved back at her with a sincere grin and an affirmation.

“I’ll be back soon.”

Today is the day I journey off for the sword style.

I just dropped off June at daycare with the caretakers- who were surprisingly much more willing to take her for a few days. She would be here while I would be busy searching for the style.

From my research- and my knowledge of the book- I concluded that there was at least one location where the style could be.

In legend, it is said that years ago- the disciples of the creators of the styles created shrines that came to harness fabled magic that could somehow lead you to the aforementioned styles.

There was one location here where one of those shrines could most likely be: Aokigahara.

As cursed as many thought it was back in my world- was even more accursed here.

During this time, the habitats of various deadly magic beasts and easy-to-get-lost in dungeons were added to the list of crimes the forest has committed.

For the normal man, delving into the forest would be suicide. But for me- 

There’s almost no difference, unfortunately.

I have no skills nor the capabilities to find my way back- so finding the shrine in one go was my best bet.

I at least had a general area of the shrine, the difficult part was finding it.

As I set off for the forest, I could only find myself increasingly more uneasy about how it could go.

This was a certainly risky operation- but the goal was nearly worth the danger.

In a little less than two hours, I found myself inside the forest just a little away from the civilized path.

At this point, there was no way I could turn back if I continued.

However, the reward was too invaluable to pass up. A chance to obtain one of the strongest styles of combat was simply too good to pass up.

As I advanced toward the darkest depths of the woods, I looked back at what may be the last time I can see civilization.

After that, I continued to tread the unknown path that may lead to my end.

***

Day 1-

The forest I was currently traversing was more or less similar to the one I’d just left behind.

Although the atmosphere seemed to be too quiet. 

Nonetheless, I can’t falter and must continue to the shrine.

The forest seemed endless, this was due to the effect of the meteors.

The forest was no exception to the disaster, and as a result, many creatures evolved into dangerous beasts.

Not only that, but the environment evolved as well.

Research found that the intense concentration of mana distorted the environment, deluding those who entered it even more than it should have.

That same effect must be disturbing my surroundings now.

Still, I can’t do anything about it so I must go on.

***

Day 4

Although I’ve been carefully rationing my supplies, I’ve been using the fauna as another source of food.

If I were to be trapped in a state where I wouldn’t have the resources to cook animals then I would need the food I brought with me from Tokyo.

As for my setting, my environment seemed to be close to the woods I’d passed days ago but I could tell something was off.

It was like something was watching me. However, I know that’s impossible.

But no matter how much this place seemed to try to scare me, I needed to advance.

It was said the shrine was built deep in the forest and only those with the strongest of wills could reach it.

I was more or less open-minded about the whole method.

Anyways, if I die- wouldn’t I just go back to my world?

***

Day 10

There seemed to be no end in sight.

What a bother.

I thought I could have found it by now.

I was completely off.

I tried to get a sense of my location but I realized it didn’t matter.

If I turned back now it wouldn’t make a difference.

Even if I did my best to return I most likely never would.

I could sense the forest was strange.

It’s most likely distorting the image of the forest and deluding me even now.

But…

I still have to keep going.

There’s no point in me going back without trying to reach the shrine now if I'd die going back anyways.

Just a few more steps.

That’s what I’m telling myself.

Just a little while more.

***

Day 15

Just a little more.

It’s been over two weeks now.

Once I get back-

No. IF I get back, I’ll have to face a mountain of scolding and punishment. 

I can’t imagine what June must be going through.

To be abandoned by her only family.

Don’t worry, June.

Just a little while longer.

I can only hope you haven’t given up on me either.

***

Day 20

My hands are too tired from climbing and crawling.

My body’s getting thinner. I haven’t had a good amount of food to keep me going in a while.

At this point, I might just collapse.

The mana in the forest must be affecting the forest greatly to the point where it makes the place seem endless.

Or who knows, maybe it really is now.

If it’s true I may as well give up.

No. I can’t. Not yet.

Let me go on for a little longer, please.

Heal my wounded body.

***

Day 28

Fuck. my mind is telling me I should have stayed buut

I know I cant stop. not even now.

my hands are getting 2 tired too to write.

im gonna stop 4 today.

***

Day 33

I dont

***

Day 40

meat pork ham chicken beef soba udon yakiniku okonomiyaki takoyaki sake 

***

Day 50

Sorry June

Sorry June

Sorry Sorry

June Sorry

***

Tweet! Tweet!


Peck! Peck!

“Yes… That’s it…”

An old man reached out his hand and fed food to a bird.

Besides sleeping in and meditating this was one of his hobbies.

He left his small cozy abode to enjoy the environment he currently inhabited.

He reached toward his bag and pulled out food for nearby squirrels.

The old man could not think of a more peaceful life.

He continued to walk through the woods as if he knew the entirety of the forest like the back of his hand.

He loved to leisurely wander away from his home to meet the wildlife and observe them.

He continued until he found a big animal.

He thought this kind of life could go on for years and years…

That is until he found him.

What lay like a corpse in front of the old man was not an animal, but it certainly was wild as one.

It had black hair that was ruined and its skin was dehydrated.

The thing looked frail and carried a gun and a katana.

He could tell the creature hadn’t eaten in a while-

At least not anything good.

He realized what the creature’s purpose was the moment he saw him.

And he was horrified.

The days of living in seclusion and peace may now be gone due to this one man.

“This crazy bastard…”

“And they said there would be no way that anyone would be crazy enough to search for me…”

4