3.
116 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next days the sells were not so good for that I brought less goods to sell. 

On my third day, I planned to give myself a off day and roam around as I don't know other places. 

While travelling by, I found the importance of knowledge and intelligence. The anime only showed the journey of the protagonist and many places were not mentioned or had an in depth information about. Like this Salanzo Town. 

Keeping that in mind, I looked for a library. A small old library was there in a narrow and silent alley. The name reads ' Passionate Readers ' . 

I pushed opened the wooden door and the creeking sounded really loud in the silent library. Entering the library, the smell of old books wafted in my nose. 

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘲𝘶𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳. 

I curiously looked everywhere there were four columns of books with three rows. 

I picked a book randomly which reads ' Revolution of Dark type Pokemons ' . 

It caught my interest as Absol is a Dark type. 

I found the closest table and chair and sat down to read. It's a history book about how the Dark type pokemons were known as evil pokemons and how the views changed gradually through time. 

It may sound boring but I was a humanities student with history as main and the history of Dark type pokemons was really interesting. 

Good times never stays long and I didn't realise how long I was immersed in the book until a force shook my shoulder. 

I turned my neck stiffly, while reading for so long my neck was sore. 

The lights of the library was lit I don't know when . My eyes fell on the old man with long white beard and gold rimmed spects and a sweet doting smile. 

" It's late little one. Go back and come again tomorrow. There's more interesting books left. "

" Really? Ah. I read the book should I pay per hour? Well, I don't know how long I read... "

He chuckled, " It's alright. This humble library met such a passionate reader after a long time. "

𝘚𝘰... 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦. 𝘠𝘢𝘺! 

𝘈𝘩𝘦𝘮. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘺. 

" Thank you - " 𝘈𝘩. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦... 

I was going to ask but he interjected me, " Call me Grandpa. It sounds good." 

" Thank you, Grandpa. " It's awkward but it really made a sense of closeness.

" Then trouble you tomorrow again. Goodnight, Grandpa. "

I went back to the mansion. 

For the following days I spent most of my time in the library and became very close with him. His real name is Glent Black. 

Yes, surprising he got a surname which he said to be come from generations to generations once it was a low class baron but now it's no different than a commoner. 

He brought me many information about the current Sinnoh region which was really helpful. News about the outer areas doesn't reach much to this town. 

The youth in this town is not interested in this library or rather reading so there's no people coming to read. But often I find few people probably in their twenties coming and respectfully talking with him. 

I shared with him about my concern about my first pokemon which I want to be an Absol. He was really intrigued and asked me for the reason for my choice. 

I truthfully told him about my preferences . 

He just silently nodded maybe thinking I gave a very childish reason. 

" Little one, I understand. But like you read in the first book, Absol is still not seen by people as a good pokemon. They still regard them as bad omen. Are you aware of the consequences if you get an  Absol? Many people in this town are still not so open minded. "

I silently heard his concern and advice to think carefully for my choice. I thought carefully. 

𝘕𝘰𝘱𝘦. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘈𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘭. 

I looked at him straight in the eyes and said with determination, " Yes. It's still Absol inspite of all consequences."

𝘏𝘮𝘮. 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

He smiled more dotingly. 

" It's good that you're determined. Let me remind there's no pill for regret. " He looked at my glowing light brown eyes with determination and longing. " Then, this Grandpa can be of help to you. "

𝘖𝘩. 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘱. 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮. 

To be honest, I can feel that his looking after me and sharing so many information is like an investment. But I lack those now and inspite of knowing it's a kind of trap and he's probably going to use me, I walk in that direction to turn the table by using him. I can feel he's not any ordinary character and hiding something deep. 

" Really? How can you help me Grandpa? Can you get me one Absol? " I quickly went on with my role play. 

" Hahaha. Sorry little one. I can't get you one. I'm too old to move my bones. Instead I'll tell you the location, you go and see if you can catch it. " 

" But, how can I catch it with no help? I don't have any pokemon to deal with it. " My brows were connected with worry. 

" Don't worry I'll lent you one. " With that he threw a pokeball and a Staraptar came out. " He'll help you on your journey. "

With that I spent four days for preparations for the outing to go for  Firestar village very close to the forest of the mountain range to add my first buddy and partner. 

9